• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Haskins, Is it time to make the switch?

Is it time to make the switch to Dwayne Haskins?

• 1. Yes

• 2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant wait to see us trot out a rusty injury prone colt vs the pats and then have him hurt at the end of the miami game while we are losing 31-10

does anyone think our o/line will be better next year ? penn , gone , flowers maybe gone , TW gone , sherff a holdout or gone and moses with roullier

the o/line excuse shouldnt be the issue, its if he is mentally ready . sooner or later if you have the cannon you have to shoot it

running the scout team wont cut the mustard

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to see Colt. It serves no purpose. Corner is slowly emerging as our biggest need. McLaurin is for real, and Penn is decent. Would love Thomas or Jeudy, but corner will be a major need next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to see Colt. It serves no purpose. Corner is slowly emerging as our biggest need. McLaurin is for real, and Penn is decent. Would love Thomas or Jeudy, but corner will be a major need next year.

LT would have to be the first need in my opinion

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT would have to be the first need in my opinion

Thomas from Georgia would be ideal, but I actually think the Skins and Case are gonna play real well Sunday and win going away. I also still think this team win about six games, which will take us out of the running for a LT like Thomas.

I guess it depends where the value is. Mock drafts shift, so who knows. Moreland doesn't appear ready for primetime yet and you can't count on Dunbar.

If we do end up say 2-14 my ideal scenario is......
1. Trade down for someone who wants Tua only if Haskins looks good. If not, I'm taking Tua and packaging Haskins with Trent in draft day.

2. Jeudy

3. Thomas

I'll probably address corner in free agency even though corner and QB is a position you should try to solve through the draft.$$$

If my math is correct, letting go of Norman, Trent, Reed, and a few others should get us to 80 million in space.

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden names Colt the starter before Haskins has played, he should be fired at that exact moment. Serves no purpose is right.Let colt go at the end of the year and try to Keenum as your back up on the cheap.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas from Georgia would be ideal, but I actually think the Skins and Case are gonna play real well Sunday and win going away. I also still think this team win about six games, which will take us out of the running for a LT like Thomas.

I guess it depends where the value is. Mock drafts shift, so who knows. Moreland doesn't appear ready for primetime yet and you can't count on Dunbar.

If we do end up say 2-14 my ideal scenario is......
1. Trade down for someone who wants Tua only if Haskins looks good. If not, I'm taking Tua and packaging Haskins with Trent in draft day.

2. Jeudy

3. Thomas

I'll probably address corner in free agency even though corner and QB is a position you should try to solve through the draft.$$$

If my math is correct, letting go of Norman, Trent, Reed, and a few others should get us to 80 million in space.

Lets go back to FA Danny? We can get an Archuleta, Haynesworth and a couple of Dlineman that don't work out.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden names Colt the starter before Haskins has played, he should be fired at that exact moment. Serves no purpose is right.Let colt go at the end of the year and try to Keenum as your back up on the cheap.

I believe that there are a lot of folks who support your position, however, I'm now curious about something. Why exactly you believe that Colt was kept in the first place? If he indeed serves NO purpose then why not cut him coming out of camp or release him with a medical settlement?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be fair to Haskins to go against Belichek and the Patriots. If everyone is so hell bent and determined to put him in why not wait until the Miami game?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing that should be in play is can he run the offense at an NFL level ? if he can play him , if not sit him

the opponent shouldnt be the factor

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing that should be in play is can he run the offense at an NFL level ? if he can play him , if not sit him

the opponent shouldnt be the factor

First I disagree, the opponent should be part of the equartion. BB would slice and dice Haskins just like Petibon used to do young inexperienced QBs back in the good old days.

Secondly I have said several times if they are going to make a change it should be during the bye week so he has an extra week to get ready. The fact that it is Miami is just a coincidence.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I disagree, the opponent should be part of the equartion. BB would slice and dice Haskins just like Petibon used to do young inexperienced QBs back in the good old days.

Secondly I have said several times if they are going to make a change it should be during the bye week so he has an extra week to get ready. The fact that it is Miami is just a coincidence.
I expect he would slice and dice the rookie for sure but if he can’t bounce back from that then he isn’t franchise qb material now is he ?

So it goes back to can he run a pro team

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clever use of the "Bye week!":suds::thumb::pound:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sportster, I meant to ask you this because of your coaching experience. Considering our defensive personnel do you believe that we're better suited to run a base 4-3 defense?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With respect to Haskins, my reluctance to start him at any point in the season has more to do with HOW he is or isn't being prepared.

Right now he's the back-up QB to Case. There have been multiple reports that indicate his only work is with the scout team. It is a dereliction of professional coaching practices to rely upon the continued health and decent play of Case Keenum to not give Haskins some first team reps, you know, just in case.

When Gruden says that "he's not ready," this is the reason why and also the reason why his professional debut os doomed to fail. Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if his pending failure, no matter when that takes place, is intentional. I hope that he balls out, despite the efforts to thwart his growth.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sportster, I meant to ask you this because of your coaching experience. Considering our defensive personnel do you believe that we're better suited to run a base 4-3 defense?

The personnel is more suited to playing a 3-4. Even though the team is "officially" a 3-4 they play a lot of 4-3. When you see Kerrigan with his hand in the dirt they are normally in 4-3 or even 4-2-5.

I am thinking if you wanted to 4-3 you'd go Kerrigan and Allen at DE and Settle and Payne at DT. I would have Bostic at MLB and SDH and Holcomb at OLB for speed. On early downs I might see how Anderson does at the SAM LBer position. His strength is against the run.

I think Manusky's defense is too vanilla. I don't think he blitzes enough or even fake blitzes enough. Look how much Chicago moved Mack and Trevathan around. Good defensive coordinators disguise coverages and keep a QB off balance. I think the team has the talent to be good on D, at least the front 7 but I think the coaching is not very good for the NFL level.

Long story short if you really want to go 4-3 I think you would have to change out a couple of players. But I think the biggest problem is coaching on defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The personnel is more suited to playing a 3-4. Even though the team is "officially" a 3-4 they play a lot of 4-3. When you see Kerrigan with his hand in the dirt they are normally in 4-3 or even 4-2-5.

I am thinking if you wanted to 4-3 you'd go Kerrigan and Allen at DE and Settle and Payne at DT. I would have Bostic at MLB and SDH and Holcomb at OLB for speed. On early downs I might see how Anderson does at the SAM LBer position. His strength is against the run.

I think Manusky's defense is too vanilla. I don't think he blitzes enough or even fake blitzes enough. Look how much Chicago moved Mack and Trevathan around. Good defensive coordinators disguise coverages and keep a QB off balance. I think the team has the talent to be good on D, at least the front 7 but I think the coaching is not very good for the NFL level.

Long story short if you really want to go 4-3 I think you would have to change out a couple of players. But I think the biggest problem is coaching on defense.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! The basis of my concern is our absence of a stud NT when we line up in a 3-4 defense and how that might be contributing to this team giving up 426 rush yards over three games. Iron man will occasionally get some push but overall, hat on hat, our guys are losing the battle against the man in front of them almost 100% of the time. (It doesn't help our front seven when our DB's are giving advantages to the opposition receivers either.)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I really appreciate that! The basis of my concern is our absence of a stud NT when we line up in a 3-4 defense and how that might be contributing to this team giving up 426 rush yards over three games. Iron man will occasionally get some push but overall, hat on hat, our guys are losing the battle against the man in front of them almost 100% of the time. (It doesn't help our front seven when our DB's are giving advantages to the opposition receivers either.)

You are spot on. Payne is/should be more than enough. I have said in almost every game that the DL doesn't look like the same one that played in the preseason. With our DLine, and the addition of Collins this team should be much better against the run. It seems we make a play here and there but we have looked soft up the middle and soft on the edges at times.

Now you can also say we played some good rushing teams when it comes to Philly and Dallas. The Iggles just ran all over Green Bay last night. No Preston Smith sighting last night. They ran right up the guy of the Packer defense.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If" you move to a 4-3 next year, it's Sweat & Kerrigan with hands in the dirt, Allen & Payne inside with Ionnadis & Settle rotating in. Holcomb and new comer at OLB with R. Foster in the middle. Bostic filling in at either OLB spot and SDH filling in at MLB. Either way, the secondary needs an upgrade as do our OLB along with coaching.