• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious as to why some think Kaepernick isn't doing well

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams take leads, and win games, by scoring points. If you're trying to rest on the fact that he didn't give them the *final* points that actually gave them the lead, then fine, I will concede that pitiful fact. He only gave them 10 of the 13 points in regulation that allowed overtime. He gave the Rams 10 points in a game they had trouble sustaining drives and got into the Niners' red zone, what, once?

You turn me into a critic of Kapernick with your unhinged fanboy stance. I like the guy. But just like with Smith, you seem to let your preconceptions completely overwhelm your perceptions.

That's what YOU'VE done to a lot of people when it comes to Smith.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hilarious. I don't think anyone here is claiming Kaepernick is a top-10 QB.

"You said this..." "you said that". Let's stick to quotes. Nobody claimed anyone said he was a top-10 QB, that is a classic strawman, you reframing the conversation to suit your argument. Bemular made a ridiculous list saying Kap is better than Smith at this or that, and in doing so painted Kapernick as an at least extremely capable QB, far better than a guy who is performing at a high level this year.

But for whatever reason you aren't quite as vigilant about people exaggerating Kap's abilities, that is a shocking development to be sure.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's what YOU'VE done to a lot of people when it comes to Smith

Yeah, I'm the one that made you say Smith's good game vs. PHX was "fraudulent". I pretty much forced you to dump on him constantly, through thick and thin, good games and bad, for years. Good point dude.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You said this..." "you said that". Let's stick to quotes. Nobody claimed anyone said he was a top-10 QB, that is a classic strawman, you reframing the conversation to suit your argument. Bemular made a ridiculous list saying Kap is better than Smith at this or that, and in doing so painted Kapernick as an at least extremely capable QB, far better than a guy who is performing at a high level this year.

But for whatever reason you aren't quite as vigilant about people exaggerating Kap's abilities, that is a shocking development to be sure.

I'm pretty sure someone here did mention that Alex Smith was a top-10 QB. In fact, people like flyingiguana and Viper consistently claimed that Smith was a top-10 QB. Now you have guys like Kinzu who are constantly downplaying Kaep's performances because they didn't agree with Harbaugh's decision.

I don't think Kaep is a top-10 and I have my doubts about him being a franchise QB. In the draft thread in fact I've said a few times that if the right QB is available I'd pull the trigger. But, IMO, his floor is Alex Smith ceiling - especially in this QB friendly system.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two years ago:

Clyde and others: "Smith doesn't belong in the league!!!!"
Us: "He's not that bad, he's just a product of a terrible system"

Now:

Us: "Smith is an above average QB in a great situation, allowing him to play at a high level"
Clyde and crew: "Why don't you get off his dick you groupies?!??!"

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm the one that made you say Smith's good game vs. PHX was "fraudulent". I pretty much forced you to dump on him constantly, through thick and thin, good games and bad, for years. Good point dude.

Hah. It was fraudulent compared to what people were saying about it. I readily admitted it was a good game, but also that his stats were overinflated and not true to his performance.

But no, that was blasphemy to you.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago:

Clyde and others: "Smith doesn't belong in the league!!!!"
Us: "He's not that bad, he's just a product of a terrible system"

Now:

Us: "Smith is an above average QB in a great situation, allowing him to play at a high level"
Clyde and crew: "Why don't you get off his dick you groupies?!??!"

Hyperbole for the win!

I never said Alex Smith should be outta the league, but two years ago (pre-Harbaugh) he was terrible. He has developed into a marginal/mediocre since then, but I don't see the potential for more.

Did Smith buy you knee pads for the rug yet?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but also that his stats were overinflated and not true to his performance.

The problem comes when you do this *every single time* he does something well, and literally never come out on his side on any issue. Look, there's not a reasonable person on this board that would agree that you are fair toward Smith. Don't even bother trying to justify this.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You keep accusing me of cherry picking stats. Show me the stats that back up your assertion that Kaep is better. We already know its not PPG, its not QBR, its not explosive plays, its not protecting the ball, its not W-L % ( which is the most important stat). So other than not scoring as much, being no more explosive of a team and not having as good of a rating ( which are all 100% provable FACTS) tell me what stats back you up??? Or are you giving it the eyeball test? Anyway now I am really leaving. LOL.

You need to revisit your numbers, or explain how you're coming up with the ones you're using. Kap (3-1) and Smith (6-2) have the same W-L record if we don't consider the first STL game, so by that "most important" number, they're equivalent. The team averaged 23.5 PPG in Smith's eight full games to 25.75 in Kap's four. Kap has 16 passes and three rushes of 20+ yards versus Smith's 22 and 1 in twice as many games. For that matter, Kap has five plays of 40+ to four by Smith. So the explosive plays really aren't close. Kap's QBR is 78.1 while Smith's is 70.1. For that matter, Smith turned the ball over 0.75 times a game while Kap has done so 0.5 times a game. So of the five areas you've cited here, Smith isn't actually statistically better in any of them.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
marginal/mediocre

This is another funny habit of yours, you use the precise word "mediocre" over and over again over the years, knowing its negative connotation and exactly how its used. But then when someone calls you on it you try to say "it basically means 'average". Isn't this how it works?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams take leads, and win games, by scoring points. If you're trying to rest on the fact that he didn't give them the *final* points that actually gave them the lead, then fine, I will concede that pitiful fact. He only gave them 10 of the 13 points in regulation that allowed overtime. He gave the Rams 10 points in a game they had trouble sustaining drives and got into the Niners' red zone, what, once?

You turn me into a critic of Kapernick with your unhinged fanboy stance. I like the guy. But just like with Smith, you seem to let your preconceptions completely overwhelm your perceptions.

See this is the problem with you - it isn't a pitiful fact - it is just a fact a simple fact, and one I obviously was very clear about when I made my post.

However, because you were wrong you feel you must try, like a little boy, to diminish the truth by calling it pitiful. So childish.

Also Kap did not give up 10 points he gave up 8 (6 if you want to give him credit for the bad call). Kap wasn't on the defense for the 2pt conversion. (And please spare me the slippery slope excuse)

Finally, and I asked you about this before but either you don't know or are conveniently ignoring the question - What did Kap do on the very next drive after his pitch mistake?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
However, because you were wrong you feel you must try, like a little boy, to diminish the truth by calling it pitiful. So childish.

LOL you are a piece of work. You alternate between spaz shit disturber and uptight schoolmarm in the span of a few posts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem comes when you do this *every single time* he does something well, and literally never come out on his side on any issue. Look, there's not a reasonable person on this board that would agree that you are fair toward Smith. Don't even bother trying to justify this.

I think I'm fair towards Smith, I don't care if any of the groupies disagree with that. I've called him a mediocre starter, I stated he's around 14-16 range in terms of QBs in the league, I've readily admitted that he mimproved under Harbaugh. What more do you want?

My extremism towards Smith comes from all of the posters who have been downplaying Smith's surrounding talent (specifically guys like Joe Staley) to make Smith look better. It was getting ridiculous.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another funny habit of yours, you use the precise word "mediocre" over and over again over the years, knowing its negative connotation and exactly how its used. But then when someone calls you on it you try to say "it basically means 'average". Isn't this how it works?

The negative connotation is in your mind. Clearly you are still shell-shocked from all the hate Smith was receiving on the ESPN boards.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also Kap did not give up 10 points he gave up 8 (6 if you want to give him credit for the bad call). Kap wasn't on the defense for the 2pt conversion. (And please spare me the slippery slope excuse)

Now I'm laughing harder than ever. Sure he gave them the TD, but not the 2-pt. conversion....that's a completely separate issue! Gotcha, I'm sure they would have gotten that 2 point conversion somehow without the TD. Another strong point in a Plato-like exhibition of logic from bemular.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The negative connotation is in your mind.

OK, now everyone knows "mediocre" means below average, pretty common word.....you're trying to dispute this. Now I'm actually interested in whether you've been misusing the word by mistake, or you're being dishonest about how you're using it, or are somehow subconsciously using the word in the way you want to without realizing it....which is it

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you are a piece of work. You alternate between spaz shit disturber and uptight schoolmarm in the span of a few posts.

Hahaha!!! Awww, You're adorable when you are crying :cry: po baby. So, how does it feel to get your ass kicked by a girl?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm fair towards Smith, I don't care if any of the groupies disagree with that. I've called him a mediocre starter, I stated he's around 14-16 range in terms of QBs in the league, I've readily admitted that he mimproved under Harbaugh. What more do you want?

My extremism towards Smith comes from all of the posters who have been downplaying Smith's surrounding talent (specifically guys like Joe Staley) to make Smith look better. It was getting ridiculous.

staley is playing a lot better this year. but last year he wasn't playing that great. the interior line was horrible last year.

we also had nothing at wr. nobody was healthy.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm laughing harder than ever. Sure he gave them the TD, but not the 2-pt. conversion....that's a completely separate issue! Gotcha, I'm sure they would have gotten that 2 point conversion somehow without the TD. Another strong point in a Plato-like exhibition of logic from bemular.

HAHAHAHA!!! Just couldn't help yourself from leaning on the slippery slope could ya - That's fine, I can spot a cry of desperation when I see it.

I'm going to go ahead and remove the 2pts for the safety then. Unless of course that will make you cry say that if Kap hadn't retreated into the end zone the ref wouldn't have made a bad call? LOLOLOL!!!

You do realize that whether it's 6, 8 or10 points - None of it changes a thing - you are still wrong and you are still stupid.