• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can and maybe even is all true though I think possibly Brown could figure things out if he had to deal with elite of elite stars.....and, sure, maybe Phil could get things down when he didn't have the most talent though his time in LA under those circumstances says otherwise (hell of an MJ-less season in Chicago though).

Agree. Possible Brown could have figured out dealing with stars and Phil could have gotten better at in game X's and O's. Both great coaches, so it stands to reason, they could have addressed those "weaknesses" if they had to.

To be fair, he was facing tougher competition trying to get out of the West than his Bulls faced trying to get out of the East. That was when the Westbrook, KD, Iggy and Harden Thunder emerged.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Possible Brown could have figured out dealing with stars and Phil could have gotten better at in game X's and O's. Both great coaches, so it stands to reason, they could have addressed those "weaknesses" if they had to.

To be fair, he was facing tougher competition trying to get out of the West than his Bulls faced trying to get out of the East. That was when the Westbrook, KD, Iggy and Harden Thunder emerged.
at this point I'm now just waiting for DJ's hard hitting analysis I've come to expect.

Oh....and UConn/Hurley are really good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what makes you think MJ trusted his teammates and passed more due to Phil other than a couple passes where he made the right play and it worked in the Finals?

His scoring stayed pretty close to the same, but his shots per game dropped a bit. Generally speaking, that happens when the ball is moving and other guys are getting shots.

When run properly, the triangle would have that effect because it's based on player movement more than getting the ball to one specific player or having one specific player deciding who gets the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His scoring stayed pretty close to the same, but his shots per game dropped a bit. Generally speaking, that happens when the ball is moving and other guys are getting shots.

When run properly, the triangle would have that effect because it's based on player movement more than getting the ball to one specific player or having one specific player deciding who gets the ball.
Well done Tex then. I kid....I kid. Sort of.

To be fair his shots may also have dropped a bit as he maybe had better players around him?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want them to rush the hire, but they also need to, as my Dad used to say, "get a move on" because the draft is soon and it would be a good idea to get his input.

If it's JJ, it was always going to be a rush due to his TV duties. Might be the only good thing about a potential Boston sweep lol...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's JJ, it was always going to be a rush due to his TV duties. Might be the only good thing about a potential Boston sweep lol...

Not sure if there is some rule about it...but couldn't they hire him while still allowing him to finish his tv duties?

Announcing it during the finals might take attention away from the finals, but all things considered...that might not be a bad thing. lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240613-142355~2.png
I don't care if it's fake....this is funny.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point I'm now just waiting for DJ's hard hitting analysis I've come to expect.

Oh....and UConn/Hurley are really good.
Shut up, rain man.

How many weeks are you gonna argue your point on this topic?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your usual hard hitting analysis (OK, no analysis). oh, the irony.
Yes. Another dark day in Lakers history. Ah well...

J.J. it is...or at least that's what it's looking like...

They were talking about it on ESPN earlier today. They debated that the Lakers simply didn't come in with a strong enough offer...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Another dark day in Lakers history. Ah well...

J.J. it is...or at least that's what it's looking like...

They were talking about it on ESPN earlier today. They debated that the Lakers simply didn't come in with a strong enough offer...

Saw him interviewed on Cowherd. Seems like he was impressed with the offer and the Lakers plans, but he felt the timing wasn't right based on what he has going on at UConn.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your usual hard hitting analysis (OK, no analysis). oh, the irony.
irony GIF

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw him interviewed on Cowherd. Seems like he was impressed with the offer and the Lakers plans, but he felt the timing wasn't right based on what he has going on at UConn.
That does seem fair going for a 3 peat in a good situation where he is. Not like NBA wont be there after next season if he wants.

Might he have made the move if LA was a little more stable? Maybe...but may legit want to go for that 3 peat (or even stay a lot longer).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does seem fair going for a 3 peat in a good situation where he is. Not like NBA wont be there after next season if he wants.

Might he have made the move if LA was a little more stable? Maybe...but may legit want to go for that 3 peat (or even stay a lot longer).

From the way he and Cowherd were talking, it was more about what he has going at UConn and the lifestyle he has in Storrs.

He didn't discuss numbers, but if what I heard was true, the Lakers offer was basically double what UConn was paying him. So there was a real chance of him leaving.

He also said the Lakers weren't "leverage"...said his "leverage" was 2 National Championships and @The Q support.

Whatever UConn offered was obviously close enough to the Lakers offer to convince him to stay.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the way he and Cowherd were talking, it was more about what he has going at UConn and the lifestyle he has in Storrs.

He didn't discuss numbers, but if what I heard was true, the Lakers offer was basically double what UConn was paying him. So there was a real chance of him leaving.

He also said the Lakers weren't "leverage"...said his "leverage" was 2 National Championships and @The Q support.

Whatever UConn offered was obviously close enough to the Lakers offer to convince him to stay.

The man turned down Kentucky and the lakers in the same offseason

The amount of support he is going to get at UConn is going to be absurd

Especially if they can cut a bunch of deadweight sports if this settlement goes through

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Governor is on record saying they are going to make him the highest paid college coach....

Must double as his agent....LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wanted to add. I don't think stability or lack thereof had anything to do with it. Part of the instability is not having a coach, which hiring him would fix. The other part is Lebron's last couple of seasons and transitioning to "post Lebron life" which he'd have a big hand in determining.