• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What drama?
He's a clown. Thinks he can give advice on any topic simply because he can play basketball. he just doesn't seem to get it that no one cares what he thinks about politics or societal issues or how much he hates Trump

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this for real?

How many psychologists are 6’8” former NBA players with super high basketball IQ?

You think a random suit is getting buy in from NBA players?
To me, the "is this for real" comment in all this was you saying Xs and Os is easy.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is facts.

Kyrie is not a superstar.

Superstars can carry teams. Kyrie is not that guy.

Unless, he is playing with a legit MVP level guy. Then he can look like the real thing.
Of course he is. He's one of the top players in the league. He's a fool but he's a great basketball player. Your last line describes Lebron James to a tee.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his freshman weren’t allowed to play on Varsity.

I honestly don’t know if it’s true or if I just have imagined it, but I think schollys were different then. Like you could have way more. Maybe I’m wrong. Idk.

Don’t want to take anything away from Wooden. He dominated for years.

And was a real old school Piston…
Oh for sure....obviously whatever the rules were then he knew how to work them. and must have been a hell of a recruit.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your selective anger, it's funny. There's an NBAer out there right now that joined a team he couldn't beat that were the 2x defending conference champs with the 2x league MVP. Then he walked away from a dynasty to team up with Harden & Kyrie. Got the coach fired. Then demanded a trade. No issue with that though.

Spare you your ego nonsense. You just hate-hate-hate LeBron.
He's an idiot. Anyone who leaves the Warriors is a fool. But you don't hear him constantly trying to put the spotlight on himself like James does. He is sickening.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said he wasn’t a coach.

Phil can do Xs and Os just fine. But he delegated to guys who could specialize and do it better.

While he worried about more important things like managing Dennis Rodman and keeping Shaq and Kobe from killing each other.
Your comments make Philip out to be a glorified psychologist. Not a coach. You think he has more success if no shaq/Kobe but lesser guys who played nicer together?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is. He's one of the top players in the league. He's a fool but he's a great basketball player. Your last line describes Lebron James to a tee.
He’s prolly one of the most intelligent guys in the league imo. He just not overly focused.

He is not a superstar. Never has been never will be.

Might wind up a HOFer. Most HOFers weren’t superstars though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm….

They took the Knicks to game 7 and lost an extremely controversial game 5 where the refs called a non-existent shooting foul sending Hubert Davis to the line to hit game winning FTs with basically no time on the clock.

The Knicks went on to lose to the Rockets in game 7 during the OJ Finals.

That team was right there.

Same type of stuff you guys are creaming in your shorts over Larry Brown for.

And you want to make this seem like a negative for PJ?
Hello? did you miss the multiple times where I said THAT was Phillip's best coaching job IMO? I don't think it's a negative at all....only for you who wants it to all be about his rings with the greatest players alive (or maybe ever).

Get it together. You need to do a better job keeping up.....with yourself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could make a case he's a superstar but who was the MVP level player when Lebron won his title (or went to the Finals) with the Cavs? Kyrie never sniffed an MVP.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure....obviously whatever the rules were then he knew how to work them. and must have been a hell of a recruit.
He had a lot of power too.

Never got in any trouble.

But once my boy Larry Brown took over the Bruins, The same booster JW had working things for him, got UCLA on probation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an idiot. Anyone who leaves the Warriors is a fool. But you don't hear him constantly trying to put the spotlight on himself like James does. He is sickening.

You need a kleenex?

Let me guess, you also think he's the only player that flops.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the "is this for real" comment in all this was you saying Xs and Os is easy.

Relatively it is.

There are a lot of coaches who are good X and O guys. Lots. It’s a common skill.

Very few (any?) who can do what Phil did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comments make Philip out to be a glorified psychologist. Not a coach. You think he has more success if no shaq/Kobe but lesser guys who played nicer together?

Never said that.

And have always been clear all along that every coach needs players to win. I have said that probably 100 times on here.

The problem is that when we are talking about GOAT, resume is everything.

Hypothetically, had LeBron stayed in Cleveland his entire career and won 1 ring.

Would be in the GOAT debate?

No.

Would that make him a lesser player?

Also no.

But he is there because he won enough to get there.

Larry Brown hasn’t.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relatively it is.

There are a lot of coaches who are good X and O guys. Lots. It’s a common skill.

Very few (any?) who can do what Phil did.
Yeah this is an opinion and not a very good one. More like the type someone should be called an idiot for having. Ironic, huh?

common skill is having successful seasons with the best of the best players. Did Phillip forget how smart he was when he missed the playoffs in LA?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that.

And have always been clear all along that every coach needs players to win. I have said that probably 100 times on here.

The problem is that when we are talking about GOAT, resume is everything.

Hypothetically, had LeBron stayed in Cleveland his entire career and won 1 ring.

Would be in the GOAT debate?

No.

Would that make him a lesser player?

Also no.

But he is there because he won enough to get there.

Larry Brown hasn’t.
see it's you who brings up the rings and why I ask the question of how many Phillip won in the seasons he did not have MJ or Shaq/Kobe?

Brown has a ring without the best of the best players. Any for Phillip?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is an opinion and not a very good one. More like the type someone should be called an idiot for having. Ironic, huh?

common skill is having successful seasons with the best of the best players. Did Phillip forget how smart he was when he missed the playoffs in LA?

How much coaching experience do you have?

That’s right. None.

I am not a very good X and O guy. But I have been in enough conversations with people who are to know that there are a lot out there.

When he missed the playoffs he had bad players surrounding Kobe.

And I have never said anything about any coach winning without great players.

It doesn’t happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much coaching experience do you have?

That’s right. None.

I am not a very good X and O guy. But I have been in enough conversations with people who are to know that there are a lot out there.

When he missed the playoffs he had bad players surrounding Kobe.

And I have never said anything about any coach winning without great players.

It doesn’t happen.
I have coached youth leagues so none would be wrong. and your coaching girls does not make you an authority...clearly, though, it allows you to offer foolish/comical opinions.

I see.....so having the best player in the game just not enough for Phillip. But give him arguably the second best with Kobe and he has a chance. Too bad he could not get them to play nice a little longer with his assistants handling the Xs and Os for him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have coached youth leagues so none would be wrong. and your coaching girls does not make you an authority...clearly, though, it allows you to offer foolish/comical opinions.

I see.....so having the best player in the game just not enough for Phillip. But give him arguably the second best with Kobe and he has a chance. Too bad he could not get them to play nice a little longer with his assistants handling the Xs and Os for him?

You remember last time you doubted my experience?

Didn’t go well for you.

Coaching your kids youth league is not real coaching experience.

Larry Brown’s championship team had:

4 players all in their prime who appeared in at least 3 all star games. And the one who didn’t was a 4 time all defense 2nd teamer.

2 players who made all NBA 3 + times

So let’s not pretend that they had nothing.

They were very similar to this year’s Boston Celtics who are 2 wins from a ring with a coach many think isn’t very good.

• Bullseye
Reactions: DJ