• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Nobody wants the Lakers job.

Are you saying because of LBJ or in general ?

Yeah, and I've said in the past that maybe they win a title or 2.

On the other hand, at the time he was fired, they were 6-6 after having been swept in the conference finals.

In Phils first season, they won the title and went on to 3-peat.
Trojan who do you want to run the ship ahead ?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he’s saying it because no one has been hired yet….

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s saying it because no one has been hired yet….
If Sam Casell was offered that job I think he would take it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. It's about having a coach get through to the player and convince them to involve their teammates. Ability/skill doesn't matter. Changing/altering the mindset is what matters.
I mean someone not named Phil got Westbrook to pass more.......but what are you implying? Phillip has Westbrook instead of Kobe and his teams would be as successful as he'd get through to him?

and cool...Phil's better than Harris and Rambis.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...but he implied all Xs and Os is easy. are you saying Phillip can handle the easy Xs and Os but needs his assistants for the tough ones?

Oh...sorry Q. And Uconn/Hurley are great.

That's why I posted the difference between basic and in game X's and O's.

And yes, Phil needed his assistants to assist with in game X's and O's. All HC's need that, even the ones that are good at in game X's and O's. The ones that are good at in game X's and O's just don't need as much help from assistants.

Phils best in game coaching was in understanding that sometimes you have to let your superstar be a superstar and operate outside of the offense and on knowing when to "turn them loose". There are stories of both MJ and Kobe wanting to take over games and Phil saying, "not yet".

That's the part that coaches like Brown and Harris struggled with. So, Phil would need more help from assistants with in game X's and O's while Brown would need more help from assistants on dealing with stars.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sam Casell was offered that job I think he would take it

If they're going to hire someone with no HC experience, he'd be the one I'd like them to hire.

Not sure why no one has given him a shot.

Maybe he doesn't interview well?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're going to hire someone with no HC experience, he'd be the one I'd like them to hire.

I think he would be perfect. He has cred and knows everyone in the NBa

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rejoice,Reddick is getting the full interview this weekend.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For HC?

Now that Hurley is out...

In no particular order Borrego, Cassell or Jay Wright (who was said to have emerged as a "stealth candidate" over the weekend).

Redick seems like a reach into the past to try to get another Pat Riley...not sure you get more than one of those in a lifetime.

Maybe Redick would be the right hire, if nothing else, maybe his relationship with Lebron will eliminate a lot of the "Lebron doesn't like the coach" drama we seem to see every season.

But I'd rather see them bring him in as a sniper off the bench than as HC. lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t coach girls basketball dummy. And you know that.

What I am referring to is when you bet me that you could make more FTs out of 100 than I could 3s.

You are out of your depth. Can’t talk basketball with me, so all you have is to pick at trivial details of my posts.

I coached boys varsity for 15 years and was part of many highly successful teams including a state champ. Many former players went on to get scholarships and play D1.
It is what he does....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean someone not named Phil got Westbrook to pass more.......but what are you implying? Phillip has Westbrook instead of Kobe and his teams would be as successful as he'd get through to him?

and cool...Phil's better than Harris and Rambis.

Who was that? It wasn't anyone who coached him in his prime.

Or do you think that because he averaged a triple double a couple of time it means he was trusting his teammates and passing more?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be perfect. He has cred and knows everyone in the NBa

Yeah, that's why I wondered if maybe he doesn't interview well.

I remember being in management years ago...one of the worst hires I ever made was one of the best interviews and one of the best hires I made was a bad interview. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers clearly aren't in a rush.

Don't want them to rush the hire, but they also need to, as my Dad used to say, "get a move on" because the draft is soon and it would be a good idea to get his input.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I posted the difference between basic and in game X's and O's.

And yes, Phil needed his assistants to assist with in game X's and O's. All HC's need that, even the ones that are good at in game X's and O's. The ones that are good at in game X's and O's just don't need as much help from assistants.

Phils best in game coaching was in understanding that sometimes you have to let your superstar be a superstar and operate outside of the offense and on knowing when to "turn them loose". There are stories of both MJ and Kobe wanting to take over games and Phil saying, "not yet".

That's the part that coaches like Brown and Harris struggled with. So, Phil would need more help from assistants with in game X's and O's while Brown would need more help from assistants on dealing with stars.
This can and maybe even is all true though I think possibly Brown could figure things out if he had to deal with elite of elite stars.....and, sure, maybe Phil could get things down when he didn't have the most talent though his time in LA under those circumstances says otherwise (hell of an MJ-less season in Chicago though).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that? It wasn't anyone who coached him in his prime.

Or do you think that because he averaged a triple double a couple of time it means he was trusting his teammates and passing more?
Curious what makes you think MJ trusted his teammates and passed more due to Phil other than a couple passes where he made the right play and it worked in the Finals?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want them to rush the hire, but they also need to, as my Dad used to say, "get a move on" because the draft is soon and it would be a good idea to get his input.
Kind of how I feel about ours. I mean, maybe we need to rush a little more IF there is a guy both teams want who likes to be near a beach.