• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler benched... Jimmy Clausen to start vs Lions.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be. This decision makes no real sense to any of us, and all we can do is speculate. But it now seems likely the Bears have given up on the Cutler Experiment.

If the Bears are giving up on Cutler, what will they do with his huge contract. I've read that if the Bears cut him loose they have to swallow the 38 million in guaranteed money! OUCH!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears are giving up on Cutler, what will they do with his huge contract. I've read that if the Bears cut him loose they have to swallow the 38 million in guaranteed money! OUCH!
If they can find a team willing to eat his salary in a trade... Oh, if only dreams did come true.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be. This decision makes no real sense to any of us, and all we can do is speculate. But it now seems likely the Bears have given up on the Cutler Experiment.

Yeah, even with another coach, you can't go back to Cutler. They're going to end up eating a shitton of money though because I can't see anyone trading for him with that salary.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can find a team willing to eat his salary in a trade... Oh, if only dreams did come true.

If they do find someone willing to make the trade I have to imagine they'll still have to eat a lot of that contract.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Clauson going to be any worse than Cutler has been lately?

YES he is...
1. His first start since 2010
2. Against the best run defense.
3. With a Oline who just gave up 7 sacks last week
4. No running game/running plays work against bad run defense- let alone the best in the league.
5. Only 2 days of practice...(this is really odd- they cancelled practice today??)
6. With only Alshon and Marty Bennett as reliable receivers.
7. The leagues worst Defense that has given up the most points in the league.
8. With a play caller/Head Coach who knows his job is over.
9. With an OC who helped create dysfunction
10. A offensive unit that has a history of bad penalties. (and poor ST play resulting in bad starting positions)

I'm going to relish every Interception (there will be multiple) Sack (multiple) and fumble- at least one.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!!!

Per adam schefter on twitter. Confirmed and now on ESPN story to follow. ARE YOU KIDDING?
Cutler's wallet must have been too heavy for him to perform.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ownership is clueless. How did they justify giving this guy such a huge contract?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still NOTHING on the Chicago Bears website about this benching. The reason I bring it up- is because it's Bears run. That's where the most "bear friendly" spin always.
NO comments is telling me they are clueless.

This franchise is abysmal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have become a laughing stock.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO playoffs for Bears for another 4-5+ years.

I'm so pissed right now. Stupid. STUPID, STUPID!!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Imo Clausen will be the worst starting QB all season when he starts on Sunday.

Bold statement after seeing what JFF did last week

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be rea here. Jay Cutler blows. If I'm watching the game on Sunday and I don't see his stupid face, I'll be happy. There are so many things wrong with him that it annoys the crap out of me.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I'm seeing it now: Trestman/Kromer/Emery are the biggest hypocritical Pieces of Shit in sports.

They all have basically said: Jay's our guy- he's the one we want- So much so they gave him a huge contract.
When the team has imploded on all accounts, with those three being a major reason for failure. (and Jay included) They are now essentially shifting all blame to Cutler after 14 games in faint hopes of saving face...or if remotely possible their jobs.
I take it that way- because of what that contract represented to me... it told me they believed in him...And now it seems like a plea so they can say: Look it was all his fault. That's why we suck, we shouldn't be fired. I have a big middle finger to the lot of you. You SUCK.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES he is...
1. His first start since 2010
2. Against the best run defense.
3. With a Oline who just gave up 7 sacks last week
4. No running game/running plays work against bad run defense- let alone the best in the league.
5. Only 2 days of practice...(this is really odd- they cancelled practice today??)
6. With only Alshon and Marty Bennett as reliable receivers.
7. The leagues worst Defense that has given up the most points in the league.
8. With a play caller/Head Coach who knows his job is over.
9. With an OC who helped create dysfunction
10. A offensive unit that has a history of bad penalties. (and poor ST play resulting in bad starting positions)

I'm going to relish every Interception (there will be multiple) Sack (multiple) and fumble- at least one.

I disagree. Personally, I think the panthers put Claussen in way too soon and gave up on him too early. After the majority of the season learning the offense, I think Claussen comes in and plays well. the tape on him is so limited right now, and most of the stuff they have is in a different offense. You vastly underrate his weapons too. Jeffery is a baller, Bennett is a good TE, forte is a good receiver out of the backfield, Wilson is unproven, but very talented, and Josh Morgan and Dante Rosario are not bad 5th options. Without Marshall, the bears still have above average receivers in the nfl.

Having said this, I think the bears lose no matter what. I hope Claussen performs well the rest of the year so the front office is more inclined to get rid of Cutler fast.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I'm seeing it now: Trestman/Kromer/Emery are the biggest hypocritical Pieces of Shit in sports.

They all have basically said: Jay's our guy- he's the one we want- So much so they gave him a huge contract.
When the team has imploded on all accounts, with those three being a major reason for failure. (and Jay included) They are now essentially shifting all blame to Cutler after 14 games in faint hopes of saving face...or if remotely possible their jobs.
I take it that way- because of what that contract represented to me... it told me they believed in him...And now it seems like a plea so they can say: Look it was all his fault. That's why we suck, we shouldn't be fired. I have a big middle finger to the lot of you. You SUCK.

Well I'm not going to blame cutler for taking money, anyone would do the same. I don't think they are trying to shift the blame to Cutler. In fact, benching him makes the front office look even worse for giving an unproven QB the highest paid offensive contract in the nfl. I want to keep emery to run drafts, then bring in someone else to handle free agency and contract negotiations.