• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raidas

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story about Derek Wolfe over these last 4 weeks. There is a reason the team feels comfortable with the idea of playing Wolfe for even more than half the game. He has kept himself in ridiculous shape. Heck even game shape from the sound of it. Our DL coach decided to test him out on their first practice of the week and put him through the ringer and they could not get him to wear down.

Wolfe says he credits all of this because he would work out twice a day plus then on actual game days when the team would play his training group would actually put him through a simulated game. He had some ex-NFL players come in and help him out acting like real OL players and they had a shot clock to simulate the time in between plays, half times, all those things to make it as much like a real game as possible. Some of the guys who helped him out to simulate this are Chris Kuper and I can't remember his first name but the old DL of ours Bannan. Anyway all this to say he has shown up in great shape ready to go and actually be a huge contributor.
Man I'm really pumped up with Wolfe coming back especially after the posts regarding how much he's been working hard, etc. He can be a real factor added to an already formidable D that will make game planning for this unit even tougher than it already is. Kick some butt Derek! Bring it on and let's throw even more fear into the league!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of town so I'm sorry if I get to topics and observations already posted.

JDR - what kind of factor will he be? He fell pretty far in my esteem last year. From what I've read and heard the Bronco defense is going to be very jacked up to give the old coach a show.

I do believe the Raiders are a much better team than last year. i also believe that the Broncos will win this game - going away.

I expect - more Hillman and more pistol formations - I'm also bullish on Owen Daniels for some TDs.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of town so I'm sorry if I get to topics and observations already posted.

JDR - what kind of factor will he be? He fell pretty far in my esteem last year. From what I've read and heard the Bronco defense is going to be very jacked up to give the old coach a show.

I do believe the Raiders are a much better team than last year. i also believe that the Broncos will win this game - going away.

I expect - more Hillman and more pistol formations - I'm also bullish on Owen Daniels for some TDs.

So I shouldn't be afeared - like you promised last week?!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I shouldn't be afeared - like you promised last week?!

Let's face it George - you will be afeared - based almost solely on whatever group of omens and portents you read into the application of your game day superstitions.

You posted the grit thread - and that was exactly what I was saying about this team.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a baseball player, what can I say?

(Although I'm not familiar with my superstitions!)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Springy - when you and I were growing up there were radio stations called Superstations because their signal was so amplified you could hear it across large parts of the country. You are to game day Superstitions - as Superstations were to regular radio - and most of the time it makes you pessimistic - which - if I am doing the math correctly - your superstitions routinely mislead you.

I will prevail on this argument because this is the 1/2 of 1/10 of a percent of all known things where I feel righteously superior to you.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7 said:
Here is that article I read earlier on Kubiak and the difference of this team this year. Very good read if you have time

Gary Kubiak has Denver Broncos gritting their way to perfection - NFL.com

Great read. Thanks, CD.

This season definitely has a different feel than the last couple. It's playing out like many of us imagined - tough, gritty wins where the defense is what is carrying the team so far, and the offense is struggling a bit but showing week to week improvement. Things just need to continue along the path that we have mentally envisioned for this team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will John Elway - get Brock Osweiler to launch one down field rainbow like to bounce off JDR's head during pregame drills - and then feign it was just a ball that got away?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to be totally relaxed at halftime and not have to walk outside and do my superstitious " cross fingers on both hands and look to the West with eyes closed" routine in this one. Done it too many times so far. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite thing to do before a big Bronco game is to make fun of DC and send an insult or two to LGM.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to be totally relaxed at halftime and not have to walk outside and do my superstitious " cross fingers on both hands and look to the West with eyes closed" routine in this one. Done it too many times so far. :)

My Orange Crush (soda) t-shirt is 4-0 so far this season. I'm gonna stick with that. :suds: :llama:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Mingo, time to pick on these other superstitious guys!!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite thing to do before a big Bronco game is to make fun of DC and send an insult or two to LGM.

Do you have to call me at 4:00 AM though? Just text them to me... jeez.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off.......eff the Raiders as always. Sucks Sambrailo is out. Starting to like some of the things I'm seeing from him.

I'm a little nervous about this one. I hope the O gets their act in gear early in this one because I have a feeling Carr may sling the ball around a little on us. I actually think the Raiders have their guy at QB after a decade + of looking and have some weapons on offense. I'm not overly worried and think the defense will hold their own, as they have every game this year, but I sure wouldn't mind the offense putting up 35 points today.

Need to come out early and punch them in the mouth.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to call me at 4:00 AM though? Just text them to me... jeez.

Because it is always an adventure to hear your answer to - "What are you doing - are you alone - can you talk?"

Reactions: LGM