• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dariu$ $lay

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Lions would have suffered with Suh.:L

Every team would love to have a player like Suh, including the Lions. Only one team was willing to vastly overpay him and suffered this year and will continue to suffer because of that contract.

Here are the interior linemen totals by team for the championship games this weekend. For 3-4 teams -- I will list all 3.

Denver -- 2 DE's and a NT -- Total salaries 3.4 million
NE -- 2 DT's -- Total salaries 1.63 million

Arizona -- 2 DE's and a NT -- Total salaries 10.1 million
Carolina -- 2 DT's -- Total salaries 2.1

The 4 remaining teams -- the total of 10 interior linemen less than 18 million COMBINED or 1 million less than what Miami is paying Suh.

The DT position can be replaced -- which is why I continued to say, IF Suh were putting up JJ Watt type stats from the DT position -- I was all for signing him to whatever they'd like. Fact is -- Detroit's defense was mediocre until Austin brought in his scheme. Even getting lambasted by injuries -- Detroit put up a defense that looked no different than when we had Suh and Fairley and Levy and Tulloch (pre-injury).

The way Suh is talked about -- it is as if he led the Lions to championships or even top 10 defenses over his 5 years. We were average to mediocre defensively WITH him until Austin was hired. Miami is going to be looking at the same thing unless they hit homeruns in multiple drafts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind Fred. He's obsessed. Just not sure with whom he's more fatally attracted to, Suh or Swarm?

Fatal attraction? You mean, like the jobless creeper stalking the internet to try and find out someone's identity (which I still get a good laugh at, as it isn't even me). I give you an A for effort though. And a P for Pathetic.

I still have a job waiting for you -- say the word and we will put your GED to good use. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using casual fan logic, Austin made the Lions D look like a bottom 10 unit in points allowed. No wonder half the league has no interest in him as a HC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fatal attraction? You mean, like the jobless creeper stalking the internet to try and find out someone's identity (which I still get a good laugh at, as it isn't even me). I give you an A for effort though. And a P for Pathetic.

I still have a job waiting for you -- say the word and we will put your GED to good use. :)

I give you a W for Wigger and a P for pussy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using casual fan logic, Austin made the Lions D look like a bottom 10 unit in points allowed. No wonder half the league has no interest in his as a HC.

Yes -- we all got to see how little Suh missed Austin's scheme. He really turned the Dolphins around.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you a W for Wigger and a P for pussy.

:pound::pound::pound::pound: Come on TP. No reason to get bent out of shape. I gave you an A for your failed stalking effort. Any grown man lonely enough to stalk the internet for another grown man deserves at least that much. It isn't creepy at all. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- we all got to see how little Suh missed Austin's scheme. He really turned the Dolphins around.

Meanwhile Austin's Suh-less defense gave up a whopping 118 points MORE this year than last year without him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::pound::pound::pound: Come on TP. No reason to get bent out of shape. I gave you an A for your failed stalking effort. Any grown man lonely enough to stalk the internet for another grown man deserves at least that much. It isn't creepy at all. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Dude, you're a top 20 GT player in the world. You're practically famous.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Austin's Suh-less defense gave up a whopping 118 points MORE this year than last year without him.
Yeah... I would say that was a product of not having depth in the d line after losing not just suh but two other quality DT's and a quality DE.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I would say that was a product of not having depth in the d line after losing not just suh but two other quality DT's and a quality DE.

Exactly. You don't lose your best defensive player and his supporting cast and expect to win based solely on scheme.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team would love to have a player like Suh, including the Lions. Only one team was willing to vastly overpay him and suffered this year and will continue to suffer because of that contract.

Here are the interior linemen totals by team for the championship games this weekend. For 3-4 teams -- I will list all 3.

The 4 remaining teams -- the total of 10 interior linemen less than 18 million COMBINED or 1 million less than what Miami is paying Suh.

The DT position can be replaced -- which is why I continued to say, IF Suh were putting up JJ Watt type stats from the DT position -- I was all for signing him to whatever they'd like. Fact is -- Detroit's defense was mediocre until Austin brought in his scheme. Even getting lambasted by injuries -- Detroit put up a defense that looked no different than when we had Suh and Fairley and Levy and Tulloch (pre-injury).

The way Suh is talked about -- it is as if he led the Lions to championships or even top 10 defenses over his 5 years. We were average to mediocre defensively WITH him until Austin was hired. Miami is going to be looking at the same thing unless they hit homeruns in multiple drafts.

Cool story, one day I might read it. I stopped once you went the money route again. Has nothing to do with Lions missing him on defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will break it down for you. Smart franchise don't overpay for the DT position. Best move Mayhew made was to let him walk for the money he wanted.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will break it down for you. Smart franchise don't overpay for the DT position. Best move Mayhew made was to let him walk for the money he wanted.

Mayhews Lions were a smart franchise now!?

:wtf:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Carolina, Star is on his Rookie contract, he will be making WAY more then that soon. and he is the engine that runs that line.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Mebert, Kawaan Short is their best DT. He was named 2nd team all-pro and to the pro bowl this past year. Star is a quality DT, but Short is the best DT on their team.

He had more sacks(11) this year than Suh has had in any of his 6 seasons. He also forced 3 fumbles, which is more than Suh has forced in 6 years combined. He also recovered more fumbles last year's than Suh has in 6 years combined.

What I'm saying is. Suh is really good, but there are a lot of really good defensive tackles and the amount of money spent by Miami on one DT is going to cripple them. At some point people are going to realize why it was two teams bidding on Suh at the end and not 32. Everyone wants a player like Suh on their team, but not every team is dumb enough to mortgage the future to get it done

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team wants a guy who (according to casual fan) has lost a step and only produces in garbage time?

Get the shovels, cause the shit is getting awfully thick in here fellas.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on TP. Don't get bent out of shape. This casual fan is trying to explain football to you. Listen up, you may learn something.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on TP. Don't get bent out of shape. This casual fan is trying to explain football to you. Listen up, you may learn something.

I learned that you think the Lions were a smart organization under Mayhew. Explains why both him and you are unemployed now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making one smart decision and being a smart organization is SLIGHTLY different. I wouldn't expect someone with a GED to grasp something so complex. I will use smaller words and type everything out so u can follow along.

And u are right, I'm not employed by anyone. I own my own business, which is why you have a standing job offer so you can stop living off the state and pretending you have a job. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you send references for employment. Please make sure they are real people and not 'advertising buddies'