• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 he led the entire AL in ERA and was 4th in the Cy voting

yep. and he missed 2-3 weeks near mid-June of that year. it was the start of his current issues is what I'm pointing to. I'm not looking up when exactly his missed starts as I've done it before.

Anibal Sanchez

missed June 16th through July 5th

2014 he had a some issues... but still started 22 games and had a 3.43 era

bingo.. 22 GS.. I get your rebound affect with ERA.. it's good... I'm sticking with 22 GS out of should be minimum 30 GS more like 32 as he was #3 SP..

Anibal Sanchez

he pitched Aug. 8th 2014 next appearance was Sept. 26th for 1 IP in relief. 48 days of no pitching. so I was partially wrong but I had stated he came back in playoff for one appearance. missed 22 days between April 26th and May 18th

Last year was the first real bad year for him

Anibal Sanchez

shut down August 18th 2015... seems like 45 days again

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. and he missed 2-3 weeks near mid-June of that year. it was the start of his current issues is what I'm pointing to. I'm not looking up when exactly his missed starts as I've done it before.

Anibal Sanchez

missed June 16th through July 5th

bingo.. 22 GS.. I get your rebound affect with ERA.. it's good... I'm sticking with 22 GS out of should be minimum 30 GS more like 32 as he was #3 SP..

Anibal Sanchez

he pitched Aug. 8th 2014 next appearance was Sept. 26th for 1 IP in relief. 48 days of no pitching. so I was partially wrong but I had stated he came back in playoff for one appearance. missed 22 days between April 26th and May 18th

Anibal Sanchez

shut down August 18th 2015... seems like 45 days again
Sanchez actually pitched in more games last year than in 2014...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are way over blowing Sanchez injuries.. Seriously.. Do you have any idea how many starters actually start 30 games? About 30... Out of about 210 starting pitchers in MLB. I don't care if Sanchez starts 30 games next year.. If he starts 25 with 15 wins and an era under 3.5... and is healthy at the end of the year for the playoffs... I honestly could give two shits less if he misses a few starts.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez actually pitched in more games last year than in 2014...

and he SUCKED balz................ most HR's given up in his career, I think...

admit it Vice... I was right on all those games missed and I have reason to be concerned... but you don't for some odd reason

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he SUCKED balz................ most HR's given up in his career, I think...

admit it Vice... I was right on all those games missed and I have reason to be concerned... but you don't for some odd reason
There is reason for concern.. I said that many times... I just think you are way over blowing it. You don't have access to medical records... The Tigers front office does. If doctors were saying there is a chance he might have issues going forward.. I doubt Avila would stand pat. Ilitch is clearly getting antsy... and Avila's job isn't going to last if the Tigers struggle.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen.. As long as Sanchez is healthy come September... and he wins his 15+ games... with a decent ERA and innings per start... I don't care if he misses a few weeks.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have injury concerns.. but the fact of the matter is.. going into spring training.. they are going to be much healthier than they were last year. They played fewer innings... Plus multiple guys were coming off surgeries. This year they are not. Vmart and Sanchez health could end up being the difference if they are a world series contender of if they are not.. but Avila is obviously ok with gambling on them being healthy.. he said they were 100% healthy just yesterday. None of us know any better than he does if they actually are healthy. There really isn't a reason to argue about it.. because in the end.. if Sanchez has another monster year.. we all win here.. and he stinks again... we all lose.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MiamiVice

we got so caught up in convo I missed my usual Monday Early Bird Special (Tues thru Thurs hasn't happened yet so there's still hope this week) with all the widows. I usually get 4-5 free meals a month. Those hags are almost as entertaining as you.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MiamiVice

we got so caught up in convo I missed my usual Monday Early Bird Special (Tues thru Thurs hasn't happened yet so there's still hope this week) with all the widows. I usually get 4-5 free meals a month. Those hags are almost as entertaining as you.
LOL.. This put a smile on my face.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not January yet. A Orthopedic Surgeon and V-Mart could have a meeting anytime between now and end of Jan.
I saw a quote from Avila yesterday where he said that Vmart had went on vacation to spain and he was working out at home in orlando.. I cringed.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen.. As long as Sanchez is healthy come September... and he wins his 15+ games... with a decent ERA and innings per start... I don't care if he misses a few weeks.

I'll agree with all this but they're all ifs when it comes to 3 consecutive years (showing a trend in history now) of missed starts..

Mostly I'm concerned with seeing the likes of Lobstein or Farmer or Boyd should Anibal miss a few weeks.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with all this but they're all ifs when it comes to 3 consecutive years (showing a trend in history now) of missed starts..

Mostly I'm concerned with seeing the likes of Lobstein or Farmer or Boyd should Anibal miss a few weeks.

I honestly am not worried at all about seeing Boyd or Lobstein make a start or two.. If they were going to be in the rotation full time.. then yes.. but honestly.. Boyd started last year in AA and only made one start in AAA before getting called up to the bigs... He was frustrating when he was up because he showed flashes of potential.. but to honest and fair.. you can't judge the kid on his first couple of MLB starts... He should be much improved next year and more comfortable when he gets a call. I want to see Farmer get shifted to the pen in AAA and let him work late innings there until the Tigers need him. I don't want to see him start another game for the Tigers.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to let his son have playtime with someone else. That was the excuse last time, right ?
No.. I think both times he was working out when it happened.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Martinez is notorious for how hard he pushes himself in training.