• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did UCFs push to claim they belong in the playoff take a hit today?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am #1 Dad ever, fuck everyone else who has ever fathered a child. I am the one true winner!!! My kids say so

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it strengthens UCF's case that they're well above their conference.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it strengthens UCF's case that they're well above their conference.

Yep, all them close games UCF had with those teams don't mean anything, it's all about how bad those teams lose to other shitty teams.

m2CTcj.gif

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, all them close games UCF had with those teams don't mean anything, it's all about how bad those teams lose to other shitty teams.

m2CTcj.gif
These early bowl games are the American Football equivalent to soccer "friendlies". Don't act like Bama hasn't played with a serious lack of "give a shit" in non-playoff/NCCG bowl games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These early bowl games are the American Football equivalent to soccer "friendlies". Don't act like Bama hasn't played with a serious lack of "give a shit" in non-playoff/NCCG bowl games.

Yeah, we all saw it last year when Auburn lost to UCF.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF couldn’t beat a decent team with their QB, without their QB they couldn’t stay within 14 points of a legit team #UCFacts

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND also beat Pitt by 5 and UCF beat Pitt by 37. Transitive property doesn't work too well in football which is why "common opponents " is a stupid criteria

No, common opponents is fine, just not based on how well they beat them. If ND beat Pitt, but Pitt beat UCF, then you would favor ND if we're into tiebreakers. You wouldn't necessarily favor UCF, if both UCF and ND beat Pitt. MOV is not really a good stat.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The insecurity UCF exposes from some people is priceless.

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF's on field play the last two years has been impressive, but their off field administrative politics is laughable,,
Boise and Utah showed them the way, schedule, play, and beat the big boys.. simple as that.. but ucf seems to have a seriously over inflated ego,, not willing to play neutral site games, and when Florida offered a 2 for 1 home and home, they said no thank you, we deserve a 1 for 1 ????

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF's on field play the last two years has been impressive, but their off field administrative politics is laughable,,
Boise and Utah showed them the way, schedule, play, and beat the big boys.. simple as that.. but ucf seems to have a seriously over inflated ego,, not willing to play neutral site games, and when Florida offered a 2 for 1 home and home, they said no thank you, we deserve a 1 for 1 ????

Pretty bad argument here.

UCF schedules at least 2 P5 programs per season.

They are in no obligation to lose money for bad deals, nor should they be mandated to play a school close to them.

Nobody is running away from quality competition. White is running away from bad deals, which hurts the school.

Florida has yet to win a major bowl game this decade. UCF has a Fiesta and a Peach Bowl win.

And why should UCF take that deal, when other programs are willing to do 1 for 1, or agree to a match-up on a neutral site?

Your logic only makes sense, if you live in a world where Florida is somehow morally superior to UCF.

You brought up Boise State here, but the Broncos do not do 2 for 1 deals, as far as I can see. When they challenge big gun schools, it's mostly on neutral sites. And every year, they try to schedule at least two AQ schools.

I don't think White would object to playing at the Citrus Bowl every year with Florida. I further don't think he'll object to doing a single away game with Florida.

And lets face it, even if White took this deal, it's a not a guarantee they would move up past #8 in the subjective ranking, if they beat Florida on the road and went undefeated.

The goalposts always moves. Even when Boise State beat Georgia, the argument was, "Well, they still don't belong because they do not play more Georgia's". When Boise State went undefeated and beat Oregon, they couldn't get ranked past #6.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, common opponents is fine, just not based on how well they beat them. If ND beat Pitt, but Pitt beat UCF, then you would favor ND if we're into tiebreakers. You wouldn't necessarily favor UCF, if both UCF and ND beat Pitt. MOV is not really a good stat.
That's fair

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad argument here.

UCF schedules at least 2 P5 programs per season.

They are in no obligation to lose money for bad deals, nor should they be mandated to play a school close to them.

Nobody is running away from quality competition. White is running away from bad deals, which hurts the school.

Florida has yet to win a major bowl game this decade. UCF has a Fiesta and a Peach Bowl win.

And why should UCF take that deal, when other programs are willing to do 1 for 1, or agree to a match-up on a neutral site?

Your logic only makes sense, if you live in a world where Florida is somehow morally superior to UCF.

You brought up Boise State here, but the Broncos do not do 2 for 1 deals, as far as I can see. When they challenge big gun schools, it's mostly on neutral sites. And every year, they try to schedule at least two AQ schools.

I don't think White would object to playing at the Citrus Bowl every year with Florida. I further don't think he'll object to doing a single away game with Florida.

And lets face it, even if White took this deal, it's a not a guarantee they would move up past #8 in the subjective ranking, if they beat Florida on the road and went undefeated.

The goalposts always moves. Even when Boise State beat Georgia, the argument was, "Well, they still don't belong because they do not play more Georgia's". When Boise State went undefeated and beat Oregon, they couldn't get ranked past #6.

When ND played Ball State or Vanderbilt, you lost money. Had they played better competition, you get a better TV placement.

UF has a better record this decade then UCF, playing a much stronger SOS.

Boise, BYU payed their dues, UCF hasn't. TCU suffered their 1st couple of years playing a P5 schedule.

If any team, with a VERY weak schedule gets consideration. Then I'm all for OU, joining the AAC. Bama can have the WAC and tOSU can have the Mountain West. Beat up midgets and get in. So do not act like playing decent teams every week doesn't count.