• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Deflategate': Richard Sherman should be fined, Boomer Esiason says

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does anyone agree with Boomer on this one?

'Deflategate': Richard Sherman should be fined, Boomer Esiason says - LA Times

'Deflategate': Richard Sherman should be fined, Boomer Esiason says

Former NFL quarterback and football analyst Boomer Esaison believes Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman should be punished for remarks he made about NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

Shortly after the Seahawks arrived in Phoenix on Sunday to being preparing for the Super Bowl, Sherman weighed in on the "Deflategate" controversy, saying he didn't think the Patriots would be penalized by the NFL for using underinflated balls in the AFC championship game.

"Will they be punished? Probably not," Sherman said during a news conference. "Not as long as Roger Goodell and Robert Kraft are still taking pictures at their respective homes. I think it was just at Kraft's house last week before the AFC championship, you know. Talk about conflict of interest."

Sherman was referring to a photo taken at Kraft's home showing the Patriots owner with Goodell before the start of the AFC title game between the Pats and the Indianapolis Colts on Jan. 18

Esaison told SI.com he believes Sherman's comments warrant a "heavy-duty fine."

"Should the NFL fine Richard Sherman for attacking the commissioner and the integrity of the league?" Esaison asked. "If I were the commissioner, I would. You can't have
a player, who's one of the best players at his position and who has an open microphone and will continue to have an open microphone all this week, questioning your authority and your integrity.

"Richard Sherman seems to forget that Roger Goodell also works for his owner, Paul Allen ... and has many times sat down with Paul Allen, privately, in a friendly situation.

"So Richard Sherman fired a shot across the bow of the commissioner. Now, it's going to be up to the commissioner and the NFL to act accordingly. I think a heavy-duty fine is in order. Let's see if the commissioner has the guts to levy it," Esiason said.

The NFL announced last week it was looking into whether the Patriots used underinflated balls in their 45-7 win over the Colts. The probe will not be completed until after the Super Bowl, the league said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Sherman - he should not be fined for what he said. He should be fined for picking up the microphone and should go to attention-whore rehab......
(after the game)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goodell should be fined for all the pre-teen homosexual po rnography he owns.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman shouldn't be fined. He stated what many already think. Though I'm on the Pats side in this I can understand Sherman's annoyance and I feel it is warranted. To fine him but not the Pats would be counterproductive and will not happen. The end.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman shouldn't be fined. He stated what many already think. Though I'm on the Pats side in this I can understand Sherman's annoyance and I feel it is warranted. To fine him but not the Pats would be counterproductive and will not happen. The end.

I made a joke about it but I agree. Really, he is making the analogy to defend his team-mate, Lynch.

The press won't support Lynch because he disses the media.....

For the same reason, they won't support Belichick because he disses the media.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kraft ordered one of his CBS bitches to spout some more propaganda.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Sherman and Lynch. These guys stand up to what the believe in.

Fuck political correctness!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Esiason doesn't make any sense.

So Marshawn should be fined for not answering questions from the media & Sherman should be fined for answering questions from the media? :scratch:

Maybe if they don't like the answers, they should fine the media for asking the questions.

Cant have it both ways. Do you want the players to answer the questions or not? How can you say to fine a player for answering a question. if they want PC answers only, then don't bother asking the damn question. That is my take on this.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about what Sherman said was untrue or slanderous? Why should someone be fined for pointing out something that actually happened with proof?

Boomer Esiason should be fined for being completely unwatchable. The CBS crew is awful

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer... who the fuck names their kid Boomer???

He was a shitty quarterback and is an even shittier analyst!!!

Sherman was just telling us what we already know Goodell has his hands in Kraft's pocket. Fucked up thing is every year you see Goodell sucking up to someone, they end up winning.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Esiason doesn't make any sense.

So Marshawn should be fined for not answering questions from the media & Sherman should be fined for answering questions from the media? :scratch:

Maybe if they don't like the answers, they should fine the media for asking the questions.

Cant have it both ways. Do you want the players to answer the questions or not? How can you say to fine a player for answering a question. if they want PC answers only, then don't bother asking the damn question. That is my take on this.

Why not have the media write it for them. Then they can say it for them. What professional actor would not love having a chance to sound like Lynch? I think you should include Ray Lewis in this.
Could Bill Clinton do Bill Belichick? "depends on what the meaning of deception is"

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer shouldn't be calling the commish out like that; He basically called Goodell gutless if he doesn't fine Sherman.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gronk and Sherman are going one on one Sherman will get what he deserves on the field.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should fine every Seahawks, have their entire paychecks just signed over to the NFL, just because of who they are!

Goodel can use half the money for his own personal use, the other half, he can donate to whatever jail Aaron Hernandez is in, so he can play in the game, after all, the Patriots shouldnt have to play in the game with one of their players out. It's not really fair.

Fuck the Seahawks!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should fine every Seahawks, have their entire paychecks just signed over to the NFL, just because of who they are!

Goodel can use half the money for his own personal use, the other half, he can donate to whatever jail Aaron Hernandez is in, so he can play in the game, after all, the Patriots shouldnt have to play in the game with one of their players out. It's not really fair.

Fuck the Seahawks!

:laugh3:The Pats officially released Hernandez on June 26, 2013.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is fast becoming one of my favorite players. He's smart, funny, has an edge and a gift for gab as well as being a fantastic football player. He'll be taking someone's job in a booth as a commentator after his playing days are over.... if he wants it.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is fast becoming one of my favorite players. He's smart, funny, has an edge and a gift for gab as well as being a fantastic football player. He'll be taking someone's job in a booth as a commentator after his playing days are over.... if he wants it.

there are so many lousy game commentators he can have his pick of the litter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Boomer also say the Patriots were finished and sucked? only to back track immediately? Boomer just shut your mouth

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Boomer also say the Patriots were finished and sucked? only to back track immediately? Boomer just shut your mouth

I think the only former player that hasn't is Michael Irvin.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Sherman - he should not be fined for what he said. He should be fined for picking up the microphone and should go to attention-whore rehab......
(after the game)

Except he will then be fined if he doesn't pick up the microphone by the league.

This is why Lynch doesn't talk to the media.