• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did a trade that goes against the grain

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he over paid, and I would've declined. Not because it wasn't good value, but because I'm not a believer in McLaurin or D. Smith :)

But that's me...going by most others, you scored big
TBH I haven't believed in McLaurin, but he's winning me over and he does have a fan club. Smith....well rookie WRs are a gamble, but again in PPR there are those who value them highly.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we agree here, I don't think that highly of McLauren, he's Rob Woods' production at 2x the cost, and I want to see Smith perform at the NFL level before moving an asset like Akers when getting WRs in return.

Don't get me wrong, Harold definitely got decent value back for Akers, but I'd also rather have Akers locked and loaded for a title run vs the potential of that package. I still like this deal if WR was a clear weakness on this team, cause a late 1st/any 2nd round pick in a rookie draft is much more likely to yield decent WRs than it is a decent RB, so you essentially turned Akers into a completely new WR grouping, provided 3/4 pan out.
I'm a Akers fanboy, but he hasn't actually produced yet IMO, though he looked good late last season.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm thinking I should be able to find a flex type of RB from someone for Smith and if the RB is good enough add something to my side to make it happen.
Yep - that's the way I'd approach it. ... someone will pay up for Smith. As for McLaurin - well, you just have to look at who was throwing the ball - yet he still produced.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.
I think you dodged a bullet trading Akers.
My unwritten rule is that if a rookie doesn't make a "head-turning" mark in his rookie season, he won't.
Promising, Akers was a 2nd round pick who played for an innovative young coach.
He missed 5 sporadic games. Only started 5 games; 7 if you include the playoffs.
In 13 games (including playoffs) he only has 846 rushing yards. With only 5 TD.
He's not used much in the passing game (only 17 targets).
IMO these are not "head-turning" accomplishments.

He did finish strong with 489 rushing yards in his last 5 games (including playoffs) (when it barely mattered in a fantasy season).
But he missed a game too (week 16) and the Zona game (week 17) was forgettable.
Then there's this twist... with more touches, his YPC went down in the games he started vs the games he didn't.
Feel better?
IDK about dodging a bullet, but he still needs to produce a season worth of good stats before he can be up there with the known in the bank types of RBs.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team dynasty full PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 flex (RB<WR<TE)

Had someone send me a offer for Cam Akers today.

McLaurin and 2022 2nd I declined

Then he went
McLaurin and 2022 1st I declined

Then he offers

McLaurin and a 2022 1st and a 2022 2nd That offer was getting tempting, but I didn't want to get lean at RB. I own Chubbs, Zeke and Akers and then yucky stuff like Hyde.

So then he offers

McLaurin, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd and Devonta Smith I accepted that. Was just too many assets to turn down, even if it left me lean at RB. Still not to enthused about it, those picks will be late as my trade partner has a killer roster.

Should I have declined?
Harold - I love this deal for you particularly with Devante Smith in the deal. and those draft picks have real value for you next year.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at a team that has Conner, Edmond, Gaskin and James Robinson on his bench. Which one would you want to trade for? I'm thinking Gaskin should be my first target.

Edit: He has Carson in his starting line up, think I'll take a stab at him to start.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered Smith for Carson he countered asking for a first. I countered offering to throw in a second. We'll see if works.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered Smith for Carson he countered asking for a first. I countered offering to throw in a second. We'll see if works.
Sounds reasonable for a Hawk fan. .... for me Gaskin would be next, then Edmonds - both as even up, perhaps a 3rd or later to spice it up. I'd say Robinson after that, but just have no idea how he will be used - his value last yr was tied to volume which we all know is going to dip - just how much is the question. As for Conner - I just don't see him as a fit for ARI - just my opinion.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at a team that has Conner, Edmond, Gaskin and James Robinson on his bench. Which one would you want to trade for? I'm thinking Gaskin should be my first target.

Edit: He has Carson in his starting line up, think I'll take a stab at him to start.
With names like L. Bell, AP, and Gurley still out there, the only dude mentioned I'd trade for at this moment in time, is Carson. Cardinals or Phins decided to sign any one of those 3, and even if they don't come in and outright take the hob, they'd still significantly impact the production. I honestly don't expect the Cards to go that route, but I certainly wouldn't put it past the Phins..and having said that, with what Texas is doing, what NE has done, what Oakland did, what Denver did in the draft..anything is possible.

In short..if the starter isn't firmly entrenched, I'm not spending much, not while there are still multiple big names out there that could affect depth charts in a big way

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds reasonable for a Hawk fan. .... for me Gaskin would be next, then Edmonds - both as even up, perhaps a 3rd or later to spice it up. I'd say Robinson after that, but just have no idea how he will be used - his value last yr was tied to volume which we all know is going to dip - just how much is the question. As for Conner - I just don't see him as a fit for ARI - just my opinion.
Yea I think Gaskin would be next.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK he sent me another offer.

I give: McLaurin and D. Smith

I get: Carson and Mostert

This would leave me thin at WR, but be easier to land WRs with those 2022 picks than RBs. On the other hand Carson and Mostert have a short shelf life IMO, Especially Mostert.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another owner has put Henry on the trade block. Going to see what it would take to land him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would leave me thin at WR, but be easier to land WRs with those 2022 picks than RBs. On the other hand Carson and Mostert have a short shelf life IMO, Especially Mostert.

I don’t feel excited about that offer and agree with the other hand.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think I'd spend that capital on those two. .... the Smith and a 2nd would be my ceiling on Carson. .... Mostert, well, by mid-season you'll be guessing whether or not you can even play him (as long as Shanny is there).. Isn't this the guy who has Gaskin and Edmonds ? if so I'd counter with Smith (no picks) for one of them. ....

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the owner with Henry wants too much, I would take that offer.

Carson is solid and Mostert can produce when healthy.

McLaurin is solid but not reliable week in and week out due to QB situation, and Smith is unknown at this point.

and like you said, easier to replace WR than RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think I'd spend that capital on those two. .... the Smith and a 2nd would be my ceiling on Carson. .... Mostert, well, by mid-season you'll be guessing whether or not you can even play him (as long as Shanny is there).. Isn't this the guy who has Gaskin and Edmonds ? if so I'd counter with Smith (no picks) for one of them. ....
Well I sent Smith and the first I got from the Akers deal. A bit spendy, but I keep Mclaurin. Never heard back on any of my other offers I had out and you know me and Seahawks players....LOL. I did try offering Smith for Gaskin but he turned that down.