• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raidas

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raida week!

Raidas look a little improved over last year, not that it took much to do so. This is the kind of game it would be nice to get the early led, pin our ears back and create turnovers on D to put them away early.

But Ill be happy with a 2-0 win if that is what it takes. :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is going to be a lot tougher than we all thought it would be prior to the start of the season. Since it's on the road, I would give the Raiders a chance. They have some legitimate studs on Defense and Carr is off to a very good start. Amari Cooper is also looking like the real deal. The Broncos are by far the toughest opponent that they've faced, so I do think we'll bring them back down to earth. A chance for the Broncos to extend their NFL record for away divisional wins is upon us next Sunday. Go Broncos!

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to figure that Del Rio has had this one circled on the schedule since the schedule came out. Not that circling a game on the schedule has ever produced a win.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree Raiders could very well give Denver a good fight at home. You have to figure Denvers D also wants to show Rio how bad he mishandled the talent he had around him and give him a nice dose of " See what you could of had idiot". I`am sure there will be some blood spilled in this one at least early on.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree Raiders could very well give Denver a good fight at home. You have to figure Denvers D also wants to show Rio how bad he mishandled the talent he had around him and give him a nice dose of " See what you could of had idiot". I`am sure there will be some blood spilled in this one at least early on.

That's the spirit!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely love for this defense to go out and sack Carr to the tune of 5+ sacks just to show Del Rio what a true attacking defense looks like. They were commenting on the radio today that Del Rio never would have had the guts to call the Safety blitz on the final drive as he would have just played not to give up the touchdown and would have let the Vikings drive down the field kicking the field goal sending the game into overtime.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely love for this defense to go out and sack Carr to the tune of 5+ sacks just to show Del Rio what a true attacking defense looks like. They were commenting on the radio today that Del Rio never would have had the guts to call the Safety blitz on the final drive as he would have just played not to give up the touchdown and would have let the Vikings drive down the field kicking the field goal sending the game into overtime.
Agree 100%!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this might be my best stat that I have written this entire season.

15% of all offensive snaps by the Broncos opponent have gone for negative yards this year. That is just plain ridiculous.

Maybe this one beats it though. Since Pat Bowlen took over the Broncos we now have the most Regular season wins of any team in the league. We have 305 wins right now being 1 better than San Francisco at #2. We are 6 games ahead of the Patriots.

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This plus force 4 turnovers. The lack of aggression last year led to few turnovers. Any time the enemy put the ball on the ground the Broncos defense seldom recovered. That lack of aggression cost them because they weren't mentally prepared to recover those fumbles. This defense believes it is going to create a play, and when they do they are in position to exploit it. That's the difference in mindset.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This plus force 4 turnovers. The lack of aggression last year led to few turnovers. Any time the enemy put the ball on the ground the Broncos defense seldom recovered. That lack of aggression cost them because they weren't mentally prepared to recover those fumbles. This defense believes it is going to create a play, and when they do they are in position to exploit it. That's the difference in mindset.

I would say the other part of that is guys are flying to the ball. I have loved the gang tackling that I am seeing. Rarely was one guy just tackling Peterson on Sunday. They knew that they can't just depend on that one guy against somebody like him so nobody gave up on the play. Throw in then when you have guys flying around like that the chances of recovery when there is a fumble are very good. Just look at the fumble against the Vikings in we had like 3 guys around the ball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some stats on the Raiders...Right now Raiders have the 4th worst defense in the NFL on 3rd down. They are giving up a ridiculous 46% right now where before this last game I think the Broncos were at 16-18% on 3rd down. They always say that is the money play in football and right now the Raiders just can't get off the field.

Oakland right now is 15th in total offense and tied with the Broncos for 11th in points per game.

Defensively though they are terrible. Right now they are 31st in yards per game and 26th in points per game. Passing defense is where they are struggling the most. They are giving up over 300 yards a game and a QB Rating of 96.5. So if Manning has a game where he can get things right this is the one.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. How many times in last few yrs have you watched a team fumble or a guy get hit behind line of scrimmage and there's no Broncos in the picture to recover or help out the first guy who made contact? Good teams good coaching lead to swarming aggressive D's. This team has the talent, the motivation and thank god the coaches that instill that attitude in the players. It is a beautiful thing to watch for sure.:)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some stats on the Raiders...Right now Raiders have the 4th worst defense in the NFL on 3rd down. They are giving up a ridiculous 46% right now where before this last game I think the Broncos were at 16-18% on 3rd down. They always say that is the money play in football and right now the Raiders just can't get off the field.

Oakland right now is 15th in total offense and tied with the Broncos for 11th in points per game.

Defensively though they are terrible. Right now they are 31st in yards per game and 26th in points per game. Passing defense is where they are struggling the most. They are giving up over 300 yards a game and a QB Rating of 96.5. So if Manning has a game where he can get things right this is the one.
I think we should get at least a 80+ qbr from Manning and 150 plus rush yrs from Denver in this one. To go along with a highly motivated in your face Rio D !

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we are coached by old Broncos men, too. These guys understand how important it is to beat the Raiders. Are they a down franchise? Yes, absolutely. And what do you do to your rival when he's down? You fucking kick him as hard as you can! Kubiak, Dennison and Phillips understand this rivalry.

Let's go back to 2010 (shudder) and the Broncos losing a close one to the Jets, 24-20. Josh McD was furious. The following week he was nonchalant after a 59-14 home loss to the Raiders. Talk about not knowing the fans and how important beating the Raiders is us. Kubiak won't make that mistake.

Broncos punch the Raiders in their face!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I think now is the perfect moment to say it is entirely idiotic when Raiders fans and bloggers are talking about the team and refer to it as "The Silver and Black." (IE: "The Silver and Black lost as usual this week.") Utter nonsense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I think now is the perfect moment to say it is entirely idiotic when Raiders fans and bloggers are talking about the team and refer to it as "The Silver and Black." (IE: "The Silver and Black lost as usual this week.") Utter nonsense.

They are a fanbase that lives in the past. Not much to cheer for here in the last 10 years so they have to try and keep some of that old history as it reminds them that there was a time that they were a decent franchise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat in Derek Carr so far has only been pressured on 13.4% of his drop backs. This is 2nd best in the NFL. I would bet that this changes this week. The Vikings went from 7th in sacks on the season to 28th after playing the Broncos.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat in Derek Carr so far has only been pressured on 13.4% of his drop backs. This is 2nd best in the NFL. I would bet that this changes this week. The Vikings went from 7th in sacks on the season to 28th after playing the Broncos.

Wow. Both of those are pretty good stats to know. I have to say, I was highly impressed with Teddy Bridgewater on Sunday. Give that kid some credit: despite the Broncos pass rush in his face the entire game he was unflappable. Never lost composure, hung in and made some plays. The Vikings have something special in him.

With that said, the Raiders have played the Bengals, Ravens, Browns and Bears. The first three are decent defenses, but they caught the Ravens at the right time, adjusting to the second of two consecutive road games across the country and without Suggs. The haven't faced a defense that pressures relentlessly the way the Broncos do. This game is going to be good. These teams match up well with each other, but I trust our low-ranked offense much better than their low ranked defense. And our defense vs their O? I think it's going to be hard for them to keep the ball moving enough to stay with the Broncos.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately since I didn't get NFL ticket this yr and living in No. Cali, I get Raiders and SF shoved up my arse every wknd. One thing I have noticed about the Raider O line is they've given Carr some very decent time in the pocket. I think if Denver gets a good push up the middle, Carr will have rough day. If not, Carr has really shown some pretty admirable poise and accuracy in a clean pocket where he can step up and deliver. I expect however that that will not be the case Sunday. They haven't really faced a D like Denver's. They did score 37 vs Ravens and although Ravens are not the same team on D of late,their still no slouch either. This game has potential to be close if Denver gives Carr to much time but I believe Denver is going to be really up for this game with the Rio factor added into the rivalry and Denver should dominate early and take the wind out of their sails.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is going to be jacked for this game. I imagine a lot of, if not all of our defensive players were disappointed and pissed off that they were not put in the best position a lot of times by Del Rio and his style of defense. I can see guys carrying a grudge about this and wanting to show Del Rio what they are capable of, and how he misused their talents when he was here. I know they have to be happier about the style of defense they are playing now. It's almost like they were handcuffed before, and now they are free. I really hope they humiliate the Raiders offense from start to finish. It's hard to imagine them playing better than they already have, but if there is a game for them to be motivated even more than usual, this is it.

I'm personally holding a grudge against Del Rio (and I'm a USC fan) for holding back our defense, so I'm looking for the new Orange Crush to destroy Oakland.

Offensively, I think we will take another small step forward as we have been doing from week to week. Steady progress is all we need. This week the passing attack will open up a little against the 31st ranked pass defense. Our TEs should be able to do some damage against this defense, and Kubiak will have a plan to do just that.

Crossing my fingers for the O-line to stay healthy.