• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Haskins, Is it time to make the switch?

Is it time to make the switch to Dwayne Haskins?

• 1. Yes

• 2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outsider opinion (yeah, got drawn in by the Haskins talk): should start the Jets game assuming you guys are still struggling. Buy week, so extra #1 reps, and a bad team.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont feel bad for him , he is in year 6 and the same things keep popping up at a coaching level , time management , unprepared teams early in the year and in BIG games , disrepect on and off the field no halftime adjustments .

man if we saw that then you have a case but over and over again it the SOS

I agree with you on this one because I don't feel bad for him either. I'm normally soft hearted when it comes to someone about to lose their job but in my opinion Gruden was never head coaching material to begin with and only a good offensive coordinator at best. With that said, I don't think the best of the best head coaches could win here under the dictatorship of Snyder/Allen. Just ask some of the really good head coaches who have been hired and fired by this dictatorship.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated Zorn. Toward the end Shanahan was a guy I thought they should have sided with. Not because if him, but because I wanted Kyle. Mike's act was starting to grow old on me.

The arrogance to stake his reputation to Beck and Grissman.Grossman. Talking about McNabb's fitness, which insulted all of our intelligence. The whole Haynesworth workout fiasco. The constant leaks to the media. Never mind the fact that he went on national TV and quit on his team only for the players to rally around RG3 and go win the division. Great coach and HOFer but I didnt root for him

Spurrier's lazy ass and all his Gator retreads. No thank you.

Jay, like Norv was a straight shooter and a guy I wanted to see succeed here.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!

I think the Giants will end up regretting starting Daniel Jones so soon too.

Jones is certainly on a high right now but it's New York and today's high there is tomorrows sorrow. In fairness they do have some pieces that they can build upon.

BTW: Barkley is out for 3-4 weeks and this is the time for them to establish his true bonafides'. Like everyone in the NFL, adversity is the true test, how he responds after a bad outing or two, and/or getting physically pounded will go a long way in determining how good or bad he really is.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outsider opinion (yeah, got drawn in by the Haskins talk): should start the Jets game assuming you guys are still struggling. Buy week, so extra #1 reps, and a bad team.

If they want to play him this year then I think that is the right time …. as long as you don't fire Jay at that same time. Guess it could work if you put O'Connell in the drivers seat.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread certainly took a turn towards Gruden's future here so let me chime in on that as well. Gruden is a coach and as coaches go, not a horrible one. What he is not, is a leader of men. Put him in front of the ole' white board and he can draw them up with the very best of them. He's quite capable of teaching the game and how he wants things done, but ask him to do those intangible things that comes with putting a foot or two in some asses, setting a standard and insisting that all must follow or suffer the consequences or being that tough guy example as a manipulative tool to garner the very best out of players who didn't know that there was better in them.

Leadership insists upon one having the ability to adjust on the fly effectively, rally his troops and come out on top consistently. Where our front office consistently gets it wrong unfortunately comes because of their own misunderstanding of the difference between "Coach/teacher" and "Leader of men."

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread certainly took a turn towards Gruden's future here so let me chime in on that as well. Gruden is a coach and as coaches go, not a horrible one. What he is not, is a leader of men. Put him in front of the ole' white board and he can draw them up with the very best of them. He's quite capable of teaching the game and how he wants things done, but ask him to do those intangible things that comes with putting a foot or two in some asses, setting a standard and insisting that all must follow or suffer the consequences or being that tough guy example as a manipulative tool to garner the very best out of players who didn't know that there was better in them.

Leadership insists upon one having the ability to adjust on the fly effectively, rally his troops and come out on top consistently. Where our front office consistently gets it wrong unfortunately comes because of their own misunderstanding of the difference between "Coach/teacher" and "Leader of men."

Norv Turner Part Deaux. Hell of an OC can't get the guys to play for him.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part is that Gruden will definitely land on his feet somewhere nice, and we all know his new team is gonna pound the shit out of the redskins the first time they play.

I just hope its not in the nfc east.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and I think we all have big expectations for Haskins too but let's don't let him get killed before he gets started with someone like Moses saying "I missed my assignment".

Exactly!! The current blocking is putrid at best, I know that Haskins is pretty good at manipulating the pocket but damn this OL is exceptionally bad and the cost to his long term future simply isn't worth the risk.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I contributed to hijacking the thread, my bad Sty. In short, no. The plan should be getting Haskins ready for Miami.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I contributed to hijacking the thread, my bad Sty. In short, no. The plan should be getting Haskins ready for Miami.

No problem, in fact this turn is related to the original question.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Colt is gonna practice Thursday.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Colt is gonna practice Thursday.

So now we know the plan, Colt if ready to go will replace Case, he'll be hurt within two games and depending on how well they are playing the decision on Haskins will be made. I wondered why they kept Colt, now we know that it was to buy time by using up his injury limit!:D