• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler benched... Jimmy Clausen to start vs Lions.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody could have really seen a fiasco of this magnitude coming the Bears in 2014.

That ^
Logic: Approx. $14M to fire, eat the contracts of tresty, emery, and entire coaching staff.
VS
$40M plus to cut Jay and Marshall (you don't want him with some retread QB) PLUS- the added cost and futility of replacing them on the field.
As bad as they both have played at times this year: Where do you get 28 TD passes and 3600 yards?
and a go-to receiver.

The ideas of "rebuilding" ala the Cubs: Sure... sounds good- but where/who is that Theo Epstein of the NFL? And will the Bears get him? NO Idea? Do you really want another 15 years of QB searches.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from a coach who as refused to bench ANYONE!! for two years.
McClellin, Conte, Wright, Mills... Players have played SOOOO bad over the past two seasons and they kept their jobs. But now? "your guy" the guy you agreed to pay... IT DOESN'T make sense!!!
Still pissed.
New Coaching staff, New GM, New Head of football operations... Those guys work with this offensive "talent" for another year. Then you can cut Jay without any big cap hits, if that coach deems it needed.
If people agree that this team has talent on offense and they didn't meet their expectations- then you have to blame the coaching and scheme. If you think the players suck- then you keep the coach and let him rebuild... which is it?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you make this into a bet or put him on your fantasy team?

yawn.

Yeah, I actually drafted him with one of my last picks.

And then dropped him after a week or so, but still drafted him.

Agreed.

Kind of the equivalency of making a thousand dollar bet that you will make a full-court basketball shot. It's pretty dumb… if it goes in, all power to ya. But that doesn't change the fact it was a dumb bet.

Translation: Nobody could have really seen a fiasco of this magnitude coming the Bears in 2014.

How is thinking another Bear's QB is going to be unsuccessful dumb?

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only makes sense if Cutler is just being defiant and not running what Trestman calls. Or if he is telling him to fuck off behind the scenes. Which I would not be surprised about. Cutler does not seem to be a guy that takes an ass chewing well, even when deserved. There is something going on between Tres and Cutler, and maybe he is trying to send a message.
I will say Trestman made McCown look like a real deal QB last year, maybe he thinks Clausen can run the system. We will see, but it is a rough game to throw Clausen out there for.

I feel for you guys. The only thing that makes sense to me since Clausen is almost certainly not going to develop into a starter is that they want to keep Cutler healthy in order to trade him in the offseason.

I suspect they won't get much unless they eat a bad contract in return (like a third or low second). The Rams could be a dance partner since they need to win now and have nothing at QB. They don't really have any bad contracts to send back the other way with Bradford only having a few million of dead money, but if they release Bradford they could take on Cutler's salary.

Getting a second for Cutler wouldn't be worth it to me unless you're ready to totally blow it up and trade everyone over 28.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh… I kind of think the other way around. At this point, why not see what you have in Jimmy?

This should be the same response for everybody that is on the roster that has not played much.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it... what does this do? What for? Why?
For Trestman to show he has accountability? What?
Now everyone is speculating that there is possibly a trade partner asking to "keep him healthy"- It's wildly speculative... who freaking knows.MASONFOR

What makes me laugh is that Clausen is going to be destroyed by the best Dline in the league- They won't be able to run... and Clausen will have to replaced by Jay or David Fales. "Fun bad" is going to be insane on Sunday. I'm really going to laugh when home fans start chanting to bring Jay back! haha.

Who cares........It's time for a change.And Cutler is no longer wanted here...

I said at the beginning of the season this was to be his best year ever or get fuck out or if I had to,I'd run his ass out of town.
He had every component into place.A rb,wars,te,a qb coach guru,a halfway decent o-line,there were no more excuses ever for this guy and to fail miserably they he has,he's gots to go!!!!

I'm all for drafting a qb with the first pick.Tank rest of the games so we are in the midst of the two top qbs in the draft.
Trade Cutler and see what we can get.

Oh and by the way,we won't have to tank any games to lose.I we just so happen to win,itll be the other team tanking.

El Conquistador

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just.........don't have anything to say about this.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler has quit and his attitude is so bad. Would you go to war with Cutler? I think that question is asked everyday by the guys on the Oline.

What else does he need? 2 all pro WR's, all pro TE, good RB, and the Oline is better than it was with Lovie. Sooner or later, you have to pull up your big boy pants and lead your team.

Cutler is just a baby that doesn't want to play balls to the wall.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares........It's time for a change.And Cutler is no longer wanted here...

I said at the beginning of the season this was to be his best year ever or get fuck out or if I had to,I'd run his ass out of town.
He had every component into place.A rb,wars,te,a qb coach guru,a halfway decent o-line,there were no more excuses ever for this guy and to fail miserably they he has,he's gots to go!!!!

I'm all for drafting a qb with the first pick.Tank rest of the games so we are in the midst of the two top qbs in the draft.
Trade Cutler and see what we can get.

Oh and by the way,we won't have to tank any games to lose.I we just so happen to win,itll be the other team tanking.

So when our rookie 2nd or 3rd round draft pick is starting and our defense is still insanely bad, and Marshall starts publicly shaming the QB, and Jeffery chooses to test FA because of this dumpster fire.... and the cap is a mess and we can't sign new players... Just remember People like you ASKED for it. YOU begged for it. And we are going to continue into that abyss of NFL teams who NEED A QB. We had one. And it was pissed away.
:gaah:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually you will learn that stats and bank accounts dont make a QB.

What has Jay done that makes him deserve to keep his job?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to lose? Before the season is over, why not see what the kid can do.

This way when you go into the off season you get a better idea of what options you have.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually you will learn that stats and bank accounts dont make a QB.

What has Jay done that makes him deserve to keep his job?

What has 1/2 of the defense done to keep their job? Mel Tucker? Trestman? Accountability... pahaaa. We have all said that all year too. Why wasn't Marshall held accountable for his crap? Why didn't Briggs get benched after his FU to the team when he said he doesn't care in meetings and only watches the clock?

Anotheridiot- you want this... here you go. Dumpster fire to the grandest degree. The thing I have kept hearing from the haters is- WE have ALL this talent!!- Well if that's true- shouldn't it be on the scheme and coaching? And shouldn't that "talent" be able to turn it around with better coaching? The talent is already signed... under contract. Change schemes and we have a chance.
Remove the "talent" and now we have to find new coaches AND new talent. AND spend A LOT of money, and have a messed up cap situation to boot.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Briggs smirking like he has no cares.
I see Peanut marching up and down the sidelines as if he were the coach.
I think we know which one may have a future in coaching.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is a rookie going against a pretty damn good Bengals defense, Clausen is a sucky backup.

Is that the same pretty damn good Bengals defense that the Steelers hung 42 points on two weeks ago? :scratch:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be the same response for everybody that is on the roster that has not played much.

Agreed.

I really don't care if we treat these last two as pre-season games. Hell… get Fales in their if Clausen doesn't do well. Mix Carey in for a few more series than usual as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Briggs smirking like he has no cares.
I see Peanut marching up and down the sidelines as if he were the coach.
I think we know which one may have a future in coaching.

Yeah. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

Briggs is a dog. Always has been, always will be. Used to play with fire on the field when he was young, but his poor work ethic caught up with him. Resulted in injuries later on in his career, which led to him not giving a shit.

Peanut's great. He says he wants to play one more year. I'd take him back on a small one year deal, and let him keep tutoring Fuller and the young DB's. Then, after that, keep him on as a DB's coach. Or possibly in Chris Harris's current role, as defensive quality control coordinator.

All I know, is that as long as Peanut has desire to be apart of football in ANY capacity at all. We should keep him here.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peanut... has repeatedly said he simply doesn't like football enough to be a coach. Sorry, I din't want to resign him last year. Can't trust him to be healthy. #dumpsterfire!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peanut... has repeatedly said he simply doesn't like football enough to be a coach. Sorry, I din't want to resign him last year. Can't trust him to be healthy. #dumpsterfire!

Never once have heard that. I honestly think you're blatantly making this up, as I have heard the polar opposite from him in several interviews on The Score and ESPN.