• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have been knocking the ball around the last few days.....everyone seems to be in on it.....Miggy really nailed one vs the Mets......Don Kelly has had a real good spring....has he done enough to start in LF?....Alverz had a good outing, except Lamont left him in way too long....I don't see any reason to keep Coke.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best to you Jalopy!!

Is this true on Iffy? Could not come here. He drove me crazier than Swarm and TP rants.

Yup yup

You didnt hear the loud music and partying coming from in here over on the lions board? Dont kno what the final straw was but we partied like it was 1999....spread the word.....tiger fans can now come back..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He got the final boot earlier in the offseason. Not sure what was the final straw, but there must have been one. Hopefully other Tig fans make their way back. We're going to have plenty to chat about this year. Speaking of which..... What's this stuff I heard today about Ricky P for Nick Franklin!?! Im fine with Franklin, but not for KidRick. Starting pitching doesn't seem to have a surplus with this organization right now.

Thats crazy...i heard they were interested in franklin but i didnt hear ricky was involved.....we dont have the depth for that....especially with sanchez and his shoulder...

Heard owings would cost alot and if he wins the dbacks job we could ask about gregorious...

Id like drew myself...just dont want to give the draft pick up....plus i heard hes willing to sit out til july if he doesnt get paid what he wants...

Interesting thought...jimmy rollins is upset with the phillies....wonder if there was a way....i know....im dreaming..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all have big heads, you can probably throw trustme in with that crew as well.

I guess im one of the few that actually doesnt mind trustme.....i think he gets a bad rap for being negative on the lions board....but when the team constantly loses, its not hard to be negative....never heard him say anything bad about the tigs.....i guess only time i ever had issues was with the msu/um arguments.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im one of the few that actually doesnt mind trustme.....i think he gets a bad rap for being negative on the lions board....but when the team constantly loses, its not hard to be negative....never heard him say anything bad about the tigs.....i guess only time i ever had issues was with the msu/um arguments.

I think trustme is a good poster....He doesn't sugarcoat anything. Just because it's negative he reminds me of myself....And I'm a guy thinks I'm always right, so when I agree with his posts it makes me think he knows what he's talking about.

Half the guys over there think the Lions are a 16-0 or 14-2 team......I just can't swallow that knowing what the Lions actually have on Defense.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trustme is a good poster....He doesn't sugarcoat anything. Just because it's negative he reminds me of myself....And I'm a guy thinks I'm always right, so when I agree with his posts it makes me think he knows what he's talking about.

Half the guys over there think the Lions are a 16-0 or 14-2 team......I just can't swallow that knowing what the Lions actually have on Defense.

Isn't trustme the old lionshetsucks from cbs?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i enjoy all the tigers posters... regardless of UM/MSU affiliation.. only guy I can't stand is a royals fan... Even iffy had some moments where he posted intelligently. I love me some doug... that dude has made me actually LOL many times. I think Tigers fans are for the most part pretty intelligent people but tend to have short memories and quick triggers... I always say... I thank god Dave Dombrowski is running the team and not the average tigers fan... That being said... all the old cbs guys are pretty good guys that have a ton of good view points on the team.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Cleaves at? I put my bracket money on Sparty.......I actually think they are the best team this year.......With all the injuries, Appling, Payne, Dawson.......This team is healthy and ready to crush this field.....No Homerism here.......My final 4 picks are MSU....Florida, Arizona, Louisville.....Sparty takes it all this year.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i enjoy all the tigers posters... regardless of UM/MSU affiliation.. only guy I can't stand is a royals fan... Even iffy had some moments where he posted intelligently. I love me some doug... that dude has made me actually LOL many times. I think Tigers fans are for the most part pretty intelligent people but tend to have short memories and quick triggers... I always say... I thank god Dave Dombrowski is running the team and not the average tigers fan... That being said... all the old cbs guys are pretty good guys that have a ton of good view points on the team.

Iffy only had moments trying to bait people.....Sure he knew baseball, but he was a closet D-back fan, since there were no D-back fans that went on CBS, he came over to the Tigers boards to talk baseball then it leaked out.....He was a shit bird and just needs to find a site where D-back fans hang out and talk.....He could never find that, so he came to Tigers boards and General boards looking for conflict, sometimes stalking.....He didn't troll.....He took it to whole another level by stalking.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Cleaves at? I put my bracket money on Sparty.......I actually think they are the best team this year.......With all the injuries, Appling, Payne, Dawson.......This team is healthy and ready to crush this field.....No Homerism here.......My final 4 picks are MSU....Florida, Arizona, Louisville.....Sparty takes it all this year.
Sparty is playing so good on defense that I can't see them being in a close game until the round of eight. I'm not sold on Florida but I haven't seen them play a lot in the last month. I have Creighton and Duke also in the Final Four.

Michigan is very, very good but they are just too inconsistent. I can see them going home early.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers scouting cubs schierholtz and barney..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They got a chance....they are talented, but one bad game and your done....but i believe the seed they got is better than witchita st's number 1 seed....iowas st is the team that scares me....i dont like to pick them because i feel like i will jinx them....but its hard not to think they can make the final 4, then anything goes.....if you told me a month back delaware, harvard, UVA, nova, and iowa st were the teams in our way....i wouldve took it in a heartbeat....nothing against those schools but usually we have duke louisville kansas or someone tough in our bracket....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparty is playing so good on defense that I can't see them being in a close game until the round of eight. I'm not sold on Florida but I haven't seen them play a lot in the last month. I have Creighton and Duke also in the Final Four.

Michigan is very, very good but they are just too inconsistent. I can see them going home early.

If the refs let them play like they have last night and tonight, sparty will be fine...but if they call a tight game, sparty could get into trouble.....a cincy sparty matchup will be a backyard football brawl if the refs let them play...which i hope they do..

Michigan got a tough bracket like sparty did last year....spartys 4 seed is a better spot then michigans 2 in my eyes....duke michigan will be a great game....2 teams i dislike but think are pretty good...plus i hate jabari for dissin sparty lol...texas could be a tough match up for UM....they got that big guy that came out the gates on us....just gotta wear him down.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like iggy most likely will miss the whole season....maybe back for the playoffs....but seems if that happens, he may be a lil rusty.....so i believe hes done for the year.....

Bo jackson was at the sox camp and said the one guy that stood out was avisail garcia....i guess hes gotten even bigger....hope trading him inside our division doesnt kill us in the long run.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like iggy most likely will miss the whole season....maybe back for the playoffs....but seems if that happens, he may be a lil rusty.....so i believe hes done for the year.....
Yeah, Tigers are going to have to make a move. A possibility is that the Tigers sign Drew after the season starts. Drew doesn't want to go through the qualifying offer BS again next season and the only way the Tigers can promise to not use the tactic is if Drew doesn't play the entire season for them. Given the DD/Boras relationship, I would guess the Tigers will shell out around $11MM for Drew and lose a draft pick. Sucks but they are in a tough situation.

Anybody hear any news on Fister's injured shoulder? I want that trade to work out in the Tiger's favor but not that way.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt hear fister injured his shoulder. Thats not good.

I will be pissed if the tigers trade porcello for franklin, are they just giving away starters now?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats crazy...i heard they were interested in franklin but i didnt hear ricky was involved.....we dont have the depth for that....especially with sanchez and his shoulder...

Heard owings would cost alot and if he wins the dbacks job we could ask about gregorious...

Id like drew myself...just dont want to give the draft pick up....plus i heard hes willing to sit out til july if he doesnt get paid what he wants...

Interesting thought...jimmy rollins is upset with the phillies....wonder if there was a way....i know....im dreaming..

I heard Rollins mentioned too. If Philly just wants to save money and take a mid-level prospect Id be fine with that. I don't want to see the future mortgaged. Giving up Rick or that first rounder both could do that, IMO. But Drew a nice ball player. Avisail Garcia had to go, I won't second guess that move in the slightest. Can't keep a guy like that around. Especially with the way Miggy handled it.