• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soria to sign with the Royals for 3 yrs and 25 mil... Royals made some money with their title run and use it on an area that is already a strength? They are losing 2 starters and might not resign Alex Gordon... but they spend 8mil a yr on Soria... Odd move.

Well, the Royals are looking to replace Greg Holland, I would think. He was a free agent, and will likely miss all of 2016 due to Tommy John surgery anyway. Still, I wouldn't pay Soria that kind of money, especially over 3 years.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much money being thrown around this year... its nuts... baseballs revenues are sky rocketing. They almost equal the NFL.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Royals are looking to replace Greg Holland, I would think. He was a free agent, and will likely miss all of 2016 due to Tommy John surgery anyway. Still, I wouldn't pay Soria that kind of money, especially over 3 years.
My guess is that they know they are going to lose Davis next year in free agency and this will allow them to have another closer in waiting.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Tigers signing of Lowe... barring it not being for a stupid amount. He was projected to get around $4mil a yr on a 2 year deal... so if that is what it is.. he is a nice add. Low cost piece too.. so maybe.. just maybe... the Tigers make a push for Gordon or Cespedes... which has been rumored today. I wouldn't go more than 4 years for either... but I don't think Cespedes market is what it was before the playoffs started. I doubt he is getting $20 mil a yr anywhere now... Either being signed would give me a boner.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers make one more big signing... for their lineup... They really could be set to have a serious bounce back year.... without really killing themselves for future moves. 2016 free agency is going to be a stinker... with no big names.. and no real difference makers. Might as well push the chips on the table this year... sit 2016 out.. hope that the farm system can help where needed. A little money comes off the books in 2017... and a huge amount comes off in 2018.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red's are on full on sell mode. They are going to gut their entire team and start over. Votto, Phillips, and Frazier are going to get traded in the next 12 months.. watch. Feel bad for the fans there. They are going full Tampa Bay Rays now.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Tigers signing of Lowe... barring it not being for a stupid amount. He was projected to get around $4mil a yr on a 2 year deal... so if that is what it is.. he is a nice add. Low cost piece too.. so maybe.. just maybe... the Tigers make a push for Gordon or Cespedes... which has been rumored today.

I'd prefer Gordon. Cespedes has the cannon arm, but Gordon is a better all-around defender. And the Tigers could use another LH bat in what is still a bit of an RH-dominated lineup. Frees up Tyler Collins as a throw-in for a trade, too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Gordon. Cespedes has the cannon arm, but Gordon is a better all-around defender. And the Tigers could use another LH bat in what is still a bit of an RH-dominated lineup.
I feel the same way... Plus he doesn't want nor will he get a 6 year deal.. which is what Cespedes is looking for. I have a feeling Cespedes will drop off after getting a big pay day.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see what the Tigers could get by trading a few of their #5/AAA starters for outfielder help though... A package of Farmer/Moya/Rondon would have to yield something decent... and trading those guys wouldn't hurt Detroit at all.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Bruce will probably be traded by the Reds... I doubt it would take more than Moya and Farmer to land him. Heck... Could probably get it done with Collins and Rondon.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Bruce will probably be traded by the Reds... I doubt it would take more than Moya and Farmer to land him. Heck... Could probably get it done with Collins and Rondon.

no thank you. I'd rather see a possible split of Collins Moya before that.

I'd take Frazier over Nicky C tho. then Frazier would probably start to slide downward.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Bruce hits HR.. that is about it. I think Collins can hold down the position. Moya is much better defensively than Collins is though. I can see very clearly what Avila's strategy is for the big league club... but his plan for the minors is still not very clear. Position player wise.. the AAA squad is still gross. Outside of Moya/Collins in the outfield Machado at SS, and Marte at 3rd.. the Tigers don't have anyone in AAA that is even remotely a possibility for big league production next year and there isn't much in AA either. From a position player stand point... the Tiger's minor system is gross. They need to get some high end prospects in there fast. Next year they need to be looking at international free agents hard to get some decent position prospects because god damn.. their upper minors are filled with shitty talent and the guys in the lower minors like Hill, Stewart, and Gerber are years away.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Lowe just signed for 2 yrs and 13 mil... that is disgusting.... Tigers WAAAAY overpaid.... Jesus Christ these contracts are getting out of hand. Seriously. 6.5 mil for this guy? I was good with 4 mil... but 6.5 mil? Tony Sipp wanted 3yrs 15 mil... we get this guy for 13 mil and 2 yrs? Seriously? That is damn near closer money. Market for pitching is just bananas this year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers are eerily quiet this offseason... They are totally laying in the weeds next to the Yankees waiting to make a huge move.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year they need to be looking at international free agents hard to get some decent position prospects because god damn.. their upper minors are filled with shitty talent and the guys in the lower minors like Hill, Stewart, and Gerber are years away.

you have lots of passion, Vice... 2 words told the whole story :nod:

btw, I'm worse than that

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Lowe just signed for 2 yrs and 13 mil... that is disgusting.... Tigers WAAAAY overpaid.... Jesus Christ these contracts are getting out of hand. Seriously. 6.5 mil for this guy? I was good with 4 mil... but 6.5 mil? Tony Sipp wanted 3yrs 15 mil... we get this guy for 13 mil and 2 yrs? Seriously? That is damn near closer money. Market for pitching is just bananas this year.

why I stated did Avila even try to trade for Chapman. Don't try to convince me that we didn't have the chips for him. Cincy is desperate for pitching. If they trade Bruce and Frazier also they'll need more help than they can imagine. Cueto, Leake, Latos all gone in the last year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one kid I did want last year was Devil Rays RP Jake McGee. Boxberger would have been a good fit too. I think Smitty said he was under control for a few years. Smitty wasn't on board with my McGee love all that much either.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why I stated did Avila even try to trade for Chapman. Don't try to convince me that we didn't have the chips for him. Cincy is desperate for pitching. If they trade Bruce and Frazier also they'll need more help than they can imagine. Cueto, Leake, Latos all gone in the last year.
Got to wait and see what the Dodgers gave up.. but if its what people are saying... They gave up 2 top 100 prospects.. One pitcher, one hitter. Tigers couldn't compete with that package.