• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly man.. you are one of those fans that always has to have something to complain about aren't you?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castellanos should have been taught footwork and how to play the position in the minors.. he wasn't. Simple as that. They are trying to do it while he is in the MLB... He should be working on his pitch recognition...not fucking around spending time doing something that should have been done when he was in A ball.

Its called developing players... It takes time and work.. It doesn't happen in weeks or months.. it takes years.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty.. I take it you believe that you just draft players and they magically become all stars...

The Tigers are fucking Castellanos up... His struggles are not his fault.. they are the tigers minor league development teams fault. DD's fault for pushing him up through the minors to fast... and not getting a stop gap to play third until the kid was actually ready.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castellanos should have been taught footwork and how to play the position in the minors.. he wasn't. Simple as that. They are trying to do it while he is in the MLB... He should be working on his pitch recognition...not fucking around spending time doing something that should have been done when he was in A ball.

Its called developing players... It takes time and work.. It doesn't happen in weeks or months.. it takes years.
He played a couple hundred games at third in the minors.(only position he played in low and high A ball.) And almost 300 now in the majors.

The improvement can still happen, but it will be minimal. It's not mental mistakes that are his issue. It's physical. Poor reactions, less than desirable hands. He's always going to be limited because of it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a couple hundred games at third in the minors.(only position he played in low and high A ball.) And almost 300 now in the majors.

The improvement can still happen, but it will be minimal. It's not mental mistakes that are his issue. It's physical. Poor reactions, less than desirable hands. He's always going to be limited because of it.
Just playing the position doesn't mean he was taught how to play the position correctly. If he is working with people on footwork and improving his range in the offseason last year and this year... it should have been done with him in A ball.. Plain and simple.. the Tigers coaches in the minors are to blame. Its their job to develop kids and help them improve.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty.. I take it you believe that you just draft players and they magically become all stars...

The Tigers are fucking Castellanos up... His struggles are not his fault.. they are the tigers minor league development teams fault. DD's fault for pushing him up through the minors to fast... and not getting a stop gap to play third until the kid was actually ready.
Nope. That's not my outlook.

I'm just honest with myself on young players. There is a limit to what a coach can change with them. (I assumed Nicky was rushed up in order to trade him. Which I supported wholeheartedly.). Upside has to be attainable in order to be real. And Nicks upside isn't as a good defensive player. (Hard to see how it's the Tigers fault. 3rd base is 3rd base. High school, D3, d1, minors, majors, Japan, Korea, wherever. He's just not going to be a strong option in the field. Not the first guy, won't be the last.)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really isn't as bad as you are saying he is. His Dwar was not even close to the worst... Guys like Yasmany Tomas, Matt Carpenter, Pablo Sandoval, David Wright, Yunel Escobar, and Ben Zobrist (believe it or not) all were worst at 3rd base. He isn't good.. But you are acting like he was the reason they ended up in last place last year.. when in reality... His defense had very little to do with it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just honest with myself on young players. There is a limit to what a coach can change with them. (I assumed Nicky was rushed up in order to trade him. Which I supported wholeheartedly.). Upside has to be attainable in order to be real. And Nicks upside isn't as a good defensive player. (Hard to see how it's the Tigers fault. 3rd base is 3rd base. High school, D3, d1, minors, majors, Japan, Korea, wherever. He's just not going to be a strong option in the field. Not the first guy, won't be the last.)
If he was rushed up to be traded.. he would have been traded.. going into the 2014 season he was the number 15 rated prospect in baseball.. and he had a TON of value... Yes... Going into 2014.... he could have been traded.. yet DD didn't.. a guy known for trading prospects. He was NEVER pushed to be traded.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just playing the position doesn't mean he was taught how to play the position correctly. If he is working with people on footwork and improving his range in the offseason last year and this year... it should have been done with him in A ball.. Plain and simple.. the Tigers coaches in the minors are to blame. Its their job to develop kids and help them improve.
You don't think he was coached on footwork in the minor leagues?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK.. You obviously have a VERY odd view point about what minor league coaching is for. You obviously think guys just magically play a position and the coaches that are in the minors such as hitting coaches and fielding coaches are just there to pat them on the back... Its just a coincidence that certain minor leagues pump out prospects on a yearly basis and some can't develop anything..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look.. if you think the tigers minor league coaches and managers are doing a good job at developing the talent they are given... there isn't much I can say to you at this point... Because that is retarded.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really isn't as bad as you are saying he is. His Dwar was not even close to the worst... Guys like Yasmany Tomas, Matt Carpenter, Pablo Sandoval, David Wright, Yunel Escobar, and Ben Zobrist (believe it or not) all were worst at 3rd base. He isn't good.. But you are acting like he was the reason they ended up in last place last year.. when in reality... His defense had very little to do with it.
The reason they ended up in last was shit pitching, Miggy being hurt, VMart sucking balls at cleanup for most of the year, Nicky sucking at third, price/Cespedes/Soria being dealt, Kinsler being terrible till July, Iggy always being hurt, Dave Clark waving his damn arm too much and Ausmus making a number of mistakes. Namely being overly patient. Which I think he realizes.

Definitely not just Nick. He's not even close to the worst thing. But guys getting injured is out of everyone's control, for the most part. I can't be mad at Sanchez for that. Or JV. Or Miggy. Or Nathan. Or even Iggy the hotdog.

I didn't realize all those guys were third baseman tbh.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look.. if you think the tigers minor league coaches and managers are doing a good job at developing the talent they are given... there isn't much I can say to you at this point... Because that is retarded.
Do me a favor.

Don't use that last word anymore. Be a grown up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason they ended up in last was shit pitching, Miggy being hurt, VMart sucking balls at cleanup for most of the year, Nicky sucking at third, price/Cespedes/Soria being dealt, Kinsler being terrible till July, Iggy always being hurt, Dave Clark waving his damn arm too much and Ausmus making a number of mistakes. Namely being overly patient. Which I think he realizes.

Definitely not just Nick. He's not even close to the worst thing. But guys getting injured is out of everyone's control, for the most part. I can't be mad at Sanchez for that. Or JV. Or Miggy. Or Nathan. Or even Iggy the hotdog.

I didn't realize all those guys were third baseman tbh.
Vmart was coming off knee surgery that was done about a month before spring training started... so yeah.. that had a little to do with him " sucking balls at the cleanup".
Iggy "always being hurt'? really? How many games did he miss before they were out of contention? 11 if you were wondering.. Igesias injuries had NOTHING to do with the Tigers struggles. He didn't miss most of his games until Sept.

The Tigers problems were 10% Injuries to Vmart, Sanches, Verlander, Nathan ( yes joe nathan being hurt killed bullpen depth) and Miggy... and 90% shit pitching. If you think in any way shape or form Castellanos having league average defense instead of being slightly below league average... would have won them 10-15 more games... you are nuts.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Ausmus.. Ausmus was good for at least 10% of the Tigers losses.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't realize Yasmany Tomas, Matt Carpenter, Pablo Sandoval, David Wright, Yunel Escobar, and Ben Zobrist played third base? Tomas and Zobrist were not full time there.... but Wright, Sandoval, and Carpenter most certainly have been full time 3rd base for a LONG TIME.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing makes me laugh more than a grown man telling another grown man to act like a grown up.. Seriously.. If words offend you.. You need to grow up. Grow a sack bro.