• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeke should accept the offer on the table. He has zero leverage. If he sits out the season, he loses out on a year towards FA. He has two years left on his deal. He could hold out a couple more years and then get franchised which would pay him top 5 money, which is already being offered anyway. Then he could get franchised again. He's just losing money
Hard to say without knowing the exact deal that is on the table

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak must think he is an elite QB.
Well since he got here. he has won more than Aaron Rodgers.

So there is that.

RedUnderstatedBlacklab-small.gif

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce, try better next time.
no need.
I like wins.

We have a QB that is team oriented. The packers has a Qb that is about him.

I am one of those guys that think team chemistry helps with getting wins. Something Dak has & the elitist does not have. (wins & chemistry) :thumb:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no need.
I like wins.

We have a QB that is team oriented. The packers has a Qb that is about him.

I am one of those guys that think team chemistry helps with getting wins. Something Dak has & the elitist does not have. (wins & chemistry) :thumb:
The Cowboys won't sniff the Super Bowl this season.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he gets there before the Cowboys do.
Rodgers is never getting back to the superbowl.
but
I will bet Dak & the boys has more wins this year than Rodgers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say without knowing the exact deal that is on the table
Ive heard they offered him LBell money. He's not getting Gurley money with 2 years left on his deal and Dak and Amari both up after this season. Jerry won't cave and give him that. He cant. If he does, every player on the roster will start holding out 2 years out

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard they offered him LBell money. He's not getting Gurley money with 2 years left on his deal and Dak and Amari both up after this season. Jerry won't cave and give him that. He cant. If he does, every player on the roster will start holding out 2 years out
yeah I heard they expect to pay him bell money.

They said several other owners thought the gurley contract was crazy.
if he wants gurley money he might have to wait til after his 5th year. it should get over that amount by then.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I heard they expect to pay him bell money.

They said several other owners thought the gurley contract was crazy.
if he wants gurley money he might have to wait til after his 5th year. it should get over that amount by then.
Exactly right. He can really hurt the team by holding out, but Jerry isn't giving him Gurley money with two years left on his deal, he can't. I think Dak gets a dollar more than Wentz in the next week or two and gets resigned and I think the club makes a strong offer to Cooper now and if he doesn't sign, they can always franchise him next year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's all of the details combined that matter. Years, salary, Guaranteed money, etc.

He's just not going to consider signing for what Bell got. They may get Zeke for the $13M per year that Bell got but there is no chance he agrees to that with only $27M guaranteed. I'm fine letting him sit out and anyone that wants to use the Bell contract as a ceiling needs to be too because he isn't signing that. I still think he reports before week 1 without a deal, but since I'm willing to play without him, I'm also willing to call his bluff. Is Jerry? Are most fans?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's all of the details combined that matter. Years, salary, Guaranteed money, etc.

He's just not going to consider signing for what Bell got. They may get Zeke for the $13M per year that Bell got but there is no chance he agrees to that with only $27M guaranteed. I'm fine letting him sit out and anyone that wants to use the Bell contract as a ceiling needs to be too because he isn't signing that. I still think he reports before week 1 without a deal, but since I'm willing to play without him, I'm also willing to call his bluff. Is Jerry? Are most fans?
Here's the thing for Zeke...the Cowboys will keep him the next 4 years whether he gets a new deal or not. It comes down to his next two years salary plus two franchise tags added together vs 4 years of LBell money. He makes more if he signs now

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing for Zeke...the Cowboys will keep him the next 4 years whether he gets a new deal or not. It comes down to his next two years salary plus two franchise tags added together vs 4 years of LBell money. He makes more if he signs now
I would say we only tag him once if it goes down like that and then move on. I think the salary for the next two years is the same regardless. I think it will be an extension if they do something and add 4 years on the back end (maybe with one or two voidable). This is why I think he is going to want a huge SB and guaranteed money. His salary next year is already $9M right? So it's just this years salary that is low and often times the first year is artificially low to help with the cap hit anyway. If I were the Cowboys with Zeke I'd try for a smaller signing bonus and guarantee more of his annual salary. This way if the dope gets suspended it will cost him more and free up cap room.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let him Sit in CABO
Sometimes you just have to Just stand firm on your ability to put a quality team on the field and I include Dak in that same conversation You cant Pay them all and Zeke still has 2 years left on his deal.
he can play out his contract PERIOD and I would not pay Prescott and use the Tag on Prescott next year then move on Then Tag Elliot and maybe tag him again and move on. Dallas has the better hand in the poker game its up to Jerry to not blink and go all in with a pair of KK in his hand.
JMHO