• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saquon Barkley to the Eagles

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By .2 yards per carry overall. And yes I'll say teams keeping a spy on Hurts helps the others in yards per carry?
Yes. That’s an appreciable difference over the course of a season. RBs had fewer carries for the Eagles but rushed for more yards. The Eagles have been very poor at getting backs involved as receivers in the pass game. In my opinion, the lack of a focus on hitting check downs and taking what the defense gives them is an issue in Hurts development. Hopefully, that’s another aspect that Barkley adds to the offense. The Eagles screen game has also been poor which is unacceptable considering philosophically they draft and develop athletic lineman like Kelce Lane Johnson and Mailota.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That’s an appreciable difference over the course of a season. RBs had fewer carries for the Eagles but rushed for more yards. The Eagles have been very poor at getting backs involved as receivers in the pass game. In my opinion, the lack of a focus on hitting check downs and taking what the defense gives them is an issue in Hurts development. Hopefully, that’s another aspect that Barkley adds to the offense. The Eagles screen game has also been poor which is unacceptable considering philosophically they draft and develop athletic lineman like Kelce Lane Johnson and Mailota.
It seems as you're dancing around the point.
Point is Hurts will take carries from Barkley.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems as you're dancing around the point.
Point is Hurts will take carries from Barkley.
It’s not about carries. It’s about touches. Barkley is not likely to lose touches to Hurts. He is likely to lose touches though because his team isn’t dog shit anymore. He is actually surrounded by weapons in AJ, Smith, and Goedert. He will likely lose TDs though because of Hurts effectiveness as a runner inside the 5 yard line.

Hurts is not “taking away carries from Barkley”. You’re bringing an old school dated understanding of football to this discussion.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Tap dancing. You're a professional at it.
This is my fault for trying to discuss sports with a guy who can’t. Have a great day. The QB is gonna steal carries from the RB because you said so.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a QB runs as much as Hurts it takes carries from the RB's.
It isn't complicated.
It actually is more complicated than that haha. Much much much more complicated than that. But you’re a simple man so you need to oversimplify the world in order to understand it. This plays out on the other boards where you post as well. Ignorance is bliss so you must be the happiest bastard in the world.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts really doesn't run that much, other than the Tush Push. He does take away goal line carries, and short yardage carries, but not much else.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Philadelphia Eagles RB's ran the ball 349 times for 1532 yards.
Last year Dallas Cowboy RB's ran the ball 370 times for 1425 yards.

One team upgraded in the offseason. One team downgraded.

Who is going to have the better running game in 2024???
well shit...lets move on to 2025 then.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but did Dak run more or less with Kellen Moore as his OC?
The number of times Dak ran the ball had nothing to do with Moore regardless of what correlation you might be getting at (unless you want to include the run at the end of the SF playoff game that ran out the clock that Moore called). The most rushes Dak ever had was when Moore was the QB coach before he became OC and play caller (mentioning because Dak's runs are more scrambles than called rushes by the play caller). Also, I'm not sure Dak running and Hurts running are the same thing, are they? At least for your sake I hope they aren't. Dak has slowed down significantly from a guy who could move a little to a guy who runs like he has a piano on his back. He ran a little more last year the the previous few years because he was healthier than he was during Moore's 3 years as OC and because of the criticism of him not scrambling when the situation presented itself in recent years to the detriment of the team. Hopefully he runs at least as many times this year.

On the main point of the topic, of course Hurts will take some carries from Barkley as he has averaged 150 carries per year since being the FT starter. But Jones started to run a lot with the Giants the last couple of year also before he got injured and Barkley still had big per game carry numbers. Also, the Eagles have been right around the top of the league in total carries the last 3 years with lesser RBs than Barkley so it's reasonable they will be up there again even if Hurts again takes a number of carries (and yes 150 is a lot) from his RBs. Barkley should also get a bunch of touches in the passing game but remember with the Giants there was no other option. I'm guessing it's more semantics than disagreeing because of course Hurts will take carries from the running backs (as compared to an average QB) and of course Barkley wasn't signed to a huge deal to be put on a pitch count or used as a decoy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.
Dak has been the better passer.
Dak was the better passer before Moore or after Moore? Im unsure of what you’re saying here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore? LOL

Dak was a better passer coming out of college and has shown to be in the pros.
Hurts has him on squats
Oh my bad. He was asking a question about Dak tendencies with and without the Eagles new OC. You were just doing a Dak is better than Hurts post. Carry on

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Philadelphia Eagles RB's ran the ball 349 times for 1532 yards.
Last year Dallas Cowboy RB's ran the ball 370 times for 1425 yards.

One team upgraded in the offseason. One team downgraded.

Who is going to have the better running game in 2024???
You are brave trying to explain math to Manster

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad. He was asking a question about Dak tendencies with and without the Eagles new OC. You were just doing a Dak is better than Hurts post. Carry on
if that works for you. all the better.

As to the correct response to his question, Dak cooled the runs with the compound broken ankle. Kinda thought that was obvious to the most casual fan.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that works for you. all the better.

As to the correct response to his question, Dak cooled the runs with the compound broken ankle. Kinda thought that was obvious to the most casual fan.
I didn’t ask the original question.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad every thread is a cowboy's thread.

The cowboys are funny.

I'm glad Dak is their quarterback.