• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take that back, duh had a brain fart..I forgot miggy went back to first since fielder was traded, sorry.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this board. I know there have been times when some, if not most, of you wished I would just go away. It appears as if that is going to be the case. I have actually learned a lot about myself from message boards, not all of it good. Thank you for the entertainment and the information that has been shared. I wish each of you well.

I will try to tune in from time to time if I am fortunate enough to be able to and it is possible, although unlikely, that I can make some contributions in the future.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this board. I know there have been times when some, if not most, of you wished I would just go away. It appears as if that is going to be the case. I have actually learned a lot about myself from message boards, not all of it good. Thank you for the entertainment and the information that has been shared. I wish each of you well.

I will try to tune in from time to time if I am fortunate enough to be able to and it is possible, although unlikely, that I can make some contributions in the future.

Even tho we butt heads i dont want you to leave....you make good points....sure we disagree....we just need to stop the mud slinging within ourselves since we are all here for one thing...a tigers world series...

Outside of every once and awhile you talking down on people, i have no issues with you....you are far from being an iffy....he was just creepy in a stalkerish way...he started arguments just to have them...we argue over a difference of opinions....big difference.....

We need your west coast bias lol...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV to be opening day starter.....JV vs shields......gonna be a good one.....need to win the first one and set the tone for the season....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even tho we butt heads i dont want you to leave....you make good points....sure we disagree....we just need to stop the mud slinging within ourselves since we are all here for one thing...a tigers world series...

Outside of every once and awhile you talking down on people, i have no issues with you....you are far from being an iffy....he was just creepy in a stalkerish way...he started arguments just to have them...we argue over a difference of opinions....big difference.....

We need your west coast bias lol...

Thanks, Cleaves. I'm not leaving by choice. I got diagnosed with colon cancer in September, 2011. The subsequent treatments left me with a lot of "couch time". I was always somewhat active on the CBS Michigan boards but I started posting more soon after. Now it is time for me to concentrate on other things.

I think the Tigers need to make a move at SS. They would sign Drew tomorrow for his asking price if they didn't have to forfeit a 1st round pick. They are talking to the Red Sox about doing a sign and trade. The Red Sox would sign Drew and send him to the Tigers for a 2nd or 3rd round pick and perhaps a lower level prospect.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish you well jalopy! Hope you come thru everything better than before and we can keep talking Tigers for years here in the post-iffy era.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 stolen bases in the spring coming into today. 36 last year. Even with the loss of Iggy, this team is going to be a lot of fun to watch. (Stress fractures in BOTH shins? How does that happen?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Cleaves. I'm not leaving by choice. I got diagnosed with colon cancer in September, 2011. The subsequent treatments left me with a lot of "couch time". I was always somewhat active on the CBS Michigan boards but I started posting more soon after. Now it is time for me to concentrate on other things.

I think the Tigers need to make a move at SS. They would sign Drew tomorrow for his asking price if they didn't have to forfeit a 1st round pick. They are talking to the Red Sox about doing a sign and trade. The Red Sox would sign Drew and send him to the Tigers for a 2nd or 3rd round pick and perhaps a lower level prospect.

Man i wish you well....hate to hear that kind of news...good luck and keep us informed how youre doing..

That would be nice if they could get that trade done...i know alot of people dont care for drew but i was a fan of his when he was in arizona...dont know how much he has left but its better than perez or worth i would think...if we get him cheap i say HELL YES

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers interested in dbacks chris owings...

Sanchez scratched because of stiffness in the same shoulder he had problems with last year....we dont have much depth at SP.....hope its nothing...

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best to you, Jalopy.......Tigers don't need to panic about SS.....Defence is the big deal here.....
SSM Grayhounds 7 London Knights 5....last games of season

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish you well jalopy! Hope you come thru everything better than before and we can keep talking Tigers for years here in the post-iffy era.

Best to you Jalopy!!

Is this true on Iffy? Could not come here. He drove me crazier than Swarm and TP rants.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He got the final boot earlier in the offseason. Not sure what was the final straw, but there must have been one. Hopefully other Tig fans make their way back. We're going to have plenty to chat about this year. Speaking of which..... What's this stuff I heard today about Ricky P for Nick Franklin!?! Im fine with Franklin, but not for KidRick. Starting pitching doesn't seem to have a surplus with this organization right now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He got the final boot earlier in the offseason. Not sure what was the final straw, but there must have been one. Hopefully other Tig fans make their way back. We're going to have plenty to chat about this year. Speaking of which..... What's this stuff I heard today about Ricky P for Nick Franklin!?! Im fine with Franklin, but not for KidRick. Starting pitching doesn't seem to have a surplus with this organization right now.

Nick Franklin is not that great... I am happy with the Tigers standing pat for a while at SS.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Franklin is not that great... I am happy with the Tigers standing pat for a while at SS.

He's no game changer. Before they got Cano the talk was that he'd only play second on account of his range. Now he's competing for short, since they havent moved him, yet. Personally, Danny Worth doesn't seem like that much of a step back.(Don't think he's on the 40man though) I like Perez just fine but more abs in the minors won't hurt anything. Can't say as I have any opinion on Suarez either way.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best to you Jalopy!!

Is this true on Iffy? Could not come here. He drove me crazier than Swarm and TP rants.

They all have big heads, you can probably throw trustme in with that crew as well.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no game changer. Before they got Cano the talk was that he'd only play second on account of his range. Now he's competing for short, since they havent moved him, yet. Personally, Danny Worth doesn't seem like that much of a step back.(Don't think he's on the 40man though) I like Perez just fine but more abs in the minors won't hurt anything. Can't say as I have any opinion on Suarez either way.

So wheres ackley? Outfield?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best to you Jalopy!!

I used to think you guys were crazy for giving guys like Iffy, Trustme, and Vice a hard time. I thought everyone was even crazier for giving me a hard time when my attitude came on strong. The thing that turned me around was the consistency of the board that my attitude wasn't welcome regardless of how much/little I knew about baseball. After some self-examination I took the advice of others and played within the rules. I still have opinions that differ from many, I just decided I needed a better way to present those ideas.

I would also like to thank everyone for the positive thoughts on my condition. These are tough times for me and my family.

Jalopy