• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually work very well because it's the same issue.

MJ, Kobe and Westbrook are 3 great players who all had trouble with the idea of sharing the ball.

Phil got through to MJ and Kobe resulting in 11 rings between the 2 of them.

No one got through to Westbrook and he's ringless.

I don't think it's "out there" to wonder if Westbrook could have at least gotten a ring or 2 if he'd had a coach that could convince him to trust his teammates more.

Or for that matter, how many fewer rings might MJ or Kobe have if no one convinced them to trust their teammates.
couple things that need to be taken in consideration, though, is Westbrook wouldn't share the ball as a PG and he's not nearly as good as MJ or Kobe which does factor into this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too hard for people to see it with the value of hindsight and what these guys actually accomplished.

Scott Brooks was a horrible coach. Let Russ do whatever he wanted it seemed.

But give MJ and Pip a Scott Brooks?

And give Russ and KD a Phil?

History would remember those players differently.
maybe...or maybe they remember the coaches differently.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are fighting over nonsense instead of the important things

1) hurley turned down both kentucky and the lakers in the same offseason

And

2) the university of Connecticut won back to back national championships in April 2023 and 2024

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with that.

Horace Grant also.
Pretty sure they went no further in year 1 with PJ than the previous season with Collins. Did take off in year 2. Was it Phillip, though, or the players getting better as many do as they get closer to their prime seasons?

MJ, Grant and Pippen were 25, 25 and 23 last season with Collins. Year they won a title it was 27, 27 and 25. I think that makes a big difference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Del Harris is a good example of a guy who was a good "teacher of the game", but not great at relating to his stars.
Might be right....but like PJ taking over for Collins (with MJ and the other studs still kind of young) same is true in his last full season with Shaq and Kobe who were only 25 and 19 (heck, Fisher was only 23). In their title season with Phil they were 27, 21 and 25.

In between collins and Phil they took a step back with Rambis, too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which doubting you are talking about. I can agree coaching a youth league does not equal NBA level. Neither does coaching a girls league. so we can end that part of this here.

Larry Browns's title team had..no MVP caliber players on it. Other title teams you saw that could make that claim? Any by Phillip....and how many did he win without either arguably the best player ever or the best in the sport at time (maybe even best 2)?

I didn’t coach girls basketball dummy. And you know that.

What I am referring to is when you bet me that you could make more FTs out of 100 than I could 3s.

You are out of your depth. Can’t talk basketball with me, so all you have is to pick at trivial details of my posts.

I coached boys varsity for 15 years and was part of many highly successful teams including a state champ. Many former players went on to get scholarships and play D1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one claimed he was. It has nothing to do with their talent. It's only about all 3 having the same issue with passing the ball.
OK...but he did pass (had a number of assists). Issue might be he's just not nearly as talented as Kobe and MJ.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t coach girls basketball dummy. And you know that.

What I am referring to is when you bet me that you could make more FTs out of 100 than I could 3s.

You are out of your depth. Can’t talk basketball with me, so all you have is to pick at trivial details of my posts.
I actually don't know you don't coach girls but even if it's boys it's not quite the level of the NBA and does not make you an authority. Had a feeling that was what you meant, but still not convinced you did that (cameras can do funny things,. ya know). But no doubt am out of my depth when it comes to recording and showing a recording.

anyone CAN talk basketball with you here.....but it's true you are like a child when it comes to your opinions and someone disagreeing. You cannot see it, but you are. I mean, saying Xs and Os don't matter is no less foolish than thinking Larry Brown is at or even near the top among the best coaches. sorry but it's just not. Same with someone who thinks by their definition Kyrie (or even Love at his best) was a superstar.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't know you don't coach girls but even if it's boys it's not quite the level of the NBA and does not make you an authority. Had a feeling that was what you meant, but still not convinced you did that (cameras can do funny things,. ya know). But no doubt am out of my depth when it comes to recording and showing a recording.

anyone CAN talk basketball with you here.....but it's true you are like a child when it comes to your opinions and someone disagreeing. You cannot see it, but you are.

BS.

I sent you a video. I don’t know how to edit. You gave up because you knew you couldn’t beat my score.

The whole point is that x and o guys are a dime a dozen.

And you would know that if you had an ounce of experience.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are fighting over nonsense instead of the important things

1) hurley turned down both kentucky and the lakers in the same offseason

And

2) the university of Connecticut won back to back national championships in April 2023 and 2024

Hey guys

@tlance
@dtgold88

Lets get back on topic here

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

I sent you a video. I don’t know how to edit. You gave up because you knew you couldn’t beat my score.

The whole point is that x and o guys are a dime a dozen.

And you would know that if you had an ounce of experience.
and a video can be doctored. Was it? No idea but it can be.

You are a child and simply cannot handle it when someone disagrees with you. Even if it's something as unprovable as what we are talking about here.

But in this discussion you will continue to prove my point you are a child.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a video can be doctored. Was it? No idea but it can be.

You are a child and simply cannot handle it when someone disagrees with you. Even if it's something as unprovable as what we are talking about here.

But in this discussion you will continue to prove my point you are a child.

You know damn well it wasn’t doctored.

Calling my integrity into question is garbage even for you.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...congrats on keeping your coach and good luck on a 3 peat. Unless my team can do something crazy I hope he/they get it.

What was oh states issue?

Besides not having Dan hurley as it’s hc?

(See, that’s how you keep it on topic lol)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well it wasn’t doctored.

Calling my integrity into question is garbage even for you.
I don't....but oh, the irony of that comment. I also knew you couldn't do what you told Q you would, but I'll help you out in this thread as I do have self control. You can go ahead and get the last word when it comes to this topic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was oh states issue?

Besides not having Dan hurley as it’s hc?

(See, that’s how you keep it on topic lol)
Having maybe the opposite of Hurley when it comes to on court coaching? too bad as he was a decent (but not great) recruiter.

Can only hope his replacement can recruit as well or better and be a far better game coach. Small sample size seemed like he could (the latter).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having maybe the opposite of Hurley when it comes to on court coaching? too bad as he was a decent (but not great) recruiter.

Can only hope his replacement can recruit as well or better and be a far better game coach. Small sample size seemed like he could (the latter).

He was a good coach in the big East

So wonder if it was better recruits but worse fit issue

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a good coach in the big East

So wonder if it was better recruits but worse fit issue
Are we talking Holtman? If so, his replacement was able to win with the same guys after he left.

It's not that I didn't like Holtman and he did look like a decent coach earlier in career here, but just wasn't getting it done. Don';t recall where he went but I wish him luck there.