• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Shaw: CFP should look at full schedules

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't know the records of those teams off the top of my head, but I know Kansas sucks ass.

It's not cherry picking when I've named like 8 teams now.

:lol:

You’ve named two fuck stick. The two worse P5 teams. An you have no problem looking up SoS or anything else so you can’t look up a middle tier P5 team record? Or is it because you know none of that proves your point? Fuck stick

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...but needs some qualifying. Because they want home OOC games for money , those "other leagues" they "relish" need to be non P5 leagues they can buy in order to play at them at home...or at least all but one of 'em. And since there are a lot of schools like mine that have a hard time making ends meet, they are plentiful and can be bought.

Everybody is gonna schedule a dog or two. But if you're a P5 team
looking up then you go out and get games against other P5 leagues.

And it shouldn't matter where you play them. The easiest way
is a neutral site game. Both teams get a good payday and a good
team to prove themselves against. Plus you get half the seats.

Bama continues to do what made them successful. If a team wants to replace them or get equal respect, they have to play
them and beat them.

Respect is earned. Florida State wasn't granted respect...we earned it. When we were an Independent in Bobby's early years,
we coined the expression..."Anybody, Anytime, Anywhere."
Even after Bobby had turned us around, or actually created us
we still held our version of Oktoberfest in 1981.

We didn't play a home game in the month of October. In no
particular order we played 5 straight road games...
At Ohio St. At Nebraska. At Pitt. At Notre Dame. At LSU.

We earned respect for that. When we won 3 of those games
we were given credit. But what was most important was
we earned the "benefit of the doubt."

And that benefit of the doubt we maintain to this day.

For everything of value in this world, there is a price to pay for
it.

There was bad blood established early in Fisher's tenure because
he would play every dog available. (The OU series had been scheduled before he arrived) The FSU fans were not used to that
and complained..."loudly" Thus the administration worked to ensure a return to more quality P5 opponents. That's when we
joined the neutral site thingy.

We don't have one this year, but we do open with VPI on Labor
Day night. Plus games with "name" schools, Miami, Florida, Notre
Dame and Clemson put us in a position where we could contend for
a playoff berth with one loss. If Washington loses to Auburn, they
can forget the playoffs. Wisconsin cannot afford to lose a game.
And there are others. OTOH...OU can sustain a loss. Texas can
sustain a loss.

The Pac12 and Big10 teams are cutting their own throats by not
venturing out of conf to play multiple P5 leagues a year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve named two fuck stick. The two worse P5 teams. An you have no problem looking up SoS or anything else so you can’t look up a middle tier P5 team record? Or is it because you know none of that proves your point? Fuck stick

I only needed one.

And you forgot Cal, Utah and Colorado. Tennessee from the SEC is another off the top of my head.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only needed one.

And you forgot Cal, Utah and Colorado. Tennessee from the SEC is another off the top of my head.

Cal, Colorado and UTah all disprove your theory. An no you don’t only need one unless you are under the assumption that one means the norm.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys were able to do play a sequence of games like that back then, why can't teams do it now? Most of us college football fans would love watching a sequence of games like those from the P5s.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is gonna schedule a dog or two. But if you're a P5 team
looking up then you go out and get games against other P5 leagues.

And it shouldn't matter where you play them. The easiest way
is a neutral site game. Both teams get a good payday and a good
team to prove themselves against. Plus you get half the seats.

Bama continues to do what made them successful. If a team wants to replace them or get equal respect, they have to play
them and beat them.

Respect is earned. Florida State wasn't granted respect...we earned it. When we were an Independent in Bobby's early years,
we coined the expression..."Anybody, Anytime, Anywhere."
Even after Bobby had turned us around, or actually created us
we still held our version of Oktoberfest in 1981.

We earned respect for that. When we won 3 of those games
we were given credit. But what was most important was
we earned the "benefit of the doubt."

And that benefit of the doubt we maintain to this day.

For everything of value in this world, there is a price to pay for
it.

There was bad blood established early in Fisher's tenure because
he would play every dog available. (The OU series had been scheduled before he arrived) The FSU fans were not used to that
and complained..."loudly" Thus the administration worked to ensure a return to more quality P5 opponents. That's when we
joined the neutral site thingy.

We don't have one this year, but we do open with VPI on Labor
Day night. Plus games with "name" schools, Miami, Florida, Notre
Dame and Clemson put us in a position where we could contend for
a playoff berth with one loss. If Washington loses to Auburn, they
can forget the playoffs. Wisconsin cannot afford to lose a game.
And there are others. OTOH...OU can sustain a loss. Texas can
sustain a loss.

Total load of crap. I posted the numbers .... it's the ACC & SEC that don't venture out to play teams out of their comfort zone. The PAC, B1G, and Big 12 play home & aways with P5 teams across the country. Both the ACC & SEC have four OOC games every season yet they play the least amount of P5 teams. Go figure eh.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal, Colorado and UTah all disprove your theory. An no you don’t only need one unless you are under the assumption that one means the norm.

I don't think you even understand my "theory" if you think that's the case.

Of course, I'm pretty sure you rarely understand much of anything that goes on since most often times you sit around and make up shit and argue it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you even understand my "theory" if you think that's the case.

Of course, I'm pretty sure you rarely understand much of anything that goes on since most often times you sit around and make up shit and argue it.

Explain your theory then slick. Because I’m not sure you understand how wrong you are. An don’t be a chicken shit and skip it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, there are only a handful of teams playing 2 P5s OOC this year. USC, Purdue, Ohio State, Texas, & West Virginia. (Washington if BYU is considered P5) I may have missed one. Seems like there were a couple of others.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, there are only a handful of teams playing 2 P5s OOC this year. USC, Purdue, Ohio State, Texas, & West Virginia. (Washington if BYU is considered P5) I may have missed one. Seems like there were a couple of others.
The PAC, B1G and Big 12 all have 3 OOC games vs the ACC & SEC's 4 yet those three conferences play more P5 OOC games on average year in and year out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain your theory then slick. Because I’m not sure you understand how wrong you are. An don’t be a chicken shit and skip it.

I didn't make a theory or claim, I was responding to one dipshit. Of which I proved wrong already and instead of acknowledging it, you started claiming I needed more examples of proof - apparently without a clue to the discussion(not a surprise).

The original claim was that less conference games meant that conference would get more teams above .500. But as I pointed out, the actual biggest influence are teams in the conference and that when some teams take the majority of those losses, as did Oregon St, Cal and Utah, then you are still able to get the bulk of those teams above .500

And for the record, Oregon St, Cal and Colorado were the only Pac12 teams to not be .500 or above last year before bowl season(add UCLA to that after, they went 6-7)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make a theory or claim, I was responding to one dipshit. Of which I proved wrong already and instead of acknowledging it, you started claiming I needed more examples of proof - apparently without a clue to the discussion(not a surprise).

The original claim was that less conference games meant that conference would get more teams above .500. But as I pointed out, the actual biggest influence are teams in the conference and that when some teams take the majority of those losses, as did Oregon St, Cal and Utah, then you are still able to get the bulk of those teams above .500

And for the record, Oregon St, Cal and Colorado were the only Pac12 teams to not be .500 or above last year.

No, you made the claim that playing 9 conference games is not harder than playing 8 and then choose one of the worst P5 teams to validate your argument. Which is absolute bullshit. Oregon State was shit but Cal and Colorado handled their ooc and had all there loses in conference. Saying they weren’t better than most mid majors (which you are arguing no matter how much you want to deny it) is absolute bullshit.

You haven’t proved shit, providing one example out of over 50 doesn’t mean you proved anything. It means your a jackass for think the absolute minority is the norm.

An once again your too chickenshit to explain your theory. Probably because you know it’s wrong.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you made the claim that playing 9 conference games is not harder than playing 8 and then choose one of the worst P5 teams to validate your argument. Which is absolute bullshit. Oregon State was shit but Cal and Colorado handled their ooc and had all there loses in conference. Saying they weren’t better than most mid majors (which you are arguing no matter how much you want to deny it) is absolute bullshit.

You haven’t proved shit, providing one example out of over 50 doesn’t mean you proved anything. It means your a jackass for think the absolute minority is the norm.

An once again your too chickenshit to explain your theory. Probably because you know it’s wrong.

You mean that's what your ignorant ass read, because as usual you are incapable of grasping actual conversations, but have no trouble running your little cocksucker about your little fantasy world.

Got it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that's what your ignorant ass read, because as usual you are incapable of grasping actual conversations, but have no trouble running your little cocksucker about your little fantasy world.

Got it.

Then explain bitch. Because all’s youve done is make up excuses and yell Oregon State like that some how validates your point that there’s no difference in playing 9 conference games and playing 8.

An you know I’m right bitch or you wouldn’t be coming back with nothing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then explain bitch. Because all’s youve done is make up excuses and yell Oregon State like that some how validates your point that there’s no difference in playing 9 conference games and playing 8.

An you know I’m right bitch or you wouldn’t be coming back with nothing.

Oh like you'd understand a thing of it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should stop the beauty contest and just have a system where if you win you keep playing.

I would feel that way too...if my team played in the Pac-12.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that’s what I thought. Chickenshit

Yes, it's because I'm chickenshit, not because I don't want to write the same exact post I wrote 10 minutes ago - which you apparently couldn't understand - again.

Pathetic ass loser.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's because I'm chickenshit, not because I don't want to write the same exact post I wrote 10 minutes ago - which you apparently couldn't understand - again.

Pathetic ass loser.

You didn’t explain your theory fuckstick. You just said what you thought which you know is bullshit. Not how you got there just that playing an extra midmajor (which happens when there’s one less conference game) is a loss.

An on top of all that my very first post in this thread was calling you out for your bullshit about conference games being no different 8 or 9 which you responded too. It’s not my fault your too stupid to understand that.

Stupid bitch

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t explain your theory fuckstick. You just said what you thought which you know is bullshit. Not how you got there just that playing an extra midmajor (which happens when there’s one less conference game) is a loss.

An on top of all that my very first post in this thread was calling you out for your bullshit about conference games being no different 8 or 9 which you responded too. It’s not my fault your too stupid to understand that.

Stupid bitch

As I said, too stupid to comprehend basic conversation.

I didn't make a theory or claim, I was responding to one dipshit