• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krol came back over the weekend. He sucked against Tampa, then pitched an inning against LA with a strikeout.

Jackson's having a nice night tonight. Need to get a couple more runs here before Duffy leaves. I like KCs pen a lot more than ours. Nicky C, taking one for the team. Drive him in boys! (Shit, Duffys done.)

Jackson 3-3 then that chance at 4-4 and some ribbies....3 pitches bakkerds K. He has done a decent job hitting leadoff lately though

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure Iggy gets his spot back. He might be demoted to Romine's role next year. Suarez can do more than hit singles and isn't a huge step down in the field. Iggy can play third, so I know my Kelly days are numbered with those two in the infield.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Joba. Not sure that was interference but he called it quick so I will take it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy dogballs...Nathan makes it Jones Grande style.

Not a lot of offense but some damn good pitching and defense.

Still a W

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones Grande..... Hahaha. Old Joe made it interesting. Nice to win these kinds of games. 5 hits - 2 runs.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guess my jinx didnt help the bats tonight. But the pitching came thru. Nathan scares us again. Just looks uncomfortable.

As far as coke. Hell no i dont trust him. Sure hes been good. But this is what he does. Plays nice for a little stretch so he can suck for a few yrs and stay on the team. Once he cools down it will be another 2 yrs before he has another good stretch. But at least hes cut down on his spitting. I swear one night he would spit 25 times between each pitch.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have been lucky enough to have Anibal facing Duffy I know twice already. Duffy has gave up like 3 ER in 3 starts against Tigers.

Anibal five straight 1 run games against Royals. Impressive stat against any team.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva inning boys on defense.

I am eating crow for picking on Saurez after 3 early errors. Kids has got some fricking leather.

LOL.... at least you admit you judged a 22 yr old wrong after only seeing him play for 2 weeks at the time.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue with suarez, at least in Erie (AA) was the occasional routine play and the routine throw. Great arm, above average ( not great) range. I think he has a better bat than Iggy and is more healthier. Can never have too many big league SS. Now the Tigers actually 3 deep at the middle IF. Kinsler, Perez and Travis at 2B and Suarez, Iggy and Betancourt (west Mi).

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suarez having a good season gives the Tigers all kinds of flexibility this coming offseason.

Iggy by no means is sure to return without after effects. I have never heard of shin splints costing a player a whole season! If he can't get healthy problems solved.

If the Tigers decide to trade Kinsler they have Iggy and Suarez and Kinlser will not have a higher trade value than this offseason. Money saved for a Tori Hunter or Victor Martinez replacement.

Middle infield is a wasteland with very few guys available that can start and make a difference. Detroit went from having a huge hole to being pretty well off.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
River is vice? Ah, makes sense why so many ppl dont care for his posts. This is the same guy that said fisters low ERA when trading for him wasnt that good then turned around and said that the bullpen would be better than last years even though all of those guys career ERAS minus nathans were about two points higher than fisters. Kind of makes you lose credibility, then finding out you are vice, that doesnt help. You are a nice guy, just cant admit when you are wrong (which is often when it comes to tigers because you are a slight homer).

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
River. I know you are all things expert when it comes to minor leaguers such as budding superstars putkonen and reed because you spend so much more time researching them...but heres a tip, remember you are watching them play against scrubs for the most parts. The best players happen to *gasp* play in the big leagues. Imagine that. Keep that in mind before you wow us with your amazing insight, thanks buddy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have issues admitting when wrong Vice. Try it sometime, feels awesome to be humble:suds:

Well said. Im going to be wrong on hosmer probably AGAIN this year for the fourth year in a row and I whiffed a year on beckham before realizing his skills didnt translate. Of course you and I dont have the same opportunities afforded to us to become experts in all things prospect related as some posters but thats no excuse. I was right about boesch though. Yay.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just one question before the lineup......why would you rest Suarez with only two games to go before the All Star break he is only 22 years old? Romine doesn't need the work he can't hit now and he never will....
Jackson Kinsler Cabrera JD Martinez Hunter Nick C Avila Romine Davis....and Ricky on the hill

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just one question before the lineup......why would you rest Suarez with only two games to go before the All Star break he is only 22 years old? Romine doesn't need the work he can't hit now and he never will....
Jackson Kinsler Cabrera JD Martinez Hunter Nick C Avila Romine Davis....and Ricky on the hill
my guess it isn't about the rest as much as giving him a day off against James Shields, a tough righty. suarez was probably getting one of the 4 days off this weekend. This is probably the best day to take off.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who needs the Tiger game when you got the Canadian Football League on....lol

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tiger game is on here now
FOX blackout window does not apply north of the border. That is covered by Rogers and they do not have blackouts. Of course the downside is you have the CFL and the old "2 and out".

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game didn't come on right at 7......CFL has it's moments....