• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that satisfied with this win.. Nathan looks bad..

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting with the A's on the road is acceptable, doing it the way the Tigers did not so much......We have a few glaring holes and Oakland exposed them, good teams do that. Hopefully DD watched that series closely......Ofcourse we need help before the trade deadline, but where do we start?

When's Hanarran ok to go to figure out if he was worth it? (In my book he was but that was before the injury) and ofcourse anyone would be better then Coke, so maybe Hannaran was just something to grasp at.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that Nick doesn't deserve criticism or is too young to be called out for the misplay. But let the media and us fans do that -- it should not come from a veteran like Nathan. Both batters scorched the ball off Nathan, and he should man up and just say he didn't get the job done, rather than throwing a rookie under the bus.

Oh i agree. I was talking about fans always sticking up for nick. I agree about nathan throwing him under the bus.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan still had a base open if he didn't want to challenge Donaldson. Not the best idea but Nathan still served up a go far ball! The Tigers paid his ass a boatload of cash to close out games. Being a closer means you take on the pressure of pitching in the ninth. If it was easy any reliever could do it.

Castellanos will be fine he is playing the hot corner and like a DB in football you will get beat once in awhile. You take responsibility and look forward to the next grounder. I did like the fact he did say he should have had it. I see no benefit of Nathan kicking him under the bus. IMO it was a low class move that has the potential of creating problems.

I wonder in Miggy bobbled a ball if Nathan would make a comment?

See fans not seeing anything wrong with nick. Last yr if that had been miggy fans would of been saying miggy is too fat for 3B.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill take a split in oak. Now we need 2 of 3 in seattle before we get the hot crushing jays. Nathan needs to step it up. I still actually have faith in him. If he blows a few more, were in trouble. Closers been getting rocked all yr it seems.

Also its hard to pitch around donaldson with first and third. You dont want to walk the winning run into scoring position, then lose on a bloop single.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear JD can play catcher. Now that's our answer on where to play this slug.:agree:

Wish he could. Would be nice platoon option. But i think hes too tall to catch. He just doesnt look like he can catch. Unless i missed sumthin but i never heard that

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish he could. Would be nice platoon option. But i think hes too tall to catch.

He's about the same height as Salvador Perez, and Sal does just fine.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting with the A's on the road is acceptable, doing it the way the Tigers did not so much......We have a few glaring holes and Oakland exposed them, good teams do that. Hopefully DD watched that series closely......Ofcourse we need help before the trade deadline, but where do we start?

When's Hanarran ok to go to figure out if he was worth it? (In my book he was but that was before the injury) and ofcourse anyone would be better then Coke, so maybe Hannaran was just something to grasp at.

Yeah, feels like we should have won Game 3, but got away with a win in Game 4. When your pitchers give up 9 hits, 9 walks and an HBP, giving up only 4 runs is a blessing. Boatload of LOBs for the A's. The Tigers had their share, too.

Then there's the "Joe-ller Coaster". Don't even get me started.

The last I heard on Hanrahan was he's rehabbing at Lakeland, and they're thinking early July now, rather than mid-June.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See fans not seeing anything wrong with nick. Last yr if that had been miggy fans would of been saying miggy is too fat for 3B.

Miggy isn't a rookie. He also has very limited range and is not a 3B anymore.

I think some fans expect all rookies to walk on the field and be Mike Trout. For a rookie playing the hot corer he is fine and will get better. And I think most fans would agree the infield is a helleva lot better with castellanos at 3B and Miggy at 1st with Kinsler at 2B than it was last year with Miggy out of position and Jabba the Hut at 1B.

The problem is SS and Detroit's lack of organizational depth outside of pitching.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie rookie rookie. Just excuses to me. Im not saying he has to hit a ton but that play was not that tough. All i was saying is last yr everytime miggy did any lil thing at 3B, people had something to say about him not being able to play 3rd.

Just look at the jabba the hutt reference towards prince. Yup, was all princes fault last yr. guy played every game. Was one of a few players to hit 25 HR's and have 100 RBI's but yet some tiger fans act like 10 yr olds. I understand hes not a tiger anymore but why so much hatred for prince? Was he the only one not to hit in the playoffs? Was it him who got rocked by SF in game 1 of the WS? Was it him who gave up a grand slam to ortiz. But yet classy tiger fans take every available shot at prince and blame him for everything. Most of these so called tiger fans werent around until 2006 was almost over.

Also wasnt a nick c fan before and im still not sold. Wouldve rather kept garcia for LF. but i understand. Hes our best hitting prospect in awhile and fans are in love with him. Joe crede at best.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny i seen a few articles saying why don kelly should get more playing time over the golden child at 3B

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually is a big difference.. And I already pointed out other factors to why he is having a bad year and a cause for concern..

No .6 is not a big difference when it comes to era.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I think Oakland is the best team in MLB. They play the game with ruthlessness, kinda like Tampa did years ago....They put there players in positions to win with a lot smaller budget. With that being said The Tigers can go a long way to proving me wrong by taking the next few games on the road.

If you want to be the best, then beat the best.

I would go with the dodgers, braves, cardinals, and giants over any american league team myself.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick C with the crucial error.. And the goddamn As win the game..

Nicky has not impressed me too much hitherto. I get that hes young but his obp is extremely low and his defense is not very good.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but with 2 out and a man on 2nd, he wouldnt had to challenge donaldson, who i think is the A's best hitter.

Im sick of fans babying nicky c. Like hes too young for blame cuz hes young. Fuk that. Hes in the majors. Hes doing what i said hed do....hit around 230 with limited power and avg defense. This team needs a number 5 hitter who can hit...nicky c is still a season or 2 away from that. And ajax isnt the answer.

You also said the prince deal was a huge mistake. Ya win some ya lose some, most of us werent expecting too much out of nick.