• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Deflategate': Richard Sherman should be fined, Boomer Esiason says

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what Boomer, Rice or any other former player has to say.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a joke about it but I agree. Really, he is making the analogy to defend his team-mate, Lynch.

The press won't support Lynch because he disses the media.....

For the same reason, they won't support Belichick because he disses the media.....

I don't blame players for being difficult with the media at this time of year. There's 1000's of extra media and most of them have no idea about football and are just trying to get them to say something controversial. I like seeing the players give the attitude right back. As long as they're friendly to fans they meet I don't care what they say to the media

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Esiason doesn't make any sense.

So Marshawn should be fined for not answering questions from the media & Sherman should be fined for answering questions from the media? :scratch:

Maybe if they don't like the answers, they should fine the media for asking the questions.

Cant have it both ways. Do you want the players to answer the questions or not? How can you say to fine a player for answering a question. if they want PC answers only, then don't bother asking the damn question. That is my take on this.

Boomer was referring to calling the leagues commish biased to one owner over another. One he already fined and took a #1 draft pick from previously. I don't agree but that was his slant

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what Boomer, Rice or any other former player has to say.

Same. It's really just their way of saying "HEY! I'm still important too! So listen to me."

No. Fuck off.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer was referring to calling the leagues commish biased to one owner over another. One he already fined and took a #1 draft pick from previously. I don't agree but that was his slant

He's entitled to his opinion. But I don't care what his opinion is if it's not on the field related. I'll listen it what he has to say about QB play. Anything else, he's just another mouth.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Esiason doesn't make any sense.

So Marshawn should be fined for not answering questions from the media & Sherman should be fined for answering questions from the media? :scratch:

Maybe if they don't like the answers, they should fine the media for asking the questions.

Cant have it both ways. Do you want the players to answer the questions or not? How can you say to fine a player for answering a question. if they want PC answers only, then don't bother asking the damn question. That is my take on this.

Very well said....

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sherman, love his game, but to me he really looks like he's already making excuses if the Hawks lose. He's got torn tendons in his shoulder, might not even play, and if he does play, knows he may not be very effective.

He comes off like a guy who believes his team can't win without him, and he's already looking for a reason why they'll lose.

A healthy, confident Sherman isn't phased by any of this.
It's funny when people speak as though they know someone they don't.

I mean, you don't even know that it's his elbow, not his shoulder that's injured and you're already assuming things about what he's thinking?

You act as though Sherman is talking trash simply because he's injured and thus not confident in himself. Does that really sound like Richard Sherman to you? Come on...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait til Brady's a former player and we can ignore whatever he says

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the one who is fined. Esiason is a moron.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny when people speak as though they know someone they don't.

I mean, you don't even know that it's his elbow, not his shoulder that's injured and you're already assuming things about what he's thinking?

You act as though Sherman is talking trash simply because he's injured and thus not confident in himself. Does that really sound like Richard Sherman to you? Come on...

I meant elbow. My bad. And I didn't write anything that acts like I know him. It's just how he comes off to me. I've seen him confident, and this isn't the same guy I've seen in the past. He's not talking trash, he's making excuses.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last team this whole thing affects is the Seahawks. I have no idea why they're even talking about it. I thought PC had more control over his players than this.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last team this whole thing affects is the Seahawks. I have no idea why they're even talking about it. I thought PC had more control over his players than this.

That shows what you know about Pete.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shows what you know about Pete.

I know he ran USC like a country club, but I expected the defending champs be to focused on retaining the title, not the sideshow surrounding the challenger.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant elbow. My bad. And I didn't write anything that acts like I know him. It's just how he comes off to me. I've seen him confident, and this isn't the same guy I've seen in the past. He's not talking trash, he's making excuses.

Sherman hasn't missed a single practice since the NFCCG, but he's not confident and making excuses? Please, he just answered the question honestly, no more, no less. These guys dont fear these dink and dunk offenses one bit, and rightfully so.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is not Goodell answering questions to the media?

I'm not surprised by this... This guy never will answer the media honestly or even at all. We only will hear, "ums" and "ahhs"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman hasn't missed a single practice since the NFCCG, but he's not confident and making excuses? Please, he just answered the question honestly, no more, no less. These guys dont fear these dink and dunk offenses one bit, and rightfully so.

Like I said, the last team Deflategate has any bearing on is you guys. The footballs used in this game will be the most micromanaged set of footballs ever used in an NFL game. But here he is talking about it. It's just my opinion. Seems to me he's feeling less than his usual super human self with that torn up ELBOW and he's not confident his team can win without him. So instead of talking about what a bad ass he is like usual, he's talking about why the Pats will win being in bed w Goodell.

Just my opinion.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I'd say this about a SB but this one game I can't wait for it to be over. No disrespect to any of you fine Seahawk/Patriots posters. :L