• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser has to use an "iffy" avatar for a month.

These are high stakes man. But it's a deal! Is this for runs scored at home? Or overall? (I think the Dodgers will put up some serious runs too laker.)

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are high stakes man. But it's a deal! Is this for runs scored at home? Or overall? (I think the Dodgers will put up some serious runs too laker.)

I think the most neutral way to decide the best offense is runs scored on the road. It takes away the advantage the Rangers have playing in that Crakerjack ballpark. AL only teams need apply.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad, bad news. Iggy out until after the All-Star break. That is 1/4 of the offense gone. Ouch.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he could miss the season....guess that article had the jump on the story talking about how bad his shin splints were....guess were gonna see alot of perez? Worth?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was one of the best pitchers in baseball last year...

And fielder was one of the best 1b in baseball.....so one great year makes him worth his contract? Like i said, most players dont earn what they make.....just funny how last year you talked how great fielder was.....now hes washed up cuz hes no longer a tiger...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most neutral way to decide the best offense is runs scored on the road. It takes away the advantage the Rangers have playing in that Crakerjack ballpark. AL only teams need apply.

But thats why i believe fielder will have a huge year....playing in texas....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we're going Top Three AL offense on the road, I win. Not Top Three AL Offense away from Arlington, you win? I think that's neutral too. Playing at Oakland and Seattle 8-9 times a piece might bring it down, buy the mighty Astros will host the Rangers enough to cancel it out.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fielder was one of the best 1b in baseball.....so one great year makes him worth his contract? Like i said, most players dont earn what they make.....just funny how last year you talked how great fielder was.....now hes washed up cuz hes no longer a tiger...

Was never much of a Fielder fan... Actually.. He was a butt of jokes with me more often than not. I tolerated him but never said he was great. I may have defended his aging against people that said he would age poorly... but I never said he was great... That being said... I better eat some crow... Iggy is going to be out much longer than I expected... Which sucks for the pitchers.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Kinsler has an all star year this year.... Fielder... now has to be compared to Miggy at first... think about that for a second.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But thats why i believe fielder will have a huge year....playing in texas....
Cleaves, it is like we are in parallel conversations. I know we are talking about the same subject matter but I just fall to see the context of your opinions.
You quote a comment that refers to measuring team offenses in a stadium neutral manner and somehow you infer that as an endorsement of Prince.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year when on paper the Jays and Angles were shoe ins for the post season.....the game is played on the field....Iggy is going to be missed on the field.....too much money for Drew.....Smitty can't get used to that avatar....

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends, the Iggy news just keep getting worse. Reports now have it likely that he will miss the entire season. I remember when I had shin splints it took a year off from running before they healed.

Rumors have DD taking to Boras client Stephen Drew about a 1-year contract. This will be Illitch call as it will blow up the financial plan for a year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, it is like we are in parallel conversations. I know we are talking about the same subject matter but I just fall to see the context of your opinions.
You quote a comment that refers to measuring team offenses in a stadium neutral manner and somehow you infer that as an endorsement of Prince.

I was using what you said about playing in texas..to back up my claim about fielder having a better year than kinsler as me and raburn were debating.....i think fielder hitting in that warm weather and that jet stream out to right center in texas will see him have a pretty damn good year stat wise..

So the context of my opinion is prince will have a huge year hitting in texas....a better year than kinsler hitting in detroit......as raburn said kinsler will have a better year....im just hoping kinsler can stay healthy....especially with iggy gone.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet anyone here Prince Fielder hits below .270... He may hit 30+ hr.. but he is not going to hit for average nor will he be anywhere close to be worth 20 mil. The guy hit .300+ once... it was a fluke. He isn't going to get magically better in Texas... the only thing he may do better is hit a few more HR... but out side of that... Kinsler will have a better season. The lineup around him in Texas is nowhere near what surrounded him last year in Detroit... and you can only blame so much on his personal problems with his wife. Guy was slowly getting worse all year last year...

Thats why i quoted your post about fielder hitting in texas....and i said thats why i think fielder will have a big year....

Really not hard to follow since i wasnt even in the whole home/road splits....

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Kinsler has an all star year this year.... Fielder... now has to be compared to Miggy at first... think about that for a second.

Sorry I gotta pick on you again. I highly doubt kinsler will be the all star second basemen with the likes of pedroia and cano in the american league, and miggy is playing third this year so evan longoria and adrian beltre should be concerned, not prince fielder. I think prince will probably be starting at first in the ASG.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad, bad news. Iggy out until after the All-Star break. That is 1/4 of the offense gone. Ouch.

You mean defense? Iggy isnt especially known for putting fear into opposing pitchers. Still, this injury is much more devastating than the dirks one.