• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'Deflategate': Richard Sherman should be fined, Boomer Esiason says

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never stick up for Sherman but in this case he was asked a question and he answered it truthfully as he sees it. Don't ask a question if you don't want the answer to be other then you want it to be.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time Esiason wants to bitch about Marshawn Lynch not wanting to speak to the media he can think back to today and remember attacking Sherman for giving his honest, non-PC answer about Goodell and the he might understand why Lynch refuses to give people like him ammo.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time Esiason wants to bitch about Marshawn Lynch not wanting to speak to the media he can think back to today and remember attacking Sherman for giving his honest, non-PC answer about Goodell and the he might understand why Lynch refuses to give people like him ammo.

I like Sherman but come on, he basically publicly accused the commissioner of corruption. I thought it was funny, but if he gets fined for tossing that bomb he has no one to blame but himself.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sherman but come on, he basically publicly accused the commissioner of corruption. I thought it was funny, but if he gets fined for tossing that bomb he has no one to blame but himself.

He didn't accuse him of anything. He pointed out the fact that goodell is hob nobbing with one of 4 owners who's teams are still playing is a conflict of interest. Especially when Goodell is making up brand new rules or re emphasizing the emforcement of the rule focused on one player on one of the 4 teams still playing on the fly willy nilly.

Also, I don tthink Sherman will go into broadcasting, I think he'll take Demorris Smiths job, maybe actually win something for the players instead of bending over and taking it from the owners every negotiation.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman is too smart to make a direct accusation. All he did was say he didn't think there would be any punishment because of their relationship. Then said he said "talk about a conflict of interest". He is certainly implying something, but his wording will protect him.

Besides, Goodell is really pigeon holed here. Sherman's comments resonated with people because of the simple bad optics of the situation Goodell put himself in by attending one of the team owner's playoff party the night before the event. It does look bad. I'm not saying anything shady went down but Goodell ought to know better than to go to any owners party that is still in the playoffs. Just like Blandino being on Jerry's party bus looks bad because it raises the specter of favoritism towards certain teams. So now if Goodell does fine Sherman for pointing out the obvious it will just look like he's trying to silence criticism of what he did. Goodell is in a tough spot, but one he put himself in in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Boomer do this:suds:

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Richard Sherman has torn ligaments in his elbow.
It's the first we've heard of any torn ligaments, but Sherman has continually insisted it's not an issue. Sherman has been practicing in full ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl. Per Werder, Sherman is "improving daily," and "finished with treatment." It's possible we'll learn that Sherman is dealing with a more serious injury than he's letting on following SB XLIX.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman and Thomas are both hurt and that will be exposed IF the front 4 doesn't apply the required pressure

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is too smart to make a direct accusation. All he did was say he didn't think there would be any punishment because of their relationship. Then said he said "talk about a conflict of interest". He is certainly implying something, but his wording will protect him.

Besides, Goodell is really pigeon holed here. Sherman's comments resonated with people because of the simple bad optics of the situation Goodell put himself in by attending one of the team owner's playoff party the night before the event. It does look bad. I'm not saying anything shady went down but Goodell ought to know better than to go to any owners party that is still in the playoffs. Just like Blandino being on Jerry's party bus looks bad because it raises the specter of favoritism towards certain teams. So now if Goodell does fine Sherman for pointing out the obvious it will just look like he's trying to silence criticism of what he did. Goodell is in a tough spot, but one he put himself in in the first place.

All good points up in bold. Sherman is a crafty individual, Goodell didn't do himself any favors, and a fine right now only looks like a childish retaliation.

I agree with Sherman, it gives every appearance of being a conflict of interest. Doesn't matter whether there's nothing shady behind his attendance at an owner's party, you just don't do it in the first place so people don't make these types of conclusions. A guy getting paid as much money as Roger is getting should understand this.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman and Thomas are both hurt and that will be exposed IF the front 4 doesn't apply the required pressure

Meh, both those guys stayed in the game and played well last week, after their injuries. Thomas even took that bad shoulder and blasted Lacey in to the bench with it. Besides, it's not like Brady is great downfield thrower any more, they just need to keep everything in front of them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, both those guys stayed in the game and played well last week, after their injuries. Thomas even took that bad shoulder and blasted Lacey in to the bench with it. Besides, it's not like Brady is great downfield thrower any more, they just need to keep everything in front of them.

I've known of Thomas since his HS days in Orange TX...he's a flat out baller, no question. I think NE will be happy to throw short early and let Earl bring the wood. That shoulder will get a workout if nothing else. Same with Sherman...make him tackle often. Outside running game type thing with three wides and throwing hitches...a lot could be determined in those 2 to 5 yard gains. I think that's the plan. Little bill is well known to attack the weaknesses as well as test your strength. Those could be the same this Sunday cause those type injuries don't recover in a short amount of time.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've known of Thomas since his HS days in Orange TX...he's a flat out baller, no question. I think NE will be happy to throw short early and let Earl bring the wood. That shoulder will get a workout if nothing else. Same with Sherman...make him tackle often. Outside running game type thing with three wides and throwing hitches...a lot could be determined in those 2 to 5 yard gains. I think that's the plan. Little bill is well known to attack the weaknesses as well as test your strength. Those could be the same this Sunday cause those type injuries don't recover in a short amount of time.

Short stuff takes a toll on the offense too, Chancellor and Wagner are also flying around knocking fools out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sherman, love his game, but to me he really looks like he's already making excuses if the Hawks lose. He's got torn tendons in his shoulder, might not even play, and if he does play, knows he may not be very effective.

He comes off like a guy who believes his team can't win without him, and he's already looking for a reason why they'll lose.

A healthy, confident Sherman isn't phased by any of this.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short stuff takes a toll on the offense too, Chancellor and Wagner are also flying around knocking fools out.

True, remember Demer thomas last year, first drive, got blown up by Kam, which set the tone early.

Also, Anyone think Sherman is baiting them a little....yeah im injured,,,go ahead and throw my way wink wink

but honestly everything ive heard is he's fine and will be playing. ETs injury is a little more concerning, but that guys a warrier, he smashed eddie lacy like 10 minutes after seperating it in the nfccg, he's th eleast of my concerns.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....I think Thomas is the bigger key which is why I think the Pats put both in tackle situations often early in the game.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer is just kissing ass to keep his host jobs rolling in.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is not Goodell answering questions to the media?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is not Goodell answering questions to the media?

He's been busy helping Michael Vick get into the witness protection program after reading your posts?