• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did a trade that goes against the grain

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically I got Carson, McLaurin and a 2nd for Akers.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pass for me on the Carson deal. It's not necessarily a bad trade, just like you said, short shelf life.

Both he and Mostert have the dings and nicks adding up, the years adding up, and Seattle basically allowed him to walk, obviously they welcomed him back, but they were also content with him hitting the road.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pass for me on the Carson deal. It's not necessarily a bad trade, just like you said, short shelf life.

Both he and Mostert have the dings and nicks adding up, the years adding up, and Seattle basically allowed him to walk, obviously they welcomed him back, but they were also content with him hitting the road.
It wasn’t the ideal trade. Still I felt I needed a third RB and only a few teams were in a position to trade a viable RB and not get one back. Carson no doubt will deal with the injury bug at some point in the season, but while healthy he’ll be a worthy of being in the lineup. I could of waited and keep looking for a better offer, but realistically it would of been hard to find one IMO. Think Carson at age 25 still has a couple of seasons in him.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t the ideal trade. Still I felt I needed a third RB and only a few teams were in a position to trade a viable RB and not get one back. Carson no doubt will deal with the injury bug at some point in the season, but while healthy he’ll be a worthy of being in the lineup. I could of waited and keep looking for a better offer, but realistically it would of been hard to find one IMO. Think Carson at age 25 still has a couple of seasons in him.
So basically I got Carson, McLaurin and a 2nd for Akers.

Well, I'll say it's more than I'd have paid for Carson but you still came out in good shape after the deal on Akers. Sometimes you gotta pay up to get what ya wanted all along - so for that - - - :thumb:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple, probably, but he'll be 27 by week 2, not 25 :)

I wasn't trying to say it was a bad deal, short term you're definitely better off