• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is hoarding money when there is no reason to. I'll never understand why fans side with teams over players. Zeke shouldn't play a single game until he gets paid regardless of what you think of him. "You give only what you believe players are worth." That is such a company line. Dak Prescott has won us two divisional titles and a playoff game while making less than 2 million in his first three years starting. Dak has been severely underpaid for years. He should break the market. Fuck what the Cowboys think he is worth.

They cut Hurns to save money WHEN THEY HAD MONEY. Hurns is better than Cobb and Austin. Certainly many people may not agree with that, but the main point is, look at what they did to Hurns. They cut him to save money when they have over 20 million in cap space right now. LET THAT SINK IN.

NOW you are saying you are DONE with Zeke if he doesn't play? Look at how owners don't honor contracts and cut players like Hurns on a whim. Players get thrown in the garbage everyday and nobody cares but when someone like Zeke wants to step up and use his leverage so he can get a guaranteed contract, fans criticize him.
Well this seem pretty much like a one sided point of view.
but if I may point out from the other side.
There is this little thing called the Salary cap.
It is not like the cowboys is sitting 50 or 100 mil under the cap every year claiming look all the money I saved for myself.

They spend the cap every year. Like Stephen Jones said. It is all going out. Just trying to figure out where it gets divi'd out too. Cowboys arent being cheap. They have some major contracts to fit under the cap. maybe you might go ask Dak or Zeke. Hey can you take a paycut so Hurns can have a job? While I let your point sink in. Tell me how that goes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just give them $100M each because they want it. Fans are thankfully not in charge of the purse strings.

Hurns had a gruesome injury and was average at best last year. He signed a one year contract for "up to" $3M. Looks like no one other than you thinks it was a bad move. Dallas offered him a pay cut to stay. He refused. Don't you get that his money will eventually be used for someone else? LET THAT SINK IN

that's right Fuck Zeke, He has two years left on his contract. He isn't even next in line for a deal. If he is back before week 1 I'll welcome him back with open arms. If he misses even one game any fan that sides with him is an idiot.
This is an egregious conclusion to jump to because that's not what I'm saying at all.

Hurns wasn't average at best. He was underutilized just like Cole Beasley was. Yeah, Dallas offered him a pay cut to stay. How fucking nice of them when they had the money to completely honor his contract.. Like I said, I will never understand why fans side with owners over players. What is Hurns money gonna be used for? He had a two year contract. The Cowboys could have honored it but instead insulted him by asking for a pay cut.

The Cowboys made Zeke next in line when they decided to build the team around him rather than the QB. That's Dallas' fault. Now that Zeke wants his money, the Cowboys don't want to honor him by paying him like he's the best RB. And the fans are just completely cool with it because as usual fans never side with the players. Always the owners.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this seem pretty much like a one sided point of view.
but if I may point out from the other side.
There is this little thing called the Salary cap.
It is not like the cowboys is sitting 50 or 100 mil under the cap every year claiming look all the money I saved for myself.

They spend the cap every year. Like Stephen Jones said. It is all going out. Just trying to figure out where it gets divi'd out too. Cowboys arent being cheap. They have some major contracts to fit under the cap. maybe you might go ask Dak or Zeke. Hey can you take a paycut so Hurns can have a job? While I let your point sink in. Tell me how that goes.
The Cowboys are 100% being cheap in this situation. Whether or not they kept Hurns another year doesn't affect Dak, Amari, and Zeke's contract one bit. The Cowboys have plenty of money to sign every one they want which is why it's so mind boggling they would let this shit drag out like this.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an egregious conclusion to jump to because that's not what I'm saying at all.

Hurns wasn't average at best. He was underutilized just like Cole Beasley was. Yeah, Dallas offered him a pay cut to stay. How fucking nice of them when they had the money to completely honor his contract.. Like I said, I will never understand why fans side with owners over players. What is Hurns money gonna be used for? He had a two year contract. The Cowboys could have honored it but instead insulted him by asking for a pay cut.

The Cowboys made Zeke next in line when they decided to build the team around him rather than the QB. That's Dallas' fault. Now that Zeke wants his money, the Cowboys don't want to honor him by paying him like he's the best RB. And the fans are just completely cool with it because as usual fans never side with the players. Always the owners.
Which Cowboys team do you think will do better.

A. Cooper Rush & Zeke as starters
B. Dak & Pollard as starters.

Also a misconception it is built around Zeke.
The success of this team is built around our OL, which we built up even before Zeke got here. Now Zeke definitely benefits from it, but the team is built around the OL.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are 100% being cheap in this situation. Whether or not they kept Hurns another year doesn't affect Dak, Amari, and Zeke's contract one bit. The Cowboys have plenty of money to sign every one they want which is why it's so mind boggling they would let this shit drag out like this.
Ok. Well we will have to agree to disagree.
What I do know. We will account for all of our cap. So if that is true. Cowboys arent pocketing cap money so how are they being cheap?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Cowboys team do you think will do better.

A. Cooper Rush & Zeke as starters
B. Dak & Pollard as starters.

Also a misconception it is built around Zeke.
The success of this team is built around our OL, which we built up even before Zeke got here. Now Zeke definitely benefits from it, but the team is built around the OL.
It's not about that. Zeke is the one holding out and the team didn't do themselves any favors by heavily featuring him more than the QB. He's the first in line now unless Dallas is stupid enough to let him miss games.

Whether it's built around Zeke or not is irrelevant. The point is is that it hasn't been built around the QB like it should be. Zeke has been the one heavily featured in the offense over everyone else. He was force fed 381 touches last year in only 15 games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If they agree on a deal then pay him now. If not wait. The team has all the leverage and is in no hurry and shouldn't be. Why this is even such a topic I don't even get. Here is your offer Dak because we love you and want you as our QB. If you don't like it we'll talk again next year and hopefully you play so well and we have so much team success that we give you even more. But some fans cry we don't just hand out every penny we are under the cap the second a player asks for it when there are 10 more young stars behind Zeke and Dak to be paid also. They'll be the first ones to complain when we can't sign LVE and/or Jaylon because we gave everyone 10% more than they were worth just to make them happy
If Dak doesn't accept the offer within the next two weeks, I think they should do just that, tell Dak they will revisit it after the season, when they can still tag him. Meanwhile, go ahead and sign either Cooper or JSmith to an extension if possible and give them a higher salary this year and a lower year two number.
They are 100% gonna get Dak and Zeke resigned, this year IMO, but as off the wall as it sounds, trading either or both would not be the end of the world. What if you were offered two #1's for either guy(not a given. Name the teams that would give up two #1's and pay Dak $32 million+...you can name 25 that would give that and pay Russell Wilson. Zeke...a RB...maybe). Package the picks to move up, take a QB at the top end of the draft and have him at a fraction of the cost of Dak. If you go through the list of QB's taken the last 3 years in the top half of the first round, the list is pretty damn impressive. And with the money they save, they could keep literally everyone else on the roster. I'm not saying they will do it(they won't) or that they should do it, but they certainly don't HAVE to cave and break the bank for either guy...especially with the way they have been drafting

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Well we will have to agree to disagree.
What I do know. We will account for all of our cap. So if that is true. Cowboys arent pocketing cap money so how are they being cheap?
-The Cowboys as a team with a QB on a friendly rookie deal who's still willing to play and are possibly on the cusp of a Super Bowl appearance had plenty of cap space to make bold moves in free agency and didn't get anyone of relevance.
-They are reluctant to pay market value for their starting QB, RB, and WR.
-They are cutting players to save money.

That's how they are being cheap.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If they agree on a deal then pay him now. If not wait. The team has all the leverage and is in no hurry and shouldn't be. Why this is even such a topic I don't even get. Here is your offer Dak because we love you and want you as our QB. If you don't like it we'll talk again next year and hopefully you play so well and we have so much team success that we give you even more. But some fans cry we don't just hand out every penny we are under the cap the second a player asks for it when there are 10 more young stars behind Zeke and Dak to be paid also. They'll be the first ones to complain when we can't sign LVE and/or Jaylon because we gave everyone 10% more than they were worth just to make them happy
It's a topic, at least to me, because people like you just flat out don't care about the players. You only care about paying a player what you think he's worth. Dak has been way more worth than the 1 million and something he's gotten in his first three years starting, but you'll ignore that. Dak has been underpaid by 20 million in each of his first three seasons, but this means nothing to you because all you care about is saving money and paying Dak what you think he's worth when you should be 100% behind Dak getting the big money that he's been owed for two division titles and a playoff win in only three years starting with a suspect head coach. The team has the leverage. Which is exactly why fans should always be on the sides of the players when they holdout like Zeke is doing. Fans act like they care about players but they really don't, especially when it's time for contract negotiations. This is why I 100% support what Zeke is doing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Hurns was going to help the team he would be here. He wasn't going to be in the top 3 WRs and he doesn't play STs. When a guy's cap hit exceeds his value, you cut him and use the money elsewhere and Of course his money will be used to pay someone else. I don't even get how you can question that.

It's not Zeke's turn. This is what you don't get. Everyone wants Zeke on this team and I suspect most agree he deserves to get at least what Gurley got (I know I would give him more), but not this year and not by taking his ball and going home. What's next, LVE holds out this year because he is underpaid after one season? I'm not siding with the owners, I'm siding with what is best for the TEAM long term. The team isn't built around Zeke. The OL is much more important than him and Dak is more important than him.

I hope they pay Zeke, just not this year unless he wants to take a discount. You can't let the inmates run the asylum or you have chaos and if you fold and give in when a player holds out EVERY player that feels they are underpaid will hold out and guess what, most people feel they are underpaid near the end of their contract

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a topic, at least to me, because people like you just flat out don't care about the players. You only care about paying a player what you think he's worth. Dak has been way more worth than the 1 million and something he's gotten in his first three years starting, but you'll ignore that. Dak has been underpaid by 20 million in each of his first three seasons, but this means nothing to you because all you care about is saving money and paying Dak what you think he's worth when you should be 100% behind Dak getting the big money that he's been owed for two division titles and a playoff win in only three years starting with a suspect head coach. The team has the leverage. Which is exactly why fans should always be on the sides of the players when they holdout like Zeke is doing. Fans act like they care about players but they really don't, especially when it's time for contract negotiations. This is why I 100% support what Zeke is doing.
You have no clue what I feel and to say I don't care about the players is asinine. Are you actually dumb enough to pretend that if I think $30M is enough for Dak (with a year still left on his deal) or if I think making Zeke the highest paid RB in league history, but not until next year is what we should do is not caring about him you are clueless. Especially when he can't stay out of trouble?

Here is an exercise for you. Go through each player on the roster that is underpaid and give them all "what they deserve" and let me know where we stand against the cap. You must have failed Math.

Handling the cap the way you think we should is what Jerry did and what screwed us for years and why we were unable to sign any players to huge FA deals since Brandon Carr. WE have finally turned the corner on that. Let me guess, did you also want to sign ET at any cost? You know that means we cut one of our current players, right? But I bet you didn't "care" about that player, just winning this year...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hurns was going to help the team he would be here. He wasn't going to be in the top 3 WRs and he doesn't play STs. When a guy's cap hit exceeds his value, you cut him and use the money elsewhere and Of course his money will be used to pay someone else. I don't even get how you can question that.

It's not Zeke's turn. This is what you don't get. Everyone wants Zeke on this team and I suspect most agree he deserves to get at least what Gurley got (I know I would give him more), but not this year and not by taking his ball and going home. What's next, LVE holds out this year because he is underpaid after one season? I'm not siding with the owners, I'm siding with what is best for the TEAM long term. The team isn't built around Zeke. The OL is much more important than him and Dak is more important than him.

I hope they pay Zeke, just not this year unless he wants to take a discount. You can't let the inmates run the asylum or you have chaos and if you fold and give in when a player holds out EVERY player that feels they are underpaid will hold out and guess what, most people feel they are underpaid near the end of their contract
Why couldn't have Hurns beat out Cobb and Austin? Cobb is not a good WR. He was not even good with Rodgers recently despite being given tons of opportunity. Austin was never good and is always hurt. Hurns was never given a fair chance in Dallas. Before Amari, the Cowboys wouldn't even commit to a consistent WR line up. That hurt Hurns.

I'm saying it's Zeke's turn because he's holding out. Amari and Dak aren't holding out. When I say the team is built around the RB, I'm talking about the offensive scheme. The offense is 100% built around the RB.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no clue what I feel and to say I don't care about the players is asinine. Are you actually dumb enough to pretend that if I think $30M is enough for Dak (with a year still left on his deal) or if I think making Zeke the highest paid RB in league history, but not until next year is what we should do is not caring about him you are clueless. Especially when he can't stay out of trouble?

Here is an exercise for you. Go through each player on the roster that is underpaid and give them all "what they deserve" and let me know where we stand against the cap. You must have failed Math.

Handling the cap the way you think we should is what Jerry did and what screwed us for years and why we were unable to sign any players to huge FA deals since Brandon Carr. WE have finally turned the corner on that. Let me guess, did you also want to sign ET at any cost? You know that means we cut one of our current players, right? But I bet you didn't "care" about that player, just winning this year...

I have a clue. It's all in your posts. You already showed your feelings towards Zeke. You only care about the players as long as they comply to what you want from them. 30 million isn't the market. Dak deserves what the market dictates. He deserves more than Wentz.

I didn't fail at math. We aren't talking about other players. We are talking about the franchise QB who's led the team to two divisional titles in three years starting while overcoming the pressure of being the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

Handling the cap the way I think? I got killed for saying we should let Zeke walk just a few months ago. Just because I would let Zeke walk doesn't mean I can't support his decision to holdout. I always support any player who is seeking a big deal in the NFL because the NFL is brutal to players. I got killed for wanting Dallas to let Dez walk after 2014 too.

How did we get screwed for years? The Cowboys usually kept everyone they wanted. They always fielded good enough teams to win the division every year. They just couldn't win big games because they never had a SB caliber head coach. Also, the biggest failure of the Romo era was the Roy Williams trade and the 2009 draft that followed it. 2009 draft was the worst all time. Out of 12 picks, they didn't hit on one player. That was way more detrimental to them than not having much cap space. Cap space isn't what screwed Dallas during the Romo era.

The Cowboys could have signed ET and wouldn't have had to cut anybody. Which already proves that even with cap space, the Cowboys still fuck up. Windows close fast in the NFL. If you have a chance to go for it all in one season do it. The Cowboys could have done that this year, but they fucked up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't have Hurns beat out Cobb and Austin? Cobb is not a good WR. He was not even good with Rodgers recently despite being given tons of opportunity. Austin was never good and is always hurt. Hurns was never given a fair chance in Dallas. Before Amari, the Cowboys wouldn't even commit to a consistent WR line up. That hurt Hurns.

I'm saying it's Zeke's turn because he's holding out. Amari and Dak aren't holding out. When I say the team is built around the RB, I'm talking about the offensive scheme. The offense is 100% built around the RB.
Actually I agree with you here. I should have said it wasn't expected that he would crack the top 3 not to make it sound as if he could not. He doesn't play STs. I would have given him a bigger role last year especially with slant passes. For whatever reason the team felt he wasn't worthy and I'm not sure he is healthy yet. You can't pay a #4 WR when you can save $5M by cutting him to use towards other players

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a clue. It's all in your posts. You already showed your feelings towards Zeke. You only care about the players as long as they comply to what you want from them. 30 million isn't the market. Dak deserves what the market dictates. He deserves more than Wentz.

I didn't fail at math. We aren't talking about other players. We are talking about the franchise QB who's led the team to two divisional titles in three years starting while overcoming the pressure of being the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

Handling the cap the way I think? I got killed for saying we should let Zeke walk just a few months ago. Just because I would let Zeke walk doesn't mean I can't support his decision to holdout. I always support any player who is seeking a big deal in the NFL because the NFL is brutal to players. I got killed for wanting Dallas to let Dez walk after 2014 too.

How did we get screwed for years? The Cowboys usually kept everyone they wanted. They always fielded good enough teams to win the division every year. They just couldn't win big games because they never had a SB caliber head coach. Also, the biggest failure of the Romo era was the Roy Williams trade and the 2009 draft that followed it. 2009 draft was the worst all time. Out of 12 picks, they didn't hit on one player. That was way more detrimental to them than not having much cap space. Cap space isn't what screwed Dallas during the Romo era.

The Cowboys could have signed ET and wouldn't have had to cut anybody. Which already proves that even with cap space, the Cowboys still fuck up. Windows close fast in the NFL. If you have a chance to go for it all in one season do it. The Cowboys could have done that this year, but they fucked up.
Wait, you said we should let Zeke walk a few months ago and I'm the one that doesn't care about players because I said I wouldn't pay him until next year and then next year I would make him the highest paid RB in NFL history? Come on, that's not fair. I just don't yield to players holding out. If any player wants to hold out unreasonably like Zeke is (and it is unreasonable), then screw him and let him sit there for 2 years. Then he still will have to come back to us if he wants to play and in the meantime we will pay the players that want to show up and do things the right way and he will run out of money. That's his choice to make. You don't move to the front of the line by doing things the wrong way. If a team allows that then every player will hold out.

They couldn't bring in high $ free agent players to put them over the edge because they had a cap problem. This isn't my opinion, it's a commonly discussed fact.

You choose to go for it in one year. I see a team that can compete for the next 5 plus years and choose that route.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have high hopes for Dak improving this year and for Kitna helping him, but it has been dropping recently. It's crazy how many of the clips I have seen show Dak with poor footwork. While poor footwork alone isn't always a bad thing, with Dak, just by watching his technique you can see when the ball is going to fly on him or just come out poorly. It's very disappointing to see that there seems to be almost no improvement in this area based on all we read about it a couple of months ago except for when he is throwing against air or out of a totally clean pocket. Again, in and of itself this isn't necessarily a problem, but because it was already an ongoing issue with Dak I felt like if he could improve his footwork he would improve his accuracy and ball speed and in particular down the field.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeke should accept the offer on the table. He has zero leverage. If he sits out the season, he loses out on a year towards FA. He has two years left on his deal. He could hold out a couple more years and then get franchised which would pay him top 5 money, which is already being offered anyway. Then he could get franchised again. He's just losing money

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak must think he is an elite QB.