• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler benched... Jimmy Clausen to start vs Lions.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.m looking forward to that Det GB game. Jimmy played good.

wonder if the nfl will be suspending the center from the Lions for the stomp. Kinda think no, sounds like the game will most probably be flexed to sunday night. Plus, Ego came back into the game right after so I guess it wasnt as bad as it looked.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if the nfl will be suspending the center from the Lions for the stomp. Kinda think no, sounds like the game will most probably be flexed to sunday night. Plus, Ego came back into the game right after so I guess it wasnt as bad as it looked.

They should - it was a deliberate attempt to injure. Glad to hear Ferguson's all right.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The INTENT is what matters to me.

Raiola is world class piece of shit, and has no business in the NFL.

Two of the cheapest, dirtiest plays I've EVER seen in the NFL, happened THIS YEAR, and they were BOTH done by Raiola.

Dirty white boy, maigne.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game. What do you think the score would have been if not for the turnovers and botched punt return by the Lions? It's not about stats. Anyone who watched this game saw that this should have been a Lions blowout. Their bumbling mistakes pretty much gave the Bears the 14 points, and they blew several scoring opportunities. It's absolutely HILARIOUS if people think Clausen was an improvement over Cutler after the offense scored a grand total of 14 points on short field due to turnovers and botched punt. The offense did NOTHING today. Maybe the worst performance of the season.

If, if, if...If fishes were wishes, we'd all have a fry.

How about IF Alshon Jeffrey could catch the fucking ball!? Almost certain, that is the most drops I've ever seen in one game.

You are the one poster on here, that deserves every ounce of shit and name-calling thrown yer way. Your blind love for Cutler is overwhelming. If you did not notice a change in effort from the entire team, you are deaf, dumb and blind. Is Cutler more talented than Clausen? Certainly. But to sit there and say that it was our worst performance of the year, is just fucking ignorant. I would venture to say that it was our BEST performance of the year, in fact, no venturing, just gonna say, IT WAS OUR BEST TEAM-PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR. That is an incredible indictment against Cutler, whether yer dumbass sees it or not.

If you would take Cutler's dick out of your mouth for two seconds, you could see that.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a lion fan living in chicago. The bears showed heart. AND raiola IS a piece of shit. Lions fans have been tired of him for years.

What clausen did was manage the game and dont give detroit gifts. Whay jay does. They let stafford play the role of cutler. Almost worked. Waaaay too many drops by jefferey. Not to mention the missed PI call vs the lions. I think players liked playing for clausen. Notice he didnt hold the ball too long ala jay. 2 sacks by the lions when many fans thought dets line would kill clausen.

But it dont matter now. Jays back. I hope he throws for 400 yds and the team will think like that tebowfan and keep jay as next yrs QB too. Because yds is all that matters. Not how u lead the offense.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, if, if...If fishes were wishes, we'd all have a fry.

How about IF Alshon Jeffrey could catch the fucking ball!? Almost certain, that is the most drops I've ever seen in one game.

You are the one poster on here, that deserves every ounce of shit and name-calling thrown yer way. Your blind love for Cutler is overwhelming. If you did not notice a change in effort from the entire team, you are deaf, dumb and blind. Is Cutler more talented than Clausen? Certainly. But to sit there and say that it was our worst performance of the year, is just fucking ignorant. I would venture to say that it was our BEST performance of the year, in fact, no venturing, just gonna say, IT WAS OUR BEST TEAM-PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR. That is an incredible indictment against Cutler, whether yer dumbass sees it or not.

If you would take Cutler's dick out of your mouth for two seconds, you could see that.

You obviously have reading comprehension issues. I didn't say it was the worst performance of the year by the whole TEAM. I said it was the worst performance of the year by the OFFENSE. Understand the difference. When you get THREE turnovers but only manage to score 14 points the entire game, that is about as ugly as it gets for an offense. They tied for the season low for points with 14 on a day they got 3 turnovers. It's completely reasonable to nominate this as worst performance of the year. There are a couple other games that can be nominated as well but it's not crazy at all to put this game in that discussion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have reading comprehension issues. I didn't say it was the worst performance of the year by the whole TEAM. I said it was the worst performance of the year by the OFFENSE. Understand the difference. When you get THREE turnovers but only manage to score 14 points the entire game, that is about as ugly as it gets for an offense. They tied for the season low for points with 14 on a day they got 3 turnovers. It's completely reasonable to nominate this as worst performance of the year. There are a couple other games that can be nominated as well but it's not crazy at all to put this game in that discussion.

I have somewhat defended Cutler (only as far as saying keeping him for another year may make more sense than trying to plug one too many holes with not enough plugs), but to this I need to point out that if this was offensively the worst game of the season by the Bears offense, neither half of it was even close to being the worst offensive half... Cutler has had at least three halves that I could remember off the top of my head that were worse offensively than EITHER half of yesterday's game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you obviously have blinders on. It was not even close to the worst offensive performance of the year. Not by the QB, or the Offense as a whole. You are completely delusional with yer obvious fucking man crush on Jay.

Two of our takeaways were in the redzone, preventing scores.

You act as if they gave us short fields or something.

Clausen gave us a chance to win, something we haven't had much of, all season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just need to own up to the fact that Jay has not played well. He's seeing ghosts, holding on to the ball too long, not trusting his line, coaches or receivers and making poor decisions. None of which have anything to do with anyone but Jay.

This organization is a bag of garbage juice right now, from top down, but non of that excuses Jay for his play. There are no more excuses ATF. Tired of em'.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Clausen's performance was the worst performance by a Bears QB this season. In fact I said Clausen was fine, and victimized by the general problems the offense has had all season under Trestman. The worst performance by a Bears QB this season was Cutler last week against the Saints. Everyone knows that. Cutler had a few bad games, a few mediocre games and a few great games. He was inconsistent, as was the whole offense. With players speaking out against Trestman, it's pretty clear there was complete dysfunction. Cutler never had anything like a 5-10 season before. In fact his record as starting QB under Lovie Smith was very good. Give him a decent defense, and he wins at a good clip. So I think the horrible coaching is most to blame for this season, and Cutler deserves a chance with a new coach next season. That's my opinion and I don't care if you have a problem with it. I'm not the only one to recognize what a disaster Trestman is.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you obviously have blinders on. It was not even close to the worst offensive performance of the year. Not by the QB, or the Offense as a whole. You are completely delusional with yer obvious fucking man crush on Jay.

Two of our takeaways were in the redzone, preventing scores.

You act as if they gave us short fields or something.

Clausen gave us a chance to win, something we haven't had much of, all season.

I didn't say Clausen's performance was the worst performance by a Bears QB this season. In fact I said Clausen was fine, and victimized by the general problems the offense has had all season under Trestman. The worst performance by a Bears QB this season was Cutler last week against the Saints. Everyone knows that. Cutler had a few bad games, a few mediocre games and a few great games. He was inconsistent, as was the whole offense. With players speaking out against Trestman, it's pretty clear there was complete dysfunction. Cutler never had anything like a 5-10 season before. In fact his record as starting QB under Lovie Smith was very good. Give him a decent defense, and he wins at a good clip. So I think the horrible coaching is most to blame for this season, and Cutler deserves a chance with a new coach next season. That's my opinion and I don't care if you have a problem with it. I'm not the only one to recognize what a disaster Trestman is.

:whistle:

Yer going into babble mode. Like a robot, breaking down.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're going overboard when you say Cutler rarely gave the team a chance to win. He gave them a chance to win vs the Cowboys when he started out 10 of 13 for 100 yards with a TD and no INTs. It was Forte's fumble that turned that game. Cutler gave them a chance last time vs the Lions when they scored 14 early points. It wasn't Cutler INTs that turned that game around, as he didn't throw his first INT until later in the 4th quarter. The Green Bay and New England 50 point blowouts, no QB would have had a chance in those games. The defense allowed TDs almost every single Pats and Packers possession. That was just the whole Bears team quitting on the coach. So don't give me this BS that Cutler was the reason why they didn't have a chance much of the times. If you watched the games, you saw massive TEAM breakdowns.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

Yer going into babble mode. Like a robot, breaking down.

Not sure why you're not understanding. I made it very clear that Clausen played ok, but it wasn't enough to help this pathetic offense. 14 points is terrible, but I don't blame Clausen.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're going overboard when you say Cutler rarely gave the team a chance to win. He gave them a chance to win vs the Cowboys when he started out 10 of 13 for 100 yards with a TD and no INTs. It was Forte's fumble that turned that game. Cutler gave them a chance last time vs the Lions when they scored 14 early points. It wasn't Cutler INTs that turned that game around, as he didn't throw his first INT until later in the 4th quarter. The Green Bay and New England 50 point blowouts, no QB would have had a chance in those games. The defense allowed TDs almost every single Pats and Packers possession. That was just the whole Bears team quitting on the coach. So don't give me this BS that Cutler was the reason why they didn't have a chance much of the times. If you watched the games, you saw massive TEAM breakdowns.

7 points in the first half. Stalled drives all game. Buncha garbage-time points.

Couldn't sustain it. Detroit was ill-prepared for the gameplan...adjusted, and the Bears didn't do shit again. This week's Offense was light-years better than Jay's go at it.

You are consistent ATF...I'll give ya that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know, is yesterday's team looked like they would have run thru a wall for Clausen and Clausen looked like he would have run through a wall for them.

Jay looks like he's going to run to a phone to dial a suicide prevention hot-line.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game. What do you think the score would have been if not for the turnovers and botched punt return by the Lions? It's not about stats. Anyone who watched this game saw that this should have been a Lions blowout. Their bumbling mistakes pretty much gave the Bears the 14 points, and they blew several scoring opportunities. It's absolutely HILARIOUS if people think Clausen was an improvement over Cutler after the offense scored a grand total of 14 points on short field due to turnovers and botched punt. The offense did NOTHING today. Maybe the worst performance of the season.

If not for the turnovers,what would the score have been?

What would the scores have been if not forall of Cutlers ints..........lmao

C

cubzzzfanincali

that settles it. I can't believe it took me this long to come to this realization, it's a little embarrassing. But saying something like this game was the offense's worst of the season? Proves what I've suspected, I guess you got me on playing rope a dope.

Troll. Damnit. Well played, hombre. You might have gotten away with it a bit longer too, had you not overextended yourself here.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, standards have dropped, when 14 points and less than 3 turnovers is considered a good offensive day.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, standards have dropped, when 14 points and less than 3 turnovers is considered a good offensive day.

I think the point being made wasn't the "gem of a performance" by Clausen. It was a combination of factors that included:

• playing against a stout Lions D (ranked #2),
  • playing without Marshall and Long,
  • not starting a game since 2010,
  • having the entire team rally around his performance, and
  • running the same offensive scheme by (what some fans feel is a terrible, replaceable coach) Trestman.