• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young thought Wonderlick was a meal at cheesecake factory.

He ate it

I looked it up.....His CF bills are legendary......like $5K a week and $15K in one seating.......blew over $30M of his money......

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things going on:

1. This is how negotiation happens nowadays. The Ravens are leaking the other teams' lack of interest, to strengthen their bargaining position. Derek Carr signed a 4 yr / $150M and Daniel Jones is going to get a multi-year, $40-45M/yr deal, so it takes away potential landing spots for Jackson and whatever passes for his representation.

2. The Ravens are still negotiating with Jackson behind the scenes. Unlike most NFL teams, the Ravens had a competent backup in Tyler Huntley the last few years, though he is an RFA right now, and it's unlikely Baltimore can sign him cheaply. So the front office is looking for continuity and competency, all for an affordable price. There's no scenario where the team doesn't have to shed salary elsewhere, in order to get its #1 & 2 QBs.
Only it is not just Ravens leaking the information. 2 teams that tossed everything they could to try and get Watson unprompted and in damn near record time ran to the podium to announce they are not interested in Jackson.

I am sure part of it is injury concerns, but to believe non of it has to do with attempting to stop fully guaranteed contracts is crazy. I don't think the Watson one factors in because that was Browns being the Browns and the league ignores it.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury concerns outweigh guaranteed contract. kind of as simple as that.

Yup, I'm guessing the Ravens also have a good idea of what shape his knee is in as well......I don't blame them at all for not throwing big money at a guy that relies on his legs more than his arm......

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What value does this have when they’re ranking guys who have played like 4 games or 9 games? Does anyone honestly think that Tannehill or Zappe are better QBs than Lamar Jackson?
cherry pick 2 pieces of data? seriously. The point is he has not played a full season in 3 yrs. He is not in top 10 in anything but rushing as a qb. Why would anyone want to set the market with him? 250 mill guaranteed that is 1 snap away from being done for the season or career? hard pass

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cherry pick 2 pieces of data? seriously. The point is he has not played a full season in 3 yrs. He is not in top 10 in anything but rushing as a qb. Why would anyone want to set the market with him? 250 mill guaranteed that is 1 snap away from being done for the season or career? hard pass
That’s fair to have that opinion. The stat you linked though was fucking worthless haha. 4 games of Bailey Zappe and that’s a thing?!?!?

Also, every QB is one snap away from career over.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up.....His CF bills are legendary......like $5K a week and $15K in one seating.......blew over $30M of his money......

You must be young cause this was some front page news back in the day. Fuck....... been 20 years.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar, IMO, ain't worth the money being discussed or the Draft capital it would take to acquire him. His BadAssery as a QB seems more limited than others who commanded this type of money. Hurts is another but I think he is a better QB than Lamar in other areas besides running. I think the Eagles should literally break the bank for him though. :D

I almost said the same about Mahomes. But he is "special". I do not see Lamar, Hurts, or Watson in that category. Again, MO.

Having said that, I do like to see the back and forth this brings to clubs. I hated it when the Boys went through it.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair to have that opinion. The stat you linked though was fucking worthless haha. 4 games of Bailey Zappe and that’s a thing?!?!?

Also, every QB is one snap away from career over.
True in a far reaching sense but much more likely with him. And don't forget the 3 receivers who have asked to be traded rather than play with him. He is an above average QB who can run very well when healthy, nothing else

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be young cause this was some front page news back in the day. Fuck....... been 20 years.

I wish.....never really followed him.....his gluttony started in 2006, bankrupt by 2014......a nice run......

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True in a far reaching sense but much more likely with him. And don't forget the 3 receivers who have asked to be traded rather than play with him. He is an above average QB who can run very well when healthy, nothing else
Who are these three WRs? Is one of them Lethal Hands of Stone Hollywood Brown?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s definitely a top 10 QB in my eyes. If I’m being honest though it’s because there really aren’t a ton of great QBs in the league right now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar, IMO, ain't worth the money being discussed or the Draft capital it would take to acquire him. His BadAssery as a QB seems more limited than others who commanded this type of money. Hurts is another but I think he is a better QB than Lamar in other areas besides running. I think the Eagles should literally break the bank for him though. :D

I almost said the same about Mahomes. But he is "special". I do not see Lamar, Hurts, or Watson in that category. Again, MO.

Having said that, I do like to see the back and forth this brings to clubs. I hated it when the Boys went through it.
Bwahahaha! Really weird take when Dak Prescott is your QB. But I’m not gonna talk you off your point. I get down on my knees to pray every night and I thank God for the existence of Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott. We may lose the shit show that is Daniel Snyder in this division very soon so I’m even more grateful for the fact that the Cowboys can’t get out of their own way.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith got $35M. Daniel Jones got $45M.

Lamar is way better than both on one leg. If the Jets offer him 5/$50M per, yjr Raven don't have to trade him, just offer him the same and thank the jets for doing all of the leg work.

The reason that teams aren't trying to do anything is that they know it's waste of their time. If Woody starts feeling blood in his groin and offers him 5/$300M, the Ravens might balk.
Daniel Jones only got 82 mil guaranteed. From what I've heard Lamar is looking at Watson's contract as a start and wants all the money guaranteed. On top of that any team getting him is going to lose 2 first rounders. That's a steep price for a guy who has missed 10 games the last 2 years.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is a very difficult QB to value IMO. Yes, his passing stats are pedestrian, but he is a dual threat QB. At his best, like his 2019 season, when he threw for 36 TDs and rushed for 1,200 yards and 7 TDs, he is clearly one of the most dangerous weapons in the game.

But like running backs, will Lamar slow down now due to wear and tear? Will his dual threat ability diminish over time, due to wear and tear and injuries? It sure looks like it might, given his injuries the past few years.

Jalen Hurts may face similar questions as his career progresses. But Hurts unlike Lamar has shown pretty steady improvement as a passer. Lamar has not shown much improvement, though he always seems to do enough to win games and I respect him as a competitor.