• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious as to why some think Kaepernick isn't doing well

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are finally testifying that stats tell the story about what QB's are better than other QB's and that stats equate to skills and ability - Seriously? You sure you want to go with that?

Fuck B, just say you dont have any fucking facts. Just say " I think CK is better because thats my opinion even if there is NOTHING to back it up right now". Thats the real deal so just man up and say it. I dont even fucking like SF and dont give 1 shit about Smith but people that are intellectually disingenous fucking piss me off. Its easy to say that you have no proof but still believe what you think. I am 100% OK with that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that you're too tired, it's that you just got your ass handed to you, and you have nothing further to offer in this discussion.

LOL no fucking way man. You dont get your ass handed to you when you have facts and the other guy has opinion. Nice try though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are finally testifying that stats tell the story about what QB's are better than other QB's and that stats equate to skills and ability - Seriously? You sure you want to go with that?

Fuck B, just say you dont have any fucking facts. Just say " I think CK is better because thats my opinion even if there is NOTHING to back it up right now". Thats the real deal so just man up and say it. I dont even fucking like SF and dont give 1 shit about Smith but people that are intellectually disingenous fucking piss me off. Its easy to say that you have no proof but still believe what you think. I am 100% OK with that.

Save your squirming for the Falcons board and answer my question please. It is the one at the top of this post - Thanks

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no fucking way man. You dont get your ass handed to you when you have facts and the other guy has opinion. Nice try though.

So now you're saying opinions cannot be factual!?! Hahaha!!! Tell me Falcon boy what exactly do you think your facts prove?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rmilia, you'll give yourself heartburn arguing with these guys. Its been like this for years. Bemular doesn't seem to understand what "objective" means, don't go crazy over it.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that Kaepernick doesn't become the message board lightning rod that Alex Smith is/was. To quote the late John Lennon -- "You could say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia, you'll give yourself heartburn arguing with these guys. Its been like this for years. Bemular doesn't seem to understand what "objective" means, don't go crazy over it.

I understand objective just fine - what part of objective do you not understand?

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only problems I have with Kap, really, is throwing into the endzone. I was a little disappointed that I didn't see the same guy balling out there in the Miami game like I did in the prior 4 games. It was like I was watching Alex Smith all over again (other than that that throw to Moss and the 50 yard run).

One thing I like about Kaepernick's athleticism and skills is that it can usually overcome a lot of things such as being outcoached by the other team, having no run game, Oline beaten at the LOS. All those things happened in the 2nd Rams game and Kaepernick managed to still get the offense to the other side. Unfortunately it was his inexperience (along with other things of course) that lost that game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only problems I have with Kap, really, is throwing into the endzone. I was a little disappointed that I didn't see the same guy balling out there in the Miami game like I did in the prior 4 games. It was like I was watching Alex Smith all over again (other than that that throw to Moss and the 50 yard run).

One thing I like about Kaepernick's athleticism and skills is that it can usually overcome a lot of things such as being outcoached by the other team, having no run game, Oline beaten at the LOS. All those things happened in the 2nd Rams game and Kaepernick managed to still get the offense to the other side. Unfortunately it was his inexperience (along with other things of course) that lost that game.

Now that you have 69 posts, 69er, must you stop posting? Just kidding, keep posting until you get to 1,969 or 6,969 posts, which might take a looooong time.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna chime in late and say that I have no "facts." Not because they don't exist but because I really haven't looked. What I have done is seen the Alex years from beginning to present as well as every game Kaep has played in. My opinion is that Kaep is at least as efficient, far more threatening to the defense and obviously has more room to grow. I believe we have just as much chance to compete for a SB this year with Kaep and a much better chance to compete down the road than we do with Smith.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize heartburn is a symptom of stupidity. If you know what you're talking about you wont get heartburn. It's a helluva deal - you should try it sometime.

So, back to your drive-by - what part of objective do you not understand space?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna chime in late and say that I have no "facts." Not because they don't exist but because I really haven't looked. What I have done is seen the Alex years from beginning to present as well as every game Kaep has played in. My opinion is that Kaep is at least as efficient, far more threatening to the defense and obviously has more room to grow. I believe we have just as much chance to compete for a SB this year with Kaep and a much better chance to compete down the road than we do with Smith.

Your opinions have been thoroughly reviewed by a panel of experts and each one has been deemed factual.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You do realize heartburn is a symptom of stupidity. If you know what you're talking about you wont get heartburn. It's a helluva deal - you should try it sometime.

So, back to your drive-by - what part of objective do you not understand space?

Everybody with acid reflux just turned on you.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody with acid reflux just turned on you.

Hahaha!! You're right! I'll confine my comments to 49ers SportsHoopla board oh and ESPN!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bemular, half the things on that list are debatable. But to just point to one that is plainly ridiculous:

It says Kaps lack of experience has not cost us in the W/L column.

He almost single-handedly gave the Rams their win, and I'd say it was directly attributable to his lack of experience when it came to the pitch play. If Smith gets that dubious play call, he doesn't make it worse by trying a crazy pitch to Ginn, and on the small chance he did probably wouldn't have sailed it. The Rams had one good drive in that game, and it didn't even result in points. They had almost nothing other than the points Kap gave them on two sloppy plays.

He's a very promising QB who's playing pretty good football right now. When you try to pretend he's this polished product who is better than Smith in every way it's just the same old nonsense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bemular, half the things on that list are debatable. But to just point to one that is plainly ridiculous:

He almost single-handedly gave the Rams their win, and I'd say it was directly attributable to his lack of experience when it came to the pitch play. If Smith gets that dubious play call, he doesn't make it worse by trying a crazy pitch to Ginn, and on the small chance he did probably wouldn't have sailed it. The Rams had one good drive in that game, and it didn't even result in points. They had almost nothing other than the points Kap gave them on two sloppy plays.

He's a very promising QB who's playing pretty good football right now. When you try to pretend he's this polished product who is better than Smith in every way it's just the same old nonsense.

I think he's trading the Rams game for either the Bears or Saints game - games that Smith could have won or lost. We'll see how Kaep does in these next three games - my guess is we win two of these three (Seattle and Arizona) with Smith (not saying Smith is the reason we'd win), but it easily could be one of three with either QB. New England is the wild card that we are hoping Kaep wins (with defense and running team). Seattle is no gimme with either QB, either way (we have won big games with Smith, too).

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I'm going to defend Kaepernick the same way I defended Smith last year, in that I think the offense led by him will be better next year once he has a full training camp to work on an offense better suited to his talents. But that being said, it appears that the two have performed fairly evenly, so given Kaepernick's obvious physical advantage in running ability and arm --- I'm more comfortable with the decision now. Not that anyone asked me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I'm going to defend Kaepernick the same way I defended Smith last year, in that I think the offense led by him will be better next year once he has a full training camp to work on an offense better suited to his talents. But that being said, it appears that the two have performed fairly evenly, so given Kaepernick's obvious physical advantage in running ability and arm --- I'm more comfortable with the decision now. Not that anyone asked me.

Got this from the comments section - if you remove defensive TDs (one in the Jets game and two in the Saints game):

"Smith has 182 offensive points for an average of 22.8. Kaep has 87 points for an average of 21.8.

Taking all time played, Smith has 189 offensive points in 8.4 games for an average of 21.8. Kaep has 104 offensive points in 5.1 games (.85 games in the first Rams game and 1.25 in the second) for an average of 20.4."​
Pretty even for the past, but I assume the future is favoring Kaep - just my opinion.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats cool man. Like I said I have no horse in the race. Just trying to stir debate. I appreciate OPINIONS when presented as such and FACTS when presented as such. It doesnt mean one is more right than the other. I just dont like opinions stated to me as facts :)