• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder has his value, and thats being a defensive and pest guy, being able to hit the open 3 off the drive (still needs to work on that shot though) and maybe taking advantage in size mismatches and maybe even playing the stretch 4, but he's definitely a bench player

Ellington is a one dimensional player that doesn't play D and has a hot and cold jumper

Ellington has been playing well since he's been given a chance.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caron Butler? That guy is terrible, he hasn't been an above average NBA player in at least 6 years, and even then he wasn't worth the hype

He was awesome as a Mav before he got hurt. He was well above average the Mavs Championship year.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an impressive 4th quarter that was. Back to reality. We have to play good teams again.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome as a Mav before he got hurt. He was well above average the Mavs Championship year.

The numbers disagree with you, he was an above average scorer, always was, but he didn't much of anything else

Now he's just terrible and overpriced, he didn't get any younger

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers disagree with you, he was an above average scorer, always was, but he didn't much of anything else

Now he's just terrible and overpriced, he didn't get any younger

He averaged 15 a game for us while shooting 43% from behind the arc. I remember him playing well that year. He shot 38% last year and 36% this year. So yes, for the league minimum I would have liked him back here. The best team in the West agrees with me.

Overpriced? He was bought out. It wouldn't have costed much at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs scored on 10 of 12 possessions at one point in the 4th and didn't gain any ground. That's this team in a nutshell. We can't get stops when we need them against good teams. I'm glad Mark and Donnie felt we should ride this year out and not make any changes that would help us in the future.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs scored on 10 of 12 possessions at one point in the 4th and didn't gain any ground. That's this team in a nutshell. We can't get stops when we need them against good teams. I'm glad Mark and Donnie felt we should ride this year out and not make any changes that would help us in the future.

Mark and "Trader" Donnie always seem to make the wrong decision. I think they over reacted to the CBA...(Chandler and Stevenson should of been retained, nobody else though). The new CBA has exposed our front office, they're a joke. This team better pull out at least 8th seed or their failure will turn full circle. 9th place in the Western conference is the worst position in all of basketball. No lottery pick and no playoffs. How can you entice good players to join you? Shane Larkin was their main target in the draft, should of been MCW. An intelligent front office would of tried to move up 2 spots and get Michael carter Williams. We know they needed a PG. They couldn't even identify the right one. They would of been in position to take a better player if they tanked last year, but Cuban is too stubborn and doesn't want his stupid sell out streak to end. Big whoop Cuban, you charge 4 bucks for nosebleed seats when the bad teams like Detroit are in town, your sell out streak sucks just like your decision making. They need a real GM....

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark and "Trader" Donnie always seem to make the wrong decision. I think they over reacted to the CBA...(Chandler and Stevenson should of been retained, nobody else though). The new CBA has exposed our front office, they're a joke. This team better pull out at least 8th seed or their failure will turn full circle. 9th place in the Western conference is the worst position in all of basketball. No lottery pick and no playoffs. How can you entice good players to join you? Shane Larkin was their main target in the draft, should of been MCW. An intelligent front office would of tried to move up 2 spots and get Michael carter Williams. We know they needed a PG. They couldn't even identify the right one. They would of been in position to take a better player if they tanked last year, but Cuban is too stubborn and doesn't want his stupid sell out streak to end. Big whoop Cuban, you charge 4 bucks for nosebleed seats when the bad teams like Detroit are in town, your sell out streak sucks just like your decision making. They need a real GM....

The CBA has yet to still take full affect. Sure maybe Cubes and them miscalculated a little bit that that's fine. Chandler was great here in 2011 but that was just the 2nd season of his career where he was relatively healthy. At the time I wasn't sure if I was comfortable offering 60 million to him. He's done well in NY but he's also been pretty injured. The money you gave Chandler you had to say that if you have a lot of injuries, is TC a guy you can put a team on his back? Not a chance. Given the new CBA it's critical to be flexible and keep that powder dry. That being said we know just about every contract in the NBA is tradable and I do think that is one area I think Cubes and Donnie miscalculated. That is fine tho...they won't hit on everything...no one will.

How do you know they didn't make a play for MCW? Hindsight is surely 20/20.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBA has yet to still take full affect. Sure maybe Cubes and them miscalculated a little bit that that's fine. Chandler was great here in 2011 but that was just the 2nd season of his career where he was relatively healthy. At the time I wasn't sure if I was comfortable offering 60 million to him. He's done well in NY but he's also been pretty injured. The money you gave Chandler you had to say that if you have a lot of injuries, is TC a guy you can put a team on his back? Not a chance. Given the new CBA it's critical to be flexible and keep that powder dry. That being said we know just about every contract in the NBA is tradable and I do think that is one area I think Cubes and Donnie miscalculated. That is fine tho...they won't hit on everything...no one will.

How do you know they didn't make a play for MCW? Hindsight is surely 20/20.

That's an easy one. After the draft concluded, we were told that Carlisle essentially made the Mavs pick in the first round. We were also told that he wanted Larkin, the first thing they gave to Larkin when he got off the plane was tapes of JJ Barera. Carlisle wanted another JJ. The selection of Larkin also fit into the Mavs strategy of trading down because they wanted to save their cap space in order to give Dwight a max offer. The Mavs were focusing on free agency when they should of focused on the draft. Most of the teams who are doing well today focus on drafting (Spurs, Thunder, Pacers, Blazers). Drafting and player development takes hard work. Donnie and Cuban don't want too or just plain can't evaluate, project, and develop young talent.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet we win 1 (Jazz) out of the next 5. The brass thinks we're good enough when they should have been planning for next year by acquiring talent at the deadline. Good enough to get a bad pick, and bad enough to get swept in the 1st round or miss the playoffs altogether.

I'm ready for baseball.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep talking about not wanting to end up on the mediocrity treadmill, the last 3 years that is all I've seen. These idiots would of been better off rebuilding from scratch.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I watch the Suns game or look at their box score it drives me fucking crazy. Gerald Green has 38 points through 3 quarters against OKC. WE HAD HIM. Carlisle never let him play, and the FO let him go.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I watch the Suns game or look at their box score it drives me fucking crazy. Gerald Green has 38 points through 3 quarters against OKC. WE HAD HIM. Carlisle never let him play, and the FO let him go.

We weren't the only ones who had him though, so it's not like we're the only ones who mis-read things. Plus, when Carlisle did give Green some court time he resorted to being a wild chucker. Gerald Green has always carried the reputation of being a frustrating tease- a ton of potential talent but the inability to put it all together. The Celtics finally got tired of waiting and so did the Mavs (granted, he wasn't given many chances here). But he might be finally starting to find his game.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't the only ones who had him though, so it's not like we're the only ones who mis-read things. Plus, when Carlisle did give Green some court time he resorted to being a wild chucker. Gerald Green has always carried the reputation of being a frustrating tease- a ton of potential talent but the inability to put it all together. The Celtics finally got tired of waiting and so did the Mavs (granted, he wasn't given many chances here). But he might be finally starting to find his game.

The Mavs FO has failed a lot lately. I think they could've done more to land Michael Carter Williams. Supposedly they could of had a chance to get Goran Dragic somehow? I forgot..... Don't get me started on their lazy/ incompetent Free Agency strategy.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs FO has failed a lot lately. I think they could've done more to land Michael Carter Williams. Supposedly they could of had a chance to get Goran Dragic somehow? I forgot..... Don't get me started on their lazy/ incompetent Free Agency strategy.

Agree on all points.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure we all knew the Mavs would blow that 30 point lead.