• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did UCFs push to claim they belong in the playoff take a hit today?

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad argument here.

UCF schedules at least 2 P5 programs per season.

They are in no obligation to lose money for bad deals, nor should they be mandated to play a school close to them.

Nobody is running away from quality competition. White is running away from bad deals, which hurts the school.

Florida has yet to win a major bowl game this decade. UCF has a Fiesta and a Peach Bowl win.

And why should UCF take that deal, when other programs are willing to do 1 for 1, or agree to a match-up on a neutral site?

Your logic only makes sense, if you live in a world where Florida is somehow morally superior to UCF.

You brought up Boise State here, but the Broncos do not do 2 for 1 deals, as far as I can see. When they challenge big gun schools, it's mostly on neutral sites. And every year, they try to schedule at least two AQ schools.

I don't think White would object to playing at the Citrus Bowl every year with Florida. I further don't think he'll object to doing a single away game with Florida.

And lets face it, even if White took this deal, it's a not a guarantee they would move up past #8 in the subjective ranking, if they beat Florida on the road and went undefeated.

The goalposts always moves. Even when Boise State beat Georgia, the argument was, "Well, they still don't belong because they do not play more Georgia's". When Boise State went undefeated and beat Oregon, they couldn't get ranked past #6.

Very nice sentence structure and paragraph spacing, easy to read, thank you.

UCF can continue what they're doing and never make the playoff, thats fine with me, I dont care. They can also buy trophys, rings, and schedule parades, I mean, why not, championships are all mythical anyway right ?

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice sentence structure and paragraph spacing, easy to read, thank you.

UCF can continue what they're doing and never make the playoff, thats fine with me, I dont care. They can also buy trophys, rings, and schedule parades, I mean, why not, championships are all mythical anyway right ?
Agreed.. For some reason it seems they feel they are more important than they really are. If they are legit and want in.. You have to eat crow and take deals that benefit in the long run. Teams DO offer.. But its not "fair" to UCF?? GTFOH.. You dont get invited to sit with the big boys on YOUR terms..

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year there will be somone upset but a 8 team playoff would solve a lot of this

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except UCF already had the NY6 Bowl upset over Baylor too. They have a case, like it or not.

The fact you must bring up shit from 3 years ago only goes to highlight how much of a case they don't have.

Maybe if they did everything they've done for the past 3 or 4 years in a single regular season, then they would have a case.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you must bring up shit from 3 years ago only goes to highlight how much of a case they don't have.

Maybe if they did everything they've done for the past 3 or 4 years in a single regular season, then they would have a case.
They're like 4 years removed from a completely win-less season and yet, they continue to be a NATIONAL topic of discussion.

They're here.

giphy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're like 4 years removed from a completely win-less season and yet, they continue to be a NATIONAL topic of discussion.

They're here.

giphy.gif

:lol: G5 teams are only used by people who want to expand the playoffs as an excuse. Nobody gives a fuck about UCF and they never will.

Notice how the same people who want G5 teams also often want AQ status for conferences as well? Because that's what they really want. When it comes to the G5 - They will be assed out even with 8 teams.

And I'm sure you'll say "Well they are in the top8 now", but that's not what they want. Again, they want AQ, so you'll be moving teams like Washington ahead. That'll leave 3 at large spots. Who do you think gets in? Notre Dame? Yes, they made it in with only 4 this year. 2 spots left. Georgia? Yep, they'll take an at large bid for sure as well. Leaving 1 at large left. Is that going to UCF? Negative - It'll be Michigan, not UCF playing Alabama in the playoffs.

But hey, if you want to believe the people from the Big10 and Pac12 people are liking to use to say the playoffs are going to expand are thinking about UCF, then more power to you. Reality is, they are only looking out for themselves.

Would have thought people would have learned after Boise St. Guess not.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: G5 teams are only used by people who want to expand the playoffs as an excuse. Nobody gives a fuck about UCF and they never will.

Notice how the same people who want G5 teams also often want AQ status for conferences as well? Because that's what they really want. When it comes to the G5 - They will be assed out even with 8 teams.

And I'm sure you'll say "Well they are in the top8 now", but that's not what they want. Again, they want AQ, so you'll be moving teams like Washington ahead. That'll leave 3 at large spots. Who do you think gets in? Notre Dame? Yes, they made it in with only 4 this year. 2 spots left. Georgia? Yep, they'll take an at large bid for sure as well. Leaving 1 at large left. Is that going to UCF? Negative - It'll be Michigan, not UCF playing Alabama in the playoffs.

But hey, if you want to believe the people from the Big10 and Pac12 people are liking to use to say the playoffs are going to expand are thinking about UCF, then more power to you. Reality is, they are only looking out for themselves.

Would have thought people would have learned after Boise St. Guess not.
1. I am not a proponent of expanding the playoff

2. If the Playoff was expanded to 8 teams, I am not a proponent of auto-bids.

I do; however, think the system cannot automatically dismiss G5 teams. And as it pertains to this thread, hell yes, these Bowl Games are making UCF appear to be much better than the rest of their conference. That said, they should be invited to play elsewhere.

Just my take.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do; however, think the system cannot automatically dismiss G5 teams. And as it pertains to this thread, hell yes, these Bowl Games are making UCF appear to be much better than the rest of their conference. That said, they should be invited to play elsewhere.

Just my take.

G5 teams are not automatically dismissed and they day they are I'll be the first to speak up about it.

Teams with pathetic ass schedules are dismissed, regardless of what conference they come from. Which is why I'm an Alabama fan, and I'm worried about our SoS next year because our OOC best game is Duke. Meanwhile, you're sitting here pimping a team because it beat a non conference champion/non playoff team 3 years ago, and you can't even seem to remotely grasp the double standard you are pushing out as if there is some injustice.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except UCF already had the NY6 Bowl upset over Baylor too. They have a case, like it or not.

Good for them, they beat two ranked P5 teams in a 5 year stretch. We did that too, except we called our stretch November.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my take.

How are they appearing to be much better than the rest of their conference...

Did these games not happen?

UCF 31 Memphis 30
UCF 52 Temple 40
UCF 35 Navy 20

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year there will be somone upset but a 8 team playoff would solve a lot of this

Nope, then they will call for a 12 team playoff. Remember the NCAA BB tournament started at 4 teams, now it's every mother fucker and then some.

and the year before they went winless.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G5 teams are not automatically dismissed and they day they are I'll be the first to speak up about it.

Teams with pathetic ass schedules are dismissed, regardless of what conference they come from. Which is why I'm an Alabama fan, and I'm worried about our SoS next year because our OOC best game is Duke. Meanwhile, you're sitting here pimping a team because it beat a non conference champion/non playoff team 3 years ago, and you can't even seem to remotely grasp the double standard you are pushing out as if there is some injustice.
What's exactly is the double standard I'm pushing? I understand the game UCF is playing, by claiming the Natty, and bitching about the Playoff ... and it's working. Not necessarily working to get them into the playoff, but they're making money and making headlines. I believe UCF will soon outgrow the AAC in every which way and it will only be a matter of time before they're invited to a P5 conference.

How are they appearing to be much better than the rest of their conference...

Did these games not happen?

UCF 31 Memphis 30
UCF 52 Temple 40
UCF 35 Navy 20
All anybody will remember is that they beat LSU in a NY6 Bowl Game. Hasn't happened yet, but the point is, people aren't talking about Memphis on the National scene. UCF has become a thorn in the side of college football.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND also beat Pitt by 5 and UCF beat Pitt by 37. Transitive property doesn't work too well in football which is why "common opponents " is a stupid criteria
Might want to tell that to UCF, because that was their argument as to why they were more deserving than ND.

If that’s their argument then they have to accept it when the shoe is on the other foot.

(FTR I agree the transitive property argument is a bad one)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston didn't want to be there. :dhd:

Funny thing is, there is some truth to that.

How many of their players didn't suit up simply because they didn't want to?

There is the real issue that CFB post season has to resolve.

Not the UCF or eight team playoff.

But a way to make these lesser bowls mean something so that players will stop skipping them because they don't want to be there.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad argument here.

UCF schedules at least 2 P5 programs per season.

They are in no obligation to lose money for bad deals, nor should they be mandated to play a school close to them.

Nobody is running away from quality competition. White is running away from bad deals, which hurts the school.

Florida has yet to win a major bowl game this decade. UCF has a Fiesta and a Peach Bowl win.

And why should UCF take that deal, when other programs are willing to do 1 for 1, or agree to a match-up on a neutral site?

Your logic only makes sense, if you live in a world where Florida is somehow morally superior to UCF.

You brought up Boise State here, but the Broncos do not do 2 for 1 deals, as far as I can see. When they challenge big gun schools, it's mostly on neutral sites. And every year, they try to schedule at least two AQ schools.

I don't think White would object to playing at the Citrus Bowl every year with Florida. I further don't think he'll object to doing a single away game with Florida.

And lets face it, even if White took this deal, it's a not a guarantee they would move up past #8 in the subjective ranking, if they beat Florida on the road and went undefeated.

The goalposts always moves. Even when Boise State beat Georgia, the argument was, "Well, they still don't belong because they do not play more Georgia's". When Boise State went undefeated and beat Oregon, they couldn't get ranked past #6.
We played in the sugar bowl 2xs and split the outcome...we have won 6 of our last 8 bowl games and technically the BCSNCG was played in January of 09 .. so, there are the facts.