• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Irving Says He's Quitting Football; Smokes Blunt to Emphasize Point

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds physical to me.

Marijuana use disorders are often associated with dependence—in which a person feels withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug. People who use marijuana frequently often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and last up to 2 weeks.20,21 Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters.22,23

Is marijuana addictive?

Sorry, the US gov also still says there is no medical benefit from marijuana while also approving it for medical use. Forgive me if their offshoot .gov websites propaganda doesn't resonate with me. There is NO element in marijuana that has physically addictive traits. None. There is no disputing that. Some gov scaremonger website trying to equate a mental addiction with a physical addiction is just stupid.

You cut me off from sex and I'm going to be moody, difficult sleeping, irritable, etc. Doesn't mean I have a physical addiction to sex.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now one thing I will also add is that smoking pot does stunt the development of the brain, so doing so before your brain is fully developed can lead to making poor life decisions later in life.

That isn't addiction, it's a warning. The brain isn't done developing until the mid-20's. So smoking anything, or drinking, for an 18 or 21 year old is a bad idea.

Just to be fully transparent on my thoughts on pot. I want to see it legalized, and I don't partake in it now. But I hate seeing lives ruined over a plant.

I'm against its legalization, but I accepted it as soon as it was legal in NV.

At this point I think the NFL should just stop testing for it with it legal in nearly every state the NFL plays in.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm against its legalization, but I accepted it as soon as it was legal in NV.

At this point I think the NFL should just stop testing for it with it legal in nearly every state the NFL plays in.

Agree. NFL doesn't have to legalize it, just stop testing for it. isn't that what the NBA has done? And no one has cared.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. NFL doesn't have to legalize it, just stop testing for it. isn't that what the NBA has done? And no one has cared.
This ^^

It is the most simple thing. It would be a seamless improvement to the NFL for several reasons.

However, I'm still not shedding any tears for young millionaires who can't put down the pipe while it is banned.

The rule is idiotic and the player that breaks the rule is idiotic. That can't be argued IMO.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, the US gov also still says there is no medical benefit from marijuana while also approving it for medical use. Forgive me if their offshoot .gov websites propaganda doesn't resonate with me. There is NO element in marijuana that has physically addictive traits. None. There is no disputing that. Some gov scaremonger website trying to equate a mental addiction with a physical addiction is just stupid.

You cut me off from sex and I'm going to be moody, difficult sleeping, irritable, etc. Doesn't mean I have a physical addiction to sex.
And the pro marijuana community will slant their studies the other way.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the pro marijuana community will slant their studies the other way.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to the team that isn't saying "There is no medicinal benefit so it is sched 1" and also "here are the acceptable medical uses for this".

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give the benefit of the doubt to the team that isn't saying "There is no medicinal benefit so it is sched 1" and also "here are the acceptable medical uses for this".
How about to the side that keeps the no death stance, while TCH fatal accidents are rivaling alchohol related fatal accidents.

I don't know about you but if a drug kills the USER or not is of little concern to me.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about to the side that keeps the no death stance, while TCH fatal accidents are rivaling alchohol related fatal accidents.

I don't know about you but if a drug kills the USER or not is of little concern to me.

Every study I have seen on THC motorist deaths has carried a "tested for THC in their system" caveat. If alcohol remained in the system as long as THC did, but didn't impair drivers like THC doesn't after a short time, the numbers for alcohol would be massively higher. In fact the last one I saw showed that accidents when THC was at a level the driver would be impaired has dropped.
Mixed findings on Colorado marijuana, traffic deaths

idiots that operate a vehicle under THC or alcohol are just that, idiots. But the guy drinking alcohol will kill himself slowly using that drug, while pot won't.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every study I have seen on THC motorist deaths has carried a "tested for THC in their system" caveat. If alcohol remained in the system as long as THC did, but didn't impair drivers like THC doesn't after a short time, the numbers for alcohol would be massively higher. In fact the last one I saw showed that accidents when THC was at a level the driver would be impaired has dropped.
Mixed findings on Colorado marijuana, traffic deaths

idiots that operate a vehicle under THC or alcohol are just that, idiots. But the guy drinking alcohol will kill himself slowly using that drug, while pot won't.
I agree any driving under the influence are idiots. At one time I was one of those idiots.
As for killing yourself with Alcohol or Suck Starting a shotgun I really don't care.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you bringing in deaths.....?.....Deaths have nothing to do what anyone is talking about.....
Plus,smoking marijuana impairs your judgement,unlike some of that stuff on your list....

Impairment is the main focus,not how people die.....

Why did I bring that up? No reason @ all really. I just thought it was funny. Especially the end of it. It was more sarcasm than anything else.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I step behind the wheel it is in my system. From my day before "cake".

But there is a huge difference between it being in my system and some youngin' behind the wheel. Even if I just burned a bowl and then realized I needed to get gas or something.

I've had the odd speeding ticket but I've never had an accident. Not even close.
tenor.gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Williams is proud of him.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he will now do something really stupid, and claim that this stunt was a cry for help and that the signs weren't recognized, then proceed to sue the NFL, the Cowboys and instagram etc. Probably be a few riots.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he will now do something really stupid, and claim that this stunt was a cry for help and that the signs weren't recognized, then proceed to sue the NFL, the Cowboys and instagram etc. Probably be a few riots.
Problem is the Cowboys tried to help, and if you read the whole suspension/non-suspension history the NFL tried to help too.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you drive after smoking pot and see no problem with that?

Right? Weed smokers are way too fucking courteous when they drive. That shit's gotta stop.