• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to a old timer in line at the grocery store with a Tigers cap on down here in TN. He mentioned the last 10 or so games and said "You ain't going to win without pitching, Pitching is what wins" Ofcourse most fans know that but he wasn't happy with the streak were on.

Yeah but their offense has been sucking too...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick of fans babying nicky c. Like hes too young for blame cuz hes young.

It's not that Nick doesn't deserve criticism or is too young to be called out for the misplay. But let the media and us fans do that -- it should not come from a veteran like Nathan. Both batters scorched the ball off Nathan, and he should man up and just say he didn't get the job done, rather than throwing a rookie under the bus.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD Martinez with the bases-loaded 6-4-3 in the 1st. Nice rally-killer there.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but with 2 out and a man on 2nd, he wouldnt had to challenge donaldson, who i think is the A's best hitter.

Im sick of fans babying nicky c. Like hes too young for blame cuz hes young. Fuk that. Hes in the majors. Hes doing what i said hed do....hit around 230 with limited power and avg defense. This team needs a number 5 hitter who can hit...nicky c is still a season or 2 away from that. And ajax isnt the answer.

Nathan still had a base open if he didn't want to challenge Donaldson. Not the best idea but Nathan still served up a go far ball! The Tigers paid his ass a boatload of cash to close out games. Being a closer means you take on the pressure of pitching in the ninth. If it was easy any reliever could do it.

Castellanos will be fine he is playing the hot corner and like a DB in football you will get beat once in awhile. You take responsibility and look forward to the next grounder. I did like the fact he did say he should have had it. I see no benefit of Nathan kicking him under the bus. IMO it was a low class move that has the potential of creating problems.

I wonder in Miggy bobbled a ball if Nathan would make a comment?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bases juiced on both side and the Pitchers both get out of jams......Chavez and Porcello won't last long if this keeps up.....

Looks like a Bullpen game, and that could spell trouble.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ricky.....play the video muzz...

Only cause you asked, but I got a bad feeling about this game.....Ricky doesn't walk batters and today guys are casually walking around the bases.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Miggy going from 1st to home plate was refreshing instead of having Geno stop him at 3rd.......What happened to Kelly in the 1st inning not able to go from 2nd to home on a single......It wasn't sharply hit...... I wasn't happy about the circumstance.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not on Romine, That's on Miggy.