• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why MLK day means day games. Whatever...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw what happened last year, Carlisle and Cuban are too stubborn to lose on purpose. The mavericks needlessly won games after they were eliminated. They will either make the playoffs or finish in 9th or 10th place. Finishing in 9th or 10th in the west gives you nothing, but horrible draft position. They owe the Thunder a lottery protected 1st round pick until 2016 or 2017. I want them to make the playoffs so they can pay the Thunder back. Not like this team knows how to draft anyway. I would be furious if we handed the Thunder a top 5 pick in the future. They already have tons of young talent.

Is that because of the Odom trade? I didn't remember that at all. So we don't have a 1st round pick this year?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that because of the Odom trade? I didn't remember that at all. So we don't have a 1st round pick this year?

Yes.... The deal was an 8.9 million trade exception and a protected first round pick. I don't follow the NBA as closely as I do college football,so I wouldn't be able to tell you everywhere the pick has been. Somehow the Rockets ended up with the pick, and sent it to the Thunder to help them acquire Harden. If the Mavs don't make the playoffs in the next few years and Dirk retires. They could regret the Lamar Odom deal more than they do now. It's very important that they qualify for the playoffs for this very reason.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolololol mavs are so bad. Even without Dirk that's a game you should easily win.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes no sense to sit Dirk during this game. This team has talented guards, but would've been a W with Dirk in the line-up. Why don't you rest Dirk when against the Spurs or Thunder? you have to tae advantage of these games because we don't beat anybody that's good.

We should have rested Dirk for the Brooklyn game. He's going to play in that one and we will be 0-2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes no sense to sit Dirk during this game. This team has talented guards, but would've been a W with Dirk in the line-up. Why don't you rest Dirk when against the Spurs or Thunder? you have to tae advantage of these games because we don't beat anybody that's good.

We should have rested Dirk for the Brooklyn game. He's going to play in that one and we will be 0-2.

That's what I said to my friend before the game began. The Spurs don't sit their best players for the easier games, they want to make sure to get those games in the win column. Brooklyn has been playing well, Dirk should of sat out the game on Friday. The Mavericks are a poorly run organization compared to the team directly North of us and directly South of us. It's aggravating.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calderon might have been feeling a little pressure about his starting job. Harris has played well in the last 2. I also thought it was interesting that Monta was riding the pine at the end of the game. He has been turning the ball over too much, along with Marion.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that can happen to this team is to fall out of the 8th spot by about 5 games by the trade deadline. There's no way (I hope) Cuban and Donnie think this team has a chance at competing. They're the dumbest veteran team I've ever seen. Get what you can out of the expiring contract of Marion, and trade VC for a youngster.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that can happen to this team is to fall out of the 8th spot by about 5 games by the trade deadline. There's no way (I hope) Cuban and Donnie think this team has a chance at competing. They're the dumbest veteran team I've ever seen. Get what you can out of the expiring contract of Marion, and trade VC for a youngster.

In reality what will they really get for Marion? If they get rid of Marion and Carter they might as well sell any of the assets they have including Ellis. As long as they're in the mix for a playoff spot I don't see them being sellers at all because remember they still have that arena to sell out every night. They are what they are and I think anybody expecting much better than what they've done was pretty unrealistic IMO.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please just get the 8th seed and pay the thunder back lol

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality what will they really get for Marion? If they get rid of Marion and Carter they might as well sell any of the assets they have including Ellis. As long as they're in the mix for a playoff spot I don't see them being sellers at all because remember they still have that arena to sell out every night. They are what they are and I think anybody expecting much better than what they've done was pretty unrealistic IMO.

They could get something from a contender for Marion and VC. Something is better than nothing. I'm fine with seeing what you can get for any of them. I'm open to moving just about any of them except Ledo and Larkin. I want to see what they can do with another year. I've seen what the rest can do. If we stand pat at the deadline I will be pissed.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Dallas could beat a team like that a full strength. I might believe in their ability.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That guy needs to look at the updated standings..... Mavericks have essentially a 3 game lead on the Grizz now if you factor in the Mavs owning the tie-breaker. Would be awesome if the Mavs won 3 out of 4 going into the break. 3 of the games should be winnable if they just play like they have been playing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what happened to the Jazz? I remember them being a tough matchup a couple years back. I guess losing Deron, Boozer, and Sloan going away really hurt that franchise.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just turned on the NO game to watch Morrow to knock down 3 3's. He's shooting 47.5% from behind the arc (#1 in the NBA). God we just keep making the wrong choices. Hey, we have Ellington though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monta is getting n MRI on his hamstring. As soon as some good things start happening someone goes down. This might sound crazy but I think they can survive without him for a couple of weeks.