• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, yes .6 is big differene.. I was confused because his career era and this seasons were almost exact when I posted and wasnt sure why you were even debating it when his season era was so similar to his career ERA. Not sure what its at now. But we shouodnt be expecting JV to duplicate his MVP season or Max his cy young season. Sanchez may be doing well currently but at the end of the year ai think he will finish third out of the big three. This happens every year. In april everyone was talking about how amazing max is, now hes struggling and here come the complaints. Same can be said for JV, porcello, vmart, miggy, etc. it gets old quick. Just like last year, JV will be fine. The rotation should not be anyones concern. The pen should be though.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, yes .6 is big difference.. I was confused because his career era and this seasons were almost exact when I posted and wasnt sure why you were even debating it when his season era was so similar to his career ERA. Not sure what its at now.

JV in a recent interview is again talking about mechanics, saying he's not repeating his delivery very well. The positive news is (1) It's Verlander, and he usually bounces back, and (2) there is nothing physically wrong with him.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also said the prince deal was a huge mistake. Ya win some ya lose some, most of us werent expecting too much out of nick.

Yup i said that and thanks to an injury i was wrong. It wasnt so much the trade that bothered me. It was not getting a number 5 hitter. Look back on the thread before the season started i said the BP is garbage and i didnt like the 5-9 hitters. Kinsler hunter miggy vmart is a great top 4. But we need some kind of bat in the 5 hole. Ajax started out well but has cooled. Seems like every yr ajax starts out good. Tigers do good then when he struggles we struggle. Just wish we wouldve found a way to get cruz.

My whole prince argument is for the fans that love to hate him but yet they loved him when we first got him. I believe u were one of the few gvsu who didnt want prince. But my point is fielder struggled in the post season. What was it 10 games this year? Its baseball. All about timing. But yet JV can have 2-3 weeks of bad starts and people brush it off. But yet hes making alot of money like prince. Ive said it before. I wont talk shit about a player just because hes no longer a tiger. Other reasons? Yes. Like raturd or coke.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny i seen a few articles saying why don kelly should get more playing time over the golden child at 3B

More? What do they want, Nicky C to get better by watching? DK plays when it makes sense for him to play. (Against righties). The team isn't better when he's in there, it's just not much worse. People worry just to worry on this board like crazy.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would people still be arguing about Prince Fielder? Nick has to play to learn the kids only been around the major leagues for about 40 games. the Tigers have hit a bump in a hundred sixty-two game schedule and they are still in first place by a good margin. the sky is not falling Chicken Little......

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I'm with you Smitty on the Iffy thing.....lol
Won some good vcash on the Tigers last nite....
anyone see Nathan ignore Nick last night on the field after the game? Walked right by him, no slap....Nick showed a little class by reaching back in tapping him on the shoulder any way...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More? What do they want, Nicky C to get better by watching? DK plays when it makes sense for him to play. (Against righties). The team isn't better when he's in there, it's just not much worse. People worry just to worry on this board like crazy.

How am i worrying to worry? I was stating what i have read the past few days. Writers writing articles on why don kelly should play more at 3B. Look on over at mlive, i believe one was on there by a detroit writer. Geez dont get all upset over me not having much faith in nicky c. Ive seen prospects come up for the past 30 yrs who were the next 'great hitter' from our minors. ....barbaro garbey chris pittaro torey luvello milt cuyler eric munson cameron maybin scott sizemore .....hell even a few yrs ago having to listen to tiger posters on cbs tell us how good strieby was or cale iorg. .....ive said it over and over i dont care for prospects. Thats why im always for giving prospects away for proven talent.

Now when it comes to pitching, i have more faith in our prospects. Just seems like most of the top hitting prospects dont pan out much. Lately players come out of nowhere to be stars or from other countries via FA.

Sorry i upset u so much. Just tired of seeing the prince crap over and over but yet no tiger outside of coke can be questioned. Just wondering when nicky c takes the diapers off and we can complain about him. Hope we dont give him as much time as KC did with their top prospect moustakis.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would people still be arguing about Prince Fielder? Nick has to play to learn the kids only been around the major leagues for about 40 games. the Tigers have hit a bump in a hundred sixty-two game schedule and they are still in first place by a good margin. the sky is not falling Chicken Little......

You tell me....everytime im turning around a detroit fan is complaining about prince. Just makes tiger fans look like yankee fans. I blame the WHOLE team for losing last yr. ill say it again. If the pen doesnt blow game 2 tigers beat boston and win the WS. with or without prince hitting. The starters were locked in.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday night in Seattle: Kinsler Hunter Cabrera Martinez Jackson Avila Nick C Romine Davis and JV on the hill.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently SportsHoopla has a message for me......It seems they want me to turn off my adblocker......Sorry SportsHoopla, that ain't going to happen.....Surfing the internet and being forced to see ads makes the whole process not worth doing.

I'll just keep hitting my button that says OK and continue on my merry way.....I'm not here to buy shit!:laugh3:

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Most of these so called Tiger fans weren't around until most 2006 was over".......sounds like something Iffy would say.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am i worrying to worry? I was stating what i have read the past few days. Writers writing articles on why don kelly should play more at 3B. Look on over at mlive, i believe one was on there by a detroit writer. Geez dont get all upset over me not having much faith in nicky c. Ive seen prospects come up for the past 30 yrs who were the next 'great hitter' from our minors. ....barbaro garbey chris pittaro torey luvello milt cuyler eric munson cameron maybin scott sizemore .....hell even a few yrs ago having to listen to tiger posters on cbs tell us how good strieby was or cale iorg. .....ive said it over and over i dont care for prospects. Thats why im always for giving prospects away for proven talent.

Now when it comes to pitching, i have more faith in our prospects. Just seems like most of the top hitting prospects dont pan out much. Lately players come out of nowhere to be stars or from other countries via FA.

Sorry i upset u so much. Just tired of seeing the prince crap over and over but yet no tiger outside of coke can be questioned. Just wondering when nicky c takes the diapers off and we can complain about him. Hope we dont give him as much time as KC did with their top prospect moustakis.

Do you really think Im gonna read all that? If a writer wants DK to play more, Im not reading what that guy writes anymore. It's simple. Because that's just stupid. (Seriously, Kelly playing more is not a key to winning. Ask Brad Ausmus if you don't believe me. Hell, ask Don Kelly, he'll tell ya.)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy hits a Bomb and no one responds?

I'll do it Miggy!!!!!

KA-BOOM!!!!! BABY!!!!!