• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dashon Goldson

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like Goldson killed his own negotiations by saying he'd sign for the franchise tag if they didn't get a long-term deal done. Still good money for him, so he doesn't lose.

I think he needs to give the 49ers another Pro-Bowl season to get the long-term deal he wants, I don't want the 49ers turning into the Redskins and paying out big money long year contracts to guys who were 'meh' most of their careers and played very good to great in a contract year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like Goldson killed his own negotiations by saying he'd sign for the franchise tag if they didn't get a long-term deal done. Still good money for him, so he doesn't lose.

I think he needs to give the 49ers another Pro-Bowl season to get the long-term deal he wants, I don't want the 49ers turning into the Redskins and paying out big money long year contracts to guys who were 'meh' most of their careers and played very good to great in a contract year.

It actually is a loss for Goldson. Keep in mind he is getting $6.2m instead of perhaps $15-20m; plus he will be a year older when/if these negotiations pick back up next year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The deadline is 4pm EST

The 9ers might not be giving him what he wants but I don't think they're low balling him either.

If I was him I would take the money and run. It's not like teams we're beating down the door to sign him before last season when he was a free agent and while he helped his value with his play last season I still doubt teams will give him the contract he wants.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are playing it right IMHO... They're trying to set themselves some flexibility down the road when the likes of Aldon, CBs Brown and/or Cully, Bowman as well any other key Defensive FAs out there...

also offensive players too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is a loss for Goldson. Keep in mind he is getting $6.2m instead of perhaps $15-20m; plus he will be a year older when/if these negotiations pick back up next year.

You don't mean 15-20 for one year, right? You're talking about increased value a long term would provide over 6.2 this year and a deal next year? Signing bonus? I'm assuming you mean something else because 15-20 M is elite QB/Patrick Willis territory.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the 49ers have already started on a path of valuing players, AND sticking to it. so it makes sense they stick with it now. if you don't stick with ti now, all future negotiations are affected.

good teams face higher and higher contracts, so it doesn't get easier from here on.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The deadline is 4pm EST
The 9ers might not be giving him what he wants but I don't think they're low balling him either.

If I was him I would take the money and run. It's not like teams we're beating down the door to sign him before last season when he was a free agent and while he helped his value with his play last season I still doubt teams will give him the contract he wants.

Thanks for pointing that out to me Jikkle cuz I certainly overlooked that. By the way, I didn't mean to create another thread when Pozz already had existing Goldson thread. Moderator, can you please merge this thread into Pozz's thread: http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/74696-source-no-progress-made-negotiations-goldson.html

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't mean 15-20 for one year, right? You're talking about increased value a long term would provide over 6.2 this year and a deal next year? Signing bonus? I'm assuming you mean something else because 15-20 M is elite QB/Patrick Willis territory.

Correct! - The $15-20m represents a possible range of guaranteed money on a long-term contract.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 49ers have already started on a path of valuing players, AND sticking to it. so it makes sense they stick with it now. if you don't stick with it now, all future negotiations are affected.

good teams face higher and higher contracts, so it doesn't get easier from here on.

Amen to that Brother! What some of the youngsters may not know or perhaps not remember is that the salary cap came into existence as much if not more because of our dynasty's of the '80's & 90's as anything else.