• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Debate: Does Kobe have the right to sue his mother?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly amazing how much pride Oklahomans and Texans take in collectively sucking as entire states at everything all the time so consistently.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, lets not get all political and shit. OK and Texas are fine states. I'm commenting about a dude that plays basketball and if you really want to go there, CaliLoLfornia is a joke. People are leaving that shit hole in droves.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cheap skate--she needed the money to buy another home,he should just buy another home,PLEASE -Bear in mind he told his mother previously,i dont need my high school memorabilia anymore,DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT MOM.i qoute ,WHEN HE FOUND OUT THE VALUE OF HIS HIGH SCHOOL MEMORABILIA estimated value @$1 million--,HE CHANGED HIS MIND INSTANTLY.
IF YOU ARE A LAKER FAN YOU WILL BE IN HIS CORNER.or TAKE HIS SIDE.
YOU NEVER SUE YOUR MOM,FORGIVE HER.AND JUST LOVE HER.F ARE RICH,JUST BUY HER ANOTHER HOME.
THAT's WHY HE WLL NEVER WN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP.THS WLL HAUNT HIM FOREVER.
READ MORE ON THIS ISSUE IN THE LOS ANGELES TIMES NEWSPAPER.COM
WHAT GOES AROUND ,COMES AROUND BABY.
WORDS and the TRUTH.

Personally I don't think offering his mother $250,000 to buy a new home is being cheap when you consider that the Bryant's parents should be financially fixed by now. Kobe's father has earned good money playing basketball and coaching.

That being said, however I think everyone is over-looking the one issue. When a child leaves home, he or she often leaves memorabilia at home and the parents are often stuck with storing it or selling it or discarding it. If Kobe wanted this property that badly my question is why didn't he send a truck to come and get everything and pay to have it stored himself instead of sticking the storage fees to her? It sounds like he abandoned the items until he found out that everything was going to get sold.

FOR BIG MONEY -

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa Whoa Whoa, lets not get all political and shit. OK and Texas are fine states. I'm commenting about a dude that plays basketball and if you really want to go there, CaliLoLfornia is a joke. People are leaving that shit hole in droves.

Haha. It was a joke. Some parts of Texas are alright. Oklahoma, I don't know about that one. But trust that no one is willingly leaving California for either of those places.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. It was a joke. Some parts of Texas are alright. Oklahoma, I don't know about that one. But trust that no one is willingly leaving California for either of those places.

:lol:

It's all good. Oklahoma and some parts of California have deep roots. Dust bowl stuff. I even have lineage out there.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all good. Oklahoma and some parts of California have deep roots. Dust bowl stuff. I even have lineage out there.

Be careful about disagreeing with Big Slugs. He's a pussy that puts people on ignore....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on where at you live in those states - lol, I live in Ca but would like to leave Ca for something like Colorado when I retire. Ca is a great place to work and make money though - if you have a brain. Now if you're retarded like Heatmyshorts or Sman2011, then California is the place for retards like them because there are more services like sheltered workshops, assistance and other services that will keep them occupied and feeling productive

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Nutshell:

Kobe had valuable memorabilia at his mom's house. Maybe it meant something to him. For example, I have a set of old golf clubs that I used to play in tournaments with years back. I stored them at my parents house, because for a while I was moving around so much. Those clubs are now collectors items and worth more than they used to be. Doesn't mean I want my folks to sell them.

Maybe Kobe wanted to keep them in the family. Maybe he wanted his kids to have it when they grew up. Maybe it was just sentimental.

The mom then decides to sell his property without asking him. He finds out after the fact that an auction house has his property and is about to sell it. All Kobe does is immediately write a letter to the auction house asking them not to sell his property. That's it!!!

Then the auction house decides to sue Kobe (basically asking simply for a declaratory judgement on who owns the property by the judge). Once they file action, Kobe is asked to respond and he does. Again, That's IT!!!

How the above turns in to Kobe first suing his mother :lol:, to then when you realize that's not the case to Kobe just doing something wrong against his mother :wtf2: - is ridiculous.:omg:

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I was just teasing TX and OK because you were starting in on my Lakers haha. I actually lived in Houston for a little while, and liked it a lot.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe had valuable memorabilia at his mom's house. Maybe it meant something to him. For example, I have a set of old golf clubs that I used to play in tournaments with years back. I stored them at my parents house, because for a while I was moving around so much. Those clubs are now collectors items and worth more than they used to be. Doesn't mean I want my folks to sell them.

Maybe Kobe wanted to keep them in the family. Maybe he wanted his kids to have it when they grew up. Maybe it was just sentimental.

The mom then decides to sell his property without asking him. He finds out after the fact that an auction house has his property and is about to sell it. All Kobe does is immediately write a letter to the auction house asking them not to sell his property. That's it!!!

Then the auction house decides to sue Kobe (basically asking simply for a declaratory judgement on who owns the property by the judge). Once they file action, Kobe is asked to respond and he does. Again, That's IT!!!

How the above turns in to Kobe first suing his mother :lol:, to then when you realize that's not the case to Kobe just doing something wrong against his mother :wtf2: - is ridiculous.:omg:

It sounds like you're right, but the letter to cease in the sale of his private property came from Kobe's letter - that was a legal action and had the auction company ignored that letter, then they could have been in some deep trouble. Kobe made it very clear that his mother did not have legal ownership to the propery and that as his property, they did not have the right to sell the items.

The judge will have to make a decision on was the property abandoned. If it was then the mother had a right to sell the stuff. If the property wasn't abandoned, then she didn't and the property will be returned to Kobe. The auction company would then have to file a suit against Kobe's mother because she has their money - not Kobe.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting development for the faggots that are always beating up Kobe everytime they think he did something wrong. Turns out the Joe and Pamela Bryant already own two homes in Philadelphia and Joe Bryant just bought another home in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pamela Bryant wants another home as well, I guess two in Philly with one for each and only one in Las Vegas for the two of them wasn't enough. Kobe offered 250,000 but Pamela Bryant wants a more upscale home, but here is the kicker, there are over 900 items in the hands of the auction company who stood to earn 1.5 million before taking their cut. That 450,000 advance to Pamela Bryant wasn't a pot to piss in compared to what she was going to get and by the way, some of those things she flat out took out of Kobe's house - the woman is a thief - so y'as really need STFU and quit bitching yourselves into Kobe's business