• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Tom Brady cost himself first ballot HOF status?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same situation as Barry Bonds. Eventually they will both make it in.
Eventually.

Maybe when they're dead. Which is a shame. Barry is the best player I've ever seen. Tom a lousy liar.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally no evidence linking Brady to any violation of the equipment rules regarding inflation requirements of the footballs.

The Patriots footballs didn't deflate more than the Colts, hence why I know you never actually read the report.
I think he did deflate the footballs, but that's beside the point. What matters is that he is an incredible QB with multiple Super Bowl rings, so yes, he deserves first ballot in spite of the whole DeflateGate.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

So which text concludes that Brady broke a rule regarding the inflation of the footballs?

Common sense, the word of former quarterbacks, the fact that we know he lied during the first press conference and didn't cooperate with the NFL investigation? But you won't even admit that the Patriots' footballs deflated more than the Colts' at half time so there is really no reasoning with you.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he did deflate the footballs, but that's beside the point. What matters is that he is an incredible QB with multiple Super Bowl rings, so yes, he deserves first ballot in spite of the whole DeflateGate.

And for curiosity sake what exactly is it that leads you to believe he had them deflated?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be a 1st round HOFer. I think it might hurt him in the GOAT discussion. Montana has his supporters and he certainly has the record to back it up even before this.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense, the word of former quarterbacks, the fact that we know he lied during the first press conference and didn't cooperate with the NFL investigation? But you won't even admit that the Patriots' footballs deflated more than the Colts' at half time so there is really no reasoning with you.

What does the word of former QBs who happen to not be affiliated with the team have to do with anything?

We know he lied? Huh?

He did cooperate, what he didn't do is turn over private property to his employer. Something the NFLPA is looking for a fight over, and will likely win on.

And you clearly didn't read the report. The Pats dropped precisely what the Ideal Gas Law predicts they would in that enviroment.

Also how do you explain the Colts balls being underinflated when they started over 13. psi? Magic?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a whole thread on it. You should check it out and get updated.:L

There isn't a single thread that gives conclusion Brady did anything regarding the deflation of the footballs in regards to the prescribed limts.

Post the one you claim that does. You won't because it doesn't exist.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a single thread that gives conclusion Brady did anything regarding the deflation of the footballs in regards to the prescribed limts.

How about the one saying he ( equipment dude) would take what he knows to ESPN unless he got some goodies....and what do know...he got them.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the one saying he ( equipment dude) would take what he knows to ESPN unless he got some goodies....and what do know...he got them.

And that equates to Tom Brady deflating footballs?:L

That's it? That's literally all you have?:lol:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Study the rule book." - Tom Brady

If he had never made that smartass remark, none of this ever would have happened. But he did. And he'll have to live with that poor decision the rest of his life.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't read the report either did you?

If you did, did you happen to notice the part where Walt Anderson specifically recalls being told to make sure they are at least 12.5.

If you're going to deflate them to a lower level why would you make sure he knows to keep them legal. Wouldn't you just send them in at 12.5 then say nothing?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's fine. You are so deluded that you won't admit the Patriot footballs deflated more than the Colt footballs at half time. There's really no talking to you if you aren't willing to accept this basic fact. It's like you're saying 2 + 2 isn't equal to 4.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine. You are so deluded that you won't admit the Patriot footballs deflated more than the Colt footballs at half time. There's really no talking to you if you aren't willing to accept this basic fact. It's like you're saying 2 + 2 isn't equal to 4.

And you're believing that they were deflated by .7 more proves you never actually read the report.

Also how do you explain that the Colts balls deflated from 13+ to less than 12.5? Magic?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't read the report either did you?

If you did, did you happen to notice the part where Walt Anderson specifically recalls being told to make sure they are at least 12.5.

If you're going to deflate them to a lower level why would you make sure he knows to keep them legal. Wouldn't you just send them in at 12.5 then say nothing?
Your not responding to my post, your deflecting. Your also hopeless, not sure I've ever witnessed such blind homerism.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not responding to my post, your deflecting. Your also hopeless, not sure I've ever witnessed such blind homerism.

Actually I did. Maybe you should actually read my response which was,

And that equates to Tom Brady deflating footballs?:L

That's it? That's literally all you have?:lol:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's to say that a "system" quarterback would have ever been a first ballot HOFer anyway?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's to say that a "system" quarterback would have ever been a first ballot HOFer anyway?

If a system is that easy to get the success rate at which Brady has had, why can't Flacco do it?:noidea:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I did. Maybe you should actually read my response which was,
Missed that post, but yes it equates to Tom Terrific having the balls deflated. Not sure why you find this hard to grasp. Well actually I do, your homerism no no bounds. I think I'm done batting this around with you, because your hopeless. Talk to again after the appeal maybe. Good luck with the appeal.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed that post, but yes it equates to Tom Terrific having the balls deflated. Not sure why you find this hard to grasp. Well actually I do, your homerism no no bounds. I think I'm done batting this around with you, because your hopeless. Talk to again after the appeal maybe. Good luck with the appeal.

Translation, "I can't find any real evidence that's not based in assumption, so I'm going to proclaim false highground in retreat."

Got it!:thumb:

And the league level appeal is meaningless, it's simply a stepping stone to the Federal level, likely the National Labor Board, where I suspect the NFLPA will decimate the league based on past cases and precedent.