• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Tom Brady cost himself first ballot HOF status?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend on the situation. For example Kraft admitted no guilt but gave in based on his belief he couldn't win. Happens all the time in real life.

So what is the reason for Brady excepting the full punishment? Did the NLB refuse to hear the case so he lost by being inable to carry out a full appeal of the situation? That's not an admission of guilt.

Did he come out and quit without fighting beyond the CBA appeal? That would look suspicious to be sure.

It's an open ended question. If it's the former, no I won't buy into him being guilty of the act, if it's the latter I will be highly suspicious he did it and would likely come to that conclusion with enough time and information.

My question was close ended. If he wins at the Fed level what say you? And the reason I ask is the NFL League office, and in particular RG, has had a horrible track record in recent cases. And this one is much stronger than the one the leage and RG have lost recently.
Depends. Guilty or not enough evidence or ruling out some of the evidence. Not going to happen is the correct answer.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Guilty or not enough evidence or ruling out some of the evidence. Not going to happen is the correct answer.

The NFL League Office wants this to stop at their level. Their track record at the Fed level is atrocious under Goodell. And the league is now facing the strongest case against it they have seen to date.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you send you headed to bed for the night.

LIAR!!! and that's equal to cheating, just sayin :nod:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will depend on the situation. For example Kraft admitted no guilt but gave in based on his belief he couldn't win. Happens all the time in real life.

So what is the reason for Brady excepting the full punishment? Did the NLB refuse to hear the case so he lost by being inable to carry out a full appeal of the situation? That's not an admission of guilt.

Did he come out and quit without fighting beyond the CBA appeal? That would look suspicious to be sure.

It's an open ended question. If it's the former, no I won't buy into him being guilty of the act, if it's the latter I will be highly suspicious he did it and would likely come to that conclusion with enough time and information.

My question was close ended. If he wins at the Fed level what say you? And the reason I ask is the NFL League office, and in particular RG, has had a horrible track record in recent cases. And this one is much stronger than the one the leage and RG have lost recently.

Or Kraft may have realized that if he moves forward on appeal, the NFL has the right to free up the evidence that holds his organization and his QB's feet to the respective fire and has them seen in a different light during the appeals process, something that isn't otherwise allowed in the CBA IIRC. There are plenty of scenarios that are possible, but realistically none of them prove anything other then the level of culpability Brady should take on this, starting from some and moving your way upward from there.

His denials, his lies, his defiance, his arrogance all led to the witch-hunt, right or wrong. Had he owned up to it, this would have passed, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist, and the league could have buried it like they do most things that bring negative publicity. But his, and frankly your, mock outrage over doled out punishments because Brady and the Pats once again getting caught doing something shady is remarkable to me.

The Pats Anthem circa SpyGate:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Kraft may have realized that if he moves forward on appeal, the NFL has the right to free up the evidence that holds his organization and his QB's feet to the respective fire and has them seen in a different light during the appeals process, something that isn't otherwise allowed in the CBA IIRC. There are plenty of scenarios that are possible, but realistically none of them prove anything other then the level of culpability Brady should take on this, starting from some and moving your way upward from there.

His denials, his lies, his defiance, his arrogance all led to the witch-hunt, right or wrong. Had he owned up to it, this would have passed, he would have gotten a slap on the wrist, and the league could have buried it like they do most things that bring negative publicity. But his, and frankly your, mock outrage over doled out punishments because Brady and the Pats once again getting caught doing something shady is remarkable to me.

The Pats Anthem circa SpyGate:

Not how it works.

You don't own up to something you haven't done that the other side has no evidence of you doing.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not how it works.

You don't own up to something you haven't done that the other side has no evidence of you doing.

You don't give 4 game suspensions to the shield's golden boy, million dollar fines to your bestie, and take away draft picks based on innuendo either unless you have evidence to the contrary.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't give 4 game suspensions to the shield's golden boy, million dollar fines to your bestie, and take away draft picks based on innuendo either unless you have evidence to the contrary.

So the fact there was a punishment proves there was a violation?

Please tell me you have never sat on a jury, and please tell me you will make sure you never do.

Wholly fu ck.:L

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fact there was a punishment proves there was a violation?

Please tell me you have never sat on a jury, and please tell me you will make sure you never do.

Wholly fu ck.:L

I love the extremes and hyperbole that you like to throw out to distract from the point I was trying to make. I say that RG won't take on the big bad Pats without a bullet or two in the chamber and your response is to make it so that I believe punishment proves violation? Reading comprehension brother, that was not what I was arguing.

Honest question, do you believe that Roger Goodell DID COME after the Pats and throw down the hammer on your organization if he didn't have evidence that could show, at the very least, convincing circumstantial evidence that implicates Brady and possibly others? Given the nightmarish shit storm Goodell has had to navigate through from a legal standpoint, are you seriously blind to the repercussions if he did all this on a baseless case?!?

Here's the thing. You are making this into a court case, something it isn't going to be. RG is the arbitrator in any appeals process, so unless Brady gets on his knees and grovels at the feet of the Fuhr, he isn't likely to get anything reduced.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the extremes and hyperbole that you like to throw out to distract from the point I was trying to make. I say that RG won't take on the big bad Pats without a bullet or two in the chamber and your response is to make it so that I believe punishment proves violation? Reading comprehension brother, that was not what I was arguing.

Honest question, do you believe that Roger Goodell DID COME after the Pats and throw down the hammer on your organization if he didn't have evidence that could show, at the very least, convincing circumstantial evidence that implicates Brady and possibly others? Given the nightmarish shit storm Goodell has had to navigate through from a legal standpoint, are you seriously blind to the repercussions if he did all this on a baseless case?!?

Here's the thing. You are making this into a court case, something it isn't going to be. RG is the arbitrator in any appeals process, so unless Brady gets on his knees and grovels at the feet of the Fuhr, he isn't likely to get anything reduced.

And you actually think they held back their best information?:L

You clearly don't understand the process the NFLPA is using. They will follow the CBA. They have too. It's required before the National Labor Board will accept hearing the case.

You should probably read up a bit more on it. This isn't about getting the suspension reduced during the CBA required appeal. This is about the NFLPA big game hunting.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You clearly don't understand the process the NFLPA is using. They will follow the CBA. They have too. It's required before the National Labor Board will accept hearing the case.

You should probably read up a bit more on it. This isn't about getting the suspension reduced during the CBA required appeal. This is about the NFLPA big game hunting.

Still didn't answer the question I posed to you.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood20k feel free to not be a coward and jump into the actual conversation. :nod:

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you just wrote here, didn't EVEN come close to an answer to the question he posed.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I did. You reading comprehension is lacking.

This is about the NFLPA vs the NFL. Not about Brady and deflated footballs.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you just wrote here, didn't EVEN come close to an answer to the question he posed.

OK for the reading challenged.

NO I DO NOT THINK GOODELL HAS ANOTHER SHOE TO DROP.

lol