• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarco Murray to sign with Eagles

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you make some good points. I'm not clear about your "saved money" claim, however. Don't the Eagles take a big cap hit in the Bradford for Foles trade?

Yeah depending on what the Murray contract looks like, the Eagles spent a TON more money this offseason over if they would have just stood pat (not saying they should have stood pat....just that this offseason they have spent quite a bit).

And is Bradford-Murray-Matthews really that much better than Foles-McCoy-Sproles? And despite all this flurry of activity, they still have that pesky task of finding a WR to replace Maclin to do yet.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah depending on what the Murray contract looks like, the Eagles spent a TON of money this offseason over if they would have just stood pat.

And is Bradford-Murray-Matthews really that much better than Foles-McCoy-Sproles? And despite all this flurry of activity, they still have that pesky task of finding a WR to replace Maclin to do yet.

Hmm. I figured that singing Murray, if that happens, would preclude signing Mathews. Hard to keep up with Chip!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. I figured that singing Murray, if that happens, would preclude signing Mathews. Hard to keep up with Chip!

Matthews is already a done deal I believe. Maybe I am wrong about that.

Murray alone makes a lot of sense. Murray + Matthews makes no sense to me.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip didn't like Shady, it is now clear. Not really about the money.

Is this contract a mistake? I suspect yes. But it's fun to stick it to Dallas. Their best back is now Joseph Randle, a shoplifter of underwear who reportedly threatens his baby momma with violence.

In other words, look for Dallas to address this position in the draft. That may turn out to be a very wise move for them, but it creates a question mark for a veteran team that is shooting for a win in the next three years and had a run-based offense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matthews reportedly never signed on the dotted line, and both sides are now waffling. Situation described as "fluid" by reporters. Look for him in Oakland now.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Mathews is out if they sign Murray

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Again.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Far as I can tell Mathews has not yet signed. I agree that Murray and Sproles makes better sense than Murray and Mathews.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of these moves they have made will be the type to make them look like heroes or complete idiots. If Bradford and Murray can both stay healthy for the year (Very very unlikely) then yes this off season could be considered a huge success. We shall see. Sometimes bringing in a bunch of big name people doesn't always work. Seems like the Eagles tried this once and a coach got fired. Are we seeing history repeat itself?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip didn't like Shady, it is now clear. Not really about the money.

Which is crazy to me. He seemed like the perfect back in that system to me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big loss for Dallas. Murray was Dallas #1 offensive player. He helped the passing game open up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is crazy to me. He seemed like the perfect back in that system to me.
Well if you look at it now they still have a top RB and a starting LB. I rather have those 2 then just McCoy.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you look at it now they still have a top RB and a starting LB. I rather have those 2 then just McCoy.

Murray had a great season last year.....but I am not ready to call him a top RB yet until he puts up another full season somewhat like that one personally.

That said...if the Matthews deal is off the table, Chip did alright for himself so far. More of a lateral move than upgrades across the board but still OK. At least it wasn't a huge step backwards like it looked like it was possibly going to be originally.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of these moves they have made will be the type to make them look like heroes or complete idiots. If Bradford and Murray can both stay healthy for the year (Very very unlikely) then yes this off season could be considered a huge success. We shall see. Sometimes bringing in a bunch of big name people doesn't always work. Seems like the Eagles tried this once and a coach got fired. Are we seeing history repeat itself?

Possible. However it all turns out, Chip can honestly sing "I did it my way".

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy was not the perfect back for the zone blocking scheme of the Eagles, because he was slow to hit holes, did way too much dancing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible. However it all turns out, Chip can honestly sing "I did it my way".

Which hey as a coach that is the way I would want to do it. If I get fired at least let it be because I didn't do it right not because some GM/Owner or whoever told me I had to do things this way then make it work. So can't fault him for that. I just think with the NFL this many changes to a team only happens when a team is in rebuild mode not compete for a championship mode. That leads me to believe that this next season will be one that is a bit up and down for them.

At the same time looking at the division even with all of these moves I can't really say there is one of the teams better than them right now. Pretty much all of the NFC East teams will depend on how the QB position plays out.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is a good RB and a Good locker room guy. The eagles are making a move on a player that they think will be better than the one they traded to Buffalo. Opinions will vary on the extent of the truth in that thinking. The analytics say that Murray is set for a big reduction in his on field production. only time will tell if this was good or bad for both the Cowboys and the Eagles. I think that the Cowboys were prepared to let him walk unless he signed at the number they were willing to pay all along. I liked Murray and wish him well except for when he Plays the Cowboys.