• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year's bullpen in AAA is going to be interesting... I am betting on Ver Hagen, Farmer, Voelker, Ferrell, and Robertson being the main guys there.. I would love to see Verhagen close with Voelker set up... Voelker is a stud that nobody is talking about... I think Verhagen is a future closer if he can get his walk rate down. He only started throwing out of the bullpen about 7 months ago.. I would assume we see him in Detroit most of next season but start off in AAA unless he just forces his way in.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd started last year in AA and only made one start in AAA before getting called up to the bigs... He was frustrating when he was up because he showed flashes of potential.. but to honest and fair.. you can't judge the kid on his first couple of MLB starts...

This is so true. I'm can be patient to a degree. I've stated all along when talking to Smitty over the summer that my belief was that instructors and pitching coaches either had their heads up their asses for years (we all have witnessed Stl., TB, Oak, Atl develop pitchers on a consistent basis but not in Det ?) or the scouts missed on the vast majority... I'm not buying into the latter but it'posssible.. highly unlikely but possible

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ilitch is clearly getting antsy

If Illitch was getting antsy then Chapman would've been a done deal right along with Greinke, Cespedes or Gordon and another SP not named Pelfrey.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this concerns me if it were to happen and it's Sanchez again

I can live with a start or two. Neither are Smily. I liked him a lot.

Boyd is actually very similiar to Smyly. I doubt he is ever going to be an ace.. but Boyd most certainly could be a decent back of the rotation starter.. His biggest problem last year was leaving pitches over the plate way to much.. which is why he gave up so many HR... lots of young starters do that. Working the corners comes with confidence and time.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Illitch was getting antsy then Chapman would've been a done deal right along with Greinke, Cespedes or Gordon and another SP not named Pelfrey.
Ilitch can't force the Reds to trade him anyone... You are making the assumption that the Reds actually want anyone in the Tigers farm system.. if they don't.. which is completely possible.. they never had a chance.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.. I think both times he was working out when it happened.

pretty damn sure he was playing basketball with his son on this last injury.. I guess that is considered working out

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Martinez is notorious for how hard he pushes himself in training.

not doubting that one bit. He's older and two knee surgeries in 3 years. They don't heal anywhere near as good as when you're in early to mid-twenties....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers actually have drafted a handful of pitchers that are having decent mlb careers.

• andrew miller
  • smyle
  • porcello
  • verlander
  • Burke Badenhop
  • Casey Fien
  • Corey Knebel
those are just a few off the top of my head....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty damn sure he was playing basketball with his son on this last injury.. I guess that is considered working out
The Tigers announced that Victor Martinez tore the medial meniscus in his left knee during his offseason workout program and will undergo surgery next Tuesday. The team did not give a timeline regarding his recovery, stating that they will provide further updates next week after Dr. James Andrews performs the operation.
that is according to mlbtraderumors.com

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Verhagen is a future closer if he can get his walk rate down. He only started throwing out of the bullpen about 7 months ago

I like the little bit of VerHagen that I actually saw on Live tv. They should've made that move immediately with him being Pen material

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers actually have drafted a handful of pitchers that are having decent mlb careers.

• andrew miller
  • smyle
  • porcello
  • verlander
  • Burke Badenhop
  • Casey Fien
  • Corey Knebel
those are just a few off the top of my head....

nice list... but that goes back to JV and 2004 ? that's not good... Look at Stl., Oak., TB, Atl who traded a lot of their farm to get position players

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the little bit of VerHagen that I actually saw on Live tv. They should've made that move immediately with him being Pen material
Tigers drafted him as a starter and Dombrowski was bull headed to transition anyone form that because he thought it hurt their trade value.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot Furbush, Zumaya and kyle ryan,

They gave up too early on Furbush but I liked getting Fister and wasn't sure Furbush would turn out like he did. I would love to have Furbush back.. actually just like saying his name..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice list... but that goes back to JV and 2004 ? that's not good... Look at Stl., Oak., TB, Atl who traded a lot of their farm to get position players
i'm not counting all the guys that DD traded that never panned out for anything... plus there are guys like that thompson kid he traded for Soria.. he is now a top 50 prospect in the mlb.. and looks like a complete stud for the phillies now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up too early on Furbush but I liked getting Fister and wasn't sure Furbush would turn out like he did. I would love to have Furbush back.. actually just like saying his name..
I don't think they gave up to early on him.. I think they just got the chance to trade him for Fister.. and that was that.