• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Deflategate': Richard Sherman should be fined, Boomer Esiason says

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman hasn't missed a single practice since the NFCCG, but he's not confident and making excuses? Please, he just answered the question honestly, no more, no less. These guys dont fear these dink and dunk offenses one bit, and rightfully so.

My point of the dink and dunks wasn't fear. It was involve um and see how they respond. Coaches tend to think that way. Separated shoulders and elbow ligaments aren't really all that tested tell the collisions occur.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell should not be allowed to visit with owners before any game, it does give the impression of partiality and Sherman is correct....
No he shouldn't be fined for doing what he is paid for and contracted to do, he showed up and answered questions, that's his point of view as well as the majority of fans as a whole....
What other owner do you know that would feel he had the authority to demand an apology from the league when the verdict is still up for grabs....
He either has cut a deal with his buddy or he is just plain stupid, and you don't get to be a billionaire by being stupid....
Someone needs to check RG's finances if Kraft gets his demand.
If the Commish don't like these type of comments, then quit painting those kind of pictures with his behavior....
I don't even like Sherman, but he is correct IMO.....:nod:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point of the dink and dunks wasn't fear. It was involve um and see how they respond. Coaches tend to think that way. Separated shoulders and elbow ligaments aren't really all that tested tell the collisions occur.

I agree that they'll be tested with physicality. But there is so much talent elsewhere on the Hawks defense, it's not that easy to just test THOSE two guys. You can plan to run at Sherman or Thomas, but there is a good chance that Kam, Wagner or Wright get to the RB before they even get there.

I would understand the concerns for those guys if they didn't finish the NFCCG, or they didn't play well when they did return, or if they were older vets, or if they hadn't been practicing since that game. None of those are the case, I'm putting my money on them not being a liability.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they'll be tested with physicality. But there is so much talent elsewhere on the Hawks defense, it's not that easy to just test THOSE two guys. You can plan to run at Sherman or Thomas, but there is a good chance that Kam, Wagner or Wright get to the RB before they even get there.

I would understand the concerns for those guys if they didn't finish the NFCCG, or they didn't play well when they did return, or if they were older vets, or if they hadn't been practicing since that game. None of those are the case, I'm putting my money on them not being a liability.

with regards to being a liability....I would too
I think it's more do they finish.

Thomas was a warrior coming back and playing well in the second half. I don't think the same could be said about Sherman. He pretty much just stood out there other than one play as I recall. I would think he's much better today but when that arm gets extended and contact occurs? I'm not saying they will or won't make it through the game, only that NE should take the game to both.

I'm an Earl Thomas fan. I drove two/three times over 4 hours to south Texas to watch him play HS football. You just know with some kids have the overall talent. Even at 16 years old. Earl was the best player on the field playing whatever position he played. The only question become maturity at the state college. Earl passed with flying colors and I'm happy this guy made it. Unfortunately, I also know first hand shoulder separations. I don't know the degree of Earl's. The two weeks helped greatly, but only multiple collisions with arms extended at different angles will tell that tell. least that was my experience.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that Boomer feels Sherman should be disciplined by the league for saying something while the Patriots will probably get away with their underinflated footballs. The lockeroom attendant will probably be their scapegoat. The NFL is a joke. They only care about the money, the integrity of the game doesn't mean anything to them. The NFL is like a church, they don't even have to pay taxes.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer... who the fuck names their kid Boomer???

He was a shitty quarterback and is an even shittier analyst!!!

Sherman was just telling us what we already know Goodell has his hands in Kraft's pocket. Fucked up thing is every year you see Goodell sucking up to someone, they end up winning.

Boomer had one good run and came up short vs the niners. Since retiring he's been nothing more than an attention whore. I can't take anything he says seriosly. Shermanay like the spotlight but unlike boomer he deserves it and he does soeak the truth even if it's whatvpeople don't want to head