• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 10: Lions @ Browns

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1PM Sun. Cleveland is falling apart and no Baker Mayfeild. Lions defense could give them a shot again but I am not holding my breadth.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland still has a formidable defense. It didn't show up against the Pats or Chargers or Cardinals, but they're better than ours.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is falling apart and no Baker Mayfeild

What's up with him ?
I haven't been following with any of his injuries other than the shoulder.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 9, huh.

Defense gets 3 safeties - cool - and some off the street PK makes a 20 yard FG ?
I like to think of this more positive, the offense is running so well that they get 7 FG attempts! and we make 3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with him ?
I haven't been following with any of his injuries other than the shoulder.
He hurt his knee too. Trevor Simeon could be the QB. BM said last night he will try to play though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hurt his knee too. Trevor Simeon could be the QB. BM said last night he will try to play though.

Are you sure his OB-GYN didn't suggest that he takes a day of rest ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think of this more positive, the offense is running so well that they get 7 FG attempts! and we make 3

That about sums it up for our red-zone woes. We're one of the 3 or 4 worst in the league - If my memory is correct - I wouldn't count on it - My memory being correct.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB, Jason Cabinda, is/has been partaking in the meeting rooms for TE's with position coach, Ben Johnson, since a couple weeks into reg-season. This is a good move on his part to better himself in blocking and exposing himself to acquire more knowledge in route running too, I would think.

This past off-season he was studying film of 49'ers FB Kyle Juszcyzk.

“I’m, from that standpoint, a tight end,” Cabinda said. “It just shows they feel like there’s a lot of place I can grow, there’s more that I can do. So they’re just trying to continue to make me grow and continue to help me to develop as a player.”

“Going into every game, I’m prepared to play fullback, I’m prepared to play H (back), I’m prepared to play tight end,” Cabinda said. “But then I’m a smart guy. I handle my business, I study and ask questions and make sure I’m up to date with everything. It’s really just focus. That’s really all it is, staying disciplined.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that we may see Tim Boyle at the helm of this ship this coming weekend. Goff hasn't practiced yesterday or today. Boyle would have to be activated off the IR by Saturday in order to play.

“Even though he couldn’t go out and practice physically (previously), he’s been in it mentally,” offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn said of Boyle on Thursday. “He’s a pretty sharp kid. He threw well yesterday, and if he has to go, then we have full confidence in him that he gets the job done.”

The Lions are still hoping Goff’s oblique injury “calms down” and allows him to throw with precision, but if he is unable, the plan appears to be to activate Boyle from injured reserve and start him against the Browns. If it comes to that, Lynn believes Boyle’s skill set would allow the Lions to run the same game plan they would typically use with Goff.

“It definitely doesn’t close any of the playbook,” Lynn said. “He can handle it all. He’s just been out for a while. You saw some rust yesterday, but don’t expect to see those today and if we have to go with him, I’m sure we’ll be fine.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

Pretty much shows the confidence Holmes, DC and Lynn have in Blough as he's healthy.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 9, huh.

Defense gets 3 safeties - cool - and some off the street PK makes a 20 yard FG ?
That works too... 3 field goals or a td with no extra point and a field goal. I think 3 safeties in a game would be a new NFL record (of 2) and that would be a positive, but, I'm pretty sure the Lions deal in negatives... meaning they would give up the 3 safeties first.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boyle is expected to make his first career start Sunday for the Lions after Jared Goff missed his third straight practice with a strained oblique.

Ruled OUT​

• RB Jermar Jefferson (knee/ankle)
  • OL Matt Nelson (ankle)
  • EDGE Trey Flowers (knee)
worked out a deal with offensive tackle Dan Skipper to join the practice squad, which was announced early Friday morning. Look for Will Holden or Skipper (if elevated for the game) to fill Nelson’s OT3 and sixth offensive lineman role.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for the Lions, Jamaal Williams is set to return and re-assume RB2 duties

Questionable​

• RB Jamaal Williams (thigh)
  • WR Trinity Benson (knee)
  • LT Taylor Decker (elbow)
  • SAF Tracy Walker (concussion)
Godwin Igwebuike will assume RB3 duties.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Goff is out for 4 weeks.
I'm not wishing or liking him being injured but want to see what Boyle can do for more than 1 game

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FB, Jason Cabinda, is/has been partaking in the meeting rooms for TE's with position coach, Ben Johnson, since a couple weeks into reg-season. This is a good move on his part to better himself in blocking and exposing himself to acquire more knowledge in route running too, I would think.

This past off-season he was studying film of 49'ers FB Kyle Juszcyzk.

“I’m, from that standpoint, a tight end,” Cabinda said. “It just shows they feel like there’s a lot of place I can grow, there’s more that I can do. So they’re just trying to continue to make me grow and continue to help me to develop as a player.”

“Going into every game, I’m prepared to play fullback, I’m prepared to play H (back), I’m prepared to play tight end,” Cabinda said. “But then I’m a smart guy. I handle my business, I study and ask questions and make sure I’m up to date with everything. It’s really just focus. That’s really all it is, staying disciplined.”
I am all for making him an H-back. We are short TEs and we let better RBs go in the off season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Goff is out for 4 weeks.
I'm not wishing or liking him being injured but want to see what Boyle can do for more than 1 game
I also dont want to take the chance of winning a game either.