• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did UCFs push to claim they belong in the playoff take a hit today?

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to be talked about, so.....

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, there is some truth to that.

How many of their players didn't suit up simply because they didn't want to?

There is the real issue that CFB post season has to resolve.

Not the UCF or eight team playoff.

But a way to make these lesser bowls mean something so that players will stop skipping them because they don't want to be there.
Yeah, you know most of those players on the Houston roster weren't too excited about playing in Fort Worth. Hell, a lot of 'em probably played a ton of there during their high school careers...so no big deal. And they probably also played at Jerry's World in high school so Amon Carter was a big let down.

There seems to be many teams/players that have broken "giveashitters" when it comes to playing many of these bowl games.

I'm all for just letting the guys that have had little or no playing time all season get some game action.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's exactly is the double standard I'm pushing? I understand the game UCF is playing, by claiming the Natty, and bitching about the Playoff ... and it's working. Not necessarily working to get them into the playoff, but they're making money and making headlines. I believe UCF will soon outgrow the AAC in every which way and it will only be a matter of time before they're invited to a P5 conference.

All anybody will remember is that they beat LSU in a NY6 Bowl Game. Hasn't happened yet, but the point is, people aren't talking about Memphis on the National scene. UCF has become a thorn in the side of college football.

It's funny you think success will bring UCF into another conference. I guess it's just another thing you don't understand.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think App St will out grow that conf in a season or two.. They have been solid for years now and even tho they have 2 losses.. a 10 pt loss to PSU was still a good showing for them.

App. State didn't lose by 10 to Penn St. They lost by 7 in OT on the road.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF would lose multiple games in the PAC. Yes the PAC. Now let that sink in for a minute.

They'd probably lose to Stanford, Arizona St. & Cal - maybe USC, depending when & where they played them - but end up winning the rest of their conference games.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, regarding Appalachian St. - they have nowhere else to go at the moment. Going to the MAC would be a downward move; CUSA would be a lateral move (they already have 14 teams, too); the MWC is too far away; and I don't think the AAC will be expanding any time soon.