• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Tom Brady cost himself first ballot HOF status?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're believing that they were deflated by .7 more proves you never actually read the report.

Also how do you explain that the Colts balls deflated from 13+ to less than 12.5? Magic?

Nobody is saying that weather doesn't deflate balls. They're just saying it doesn't deflate them as much as happened with the Pats. Here are the numbers. The Pats started at 12.5 and the Colts 13.

screen_shot_2015-05-06_at_1-58-19_pm-e1430940873607.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation, "I can't find any real evidence that's not based in assumption, so I'm going to proclaim false highground in retreat."

Got it!:thumb:

And the league level appeal is meaningless, it's simply a stepping stone to the Federal level, likely the National Labor Board, where I suspect the NFLPA will decimate the league based on past cases and precedent.
:lol: There's not going to any court case my man. Brady knows he's guilty, let me ask you this, if TB accepts his 4 games will you accept that he's guilty? I highly doubt that you will, but I'd like to see how you answer my question.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and the mean avg difference comes out to 1/10's of a difference.

By the way notice the how one officials number is lower for the Pats and higher for the Colts. Odd no?

Also keep in mind no one really knows the actual starting numbers since they were from memory.

Also keep in mind this is an unequal comparison based on sample size. The Colts measurements were quickly cut off once 3 of 4 came under allowable pressure.

The whole thing is a scientific joke that wouldn't meet an 8th grade experiment standard.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: There's not going to any court case my man. Brady knows he's guilty, let me ask you this, if TB accepts his 4 games will you accept that he's guilty? I highly doubt that you will, but I'd like to see how you answer my question.

Brady didn't hire this particular lawyer to give in. He's an NFL killer, and the NFLPA is big game hunting. This is going to the NLB, and not to court like you just wrote. There is a difference.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady didn't hire this particular lawyer to give in. He's an NFL killer, and the NFLPA is big game hunting. This is going to the NLB, and not to court like you just wrote. There is a difference.

The argument is going to be that the leage acted arbitrary and capricious.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he waves the white flag, what say you then?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he waves the white flag, what say you then?

Not going to happen, so the argument is pointless.

The league would need to come up with something more than they have, and the thing is if they had it they would have already used it. The NFLPA case is exceptionally strong and they will take it to the NLB. It's a fight they have been looking for, for awhile, and now they have it.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and the mean avg difference comes out to 1/10's of a difference.

By the way notice the how one officials number is lower for the Pats and higher for the Colts. Odd no?

Also keep in mind no one really knows the actual starting numbers since they were from memory.

Also keep in mind this is an unequal comparison based on sample size. The Colts measurements were quickly cut off once 3 of 4 came under allowable pressure.

The whole thing is a scientific joke that wouldn't meet an 8th grade experiment standard.

The mean average comes close to being even? LOL. I don't even know where to go from here besides saying you're wrong.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mean avg is in the realm of a half pound, as in tenths of a lb.

Both sets of balls fall within the determined window of the Ideal Gas Law.

Combine that with the fact we don't know the actual starting psi for either team. Walt stated all the Pats balls were at least 12.5, and that the Colts balls were at least 13.0.

We're dealing with tenths of a psi and he is going by memory.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you didn't respond to what I pointed out regarding the refs measurements at halftime.

The first ref was low every time, then suddenly high every time. Using the same gauge on both sets of balls. That's a red flag, not necessarily in a conspiracy way, could be in a usage of the gauge or a recording method function. No one really knows, it was never explored.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked first my man, you want a answer, answer me first. No evasions.

It will depend on the situation. For example Kraft admitted no guilt but gave in based on his belief he couldn't win. Happens all the time in real life.

So what is the reason for Brady excepting the full punishment? Did the NLB refuse to hear the case so he lost by being inable to carry out a full appeal of the situation? That's not an admission of guilt.

Did he come out and quit without fighting beyond the CBA appeal? That would look suspicious to be sure.

It's an open ended question. If it's the former, no I won't buy into him being guilty of the act, if it's the latter I will be highly suspicious he did it and would likely come to that conclusion with enough time and information.

My question was close ended. If he wins at the Fed level what say you? And the reason I ask is the NFL League office, and in particular RG, has had a horrible track record in recent cases. And this one is much stronger than the one the leage and RG have lost recently.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Combine that with the fact we don't know the actual starting psi for either team. Walt stated all the Pats balls were at least 12.5, and that the Colts balls were at least 13.0.

The "mean" is simply the result divided by the number of inputs. "The mean" doesn't help your case, and actually hurts it. We don't need to exclude outliers for the Pats to look bad. I think everyone is willing to accept the Colts balls were at least at 13 and the Patriots were at least at 12.5 at the beginning of the game. This is known. The Question is why the Patriots balls deflated so much more.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just re-did the mean avgs

Colts drop about .6 psi

Pats drop about 1.0 psi

a diff. off approx. .4 psi.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "mean" is simply the result divided by the number of inputs. "The mean" doesn't help your case, and actually hurts it. We don't need to exclude outliers for the Pats to look bad. I think everyone is willing to accept the Colts balls were at least at 13 and the Patriots were at least at 12.5 at the beginning of the game. This is known. The Question is why the Patriots balls deflated so much more.

Mean avg doesn't exclude outliers. I don't think you understand a means avg calculation.

When making the calculation you include all the numbers and you don't leave "outliers" out of the equation.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you have to keep in mind that we are dealing with small numbers and this is effected by Walts memory of the Pats having balls between 12.5 and 12.6 a .1 diff.

his memory of the Colts is 13.0 to 13.05 a .05 diff.

When making fine calculations a .05 difference in the sample has an impact on the outcome of the numbers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an utter tragedy.... Brady can throw the rock period, the guy is great ... He should be punished sure, but not kept out of the HOF even for a second... He didn't get caught on roids, or paying off refs, or betting against his team ....Were talking a slightly deflated football.... He was wrong to push the rules, so he should accept the punishment and we can all move on.... He should a just admitted wrong doing and moved on... that's probably the biggest disappointment....

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - taking a little air out of a ball doesn't do much. 2 - He was a first ballot HOF before deflate gate.

you ever thrown an actual NFL ball? taking some air out of helps me grip it better and throw it tighter but average hand size at 6 foot tall.

It will do nothing for his HOF voting, but letting pressure out of the ball, helps a lot for a QB, just like stickem helps WR or DBacks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you ever thrown an actual NFL ball? taking some air out of helps me grip it better and throw it tighter but average hand size at 6 foot tall.

It will do nothing for his HOF voting, but letting pressure out of the ball, helps a lot for a QB, just like stickem helps WR or DBacks.

I think more than anything though it helps the receiver catch or the running back hanging onto it better... As far as throwing it might help with grip a bit sure... But mainly I think it helps the other guy's ...