• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious as to why some think Kaepernick isn't doing well

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats cool man. Like I said I have no horse in the race. Just trying to stir debate. I appreciate OPINIONS when presented as such and FACTS when presented as such. It doesnt mean one is more right than the other. I just dont like opinions stated to me as facts :)

When people state facts to me as opinions, it bugs the hell out of me. Like someone the other day told me that he thinks it snowed today. Or another that she feels that the sun sets in the west. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this from the comments section - if you remove defensive TDs (one in the Jets game and two in the Saints game):

"Smith has 182 offensive points for an average of 22.8. Kaep has 87 points for an average of 21.8.

Taking all time played, Smith has 189 offensive points in 8.4 games for an average of 21.8. Kaep has 104 offensive points in 5.1 games (.85 games in the first Rams game and 1.25 in the second) for an average of 20.4."​
Pretty even for the past, but I assume the future is favoring Kaep - just my opinion.

Ran out of editing time...

I assume they treat Kaep's scores when Smith was playing to be similar to when Gore scores when Kaep is playing. I.E. you don't remove those. Don't agree or disagree, but that is interesting. On one hand, Kaep scored those because of his abilities, but they also could be a product of surprise at that point moreso than now, and Smith's offense got them into the red zone.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people state facts to me as opinions, it bugs the hell out of me. Like someone the other day told me that he thinks it snowed today. Or another that she feels that the sun sets in the west. ;)

Hell yeah, thats the worst!!! LOL

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bemular, half the things on that list are debatable. But to just point to one that is plainly ridiculous:

He almost single-handedly gave the Rams their win, and I'd say it was directly attributable to his lack of experience when it came to the pitch play. They had nothing other than the points Kap gave them on two sloppy plays.

He's a very promising QB who's playing pretty good football right now. When you try to pretend he's this polished product who is better than Smith in every way it's just the same old nonsense.

First please tell me where I ever said or pretended he was a polished product? See, when you try to pretend people say things they did not say you just look like an idiot.

Second, do you know what the word "almost" means?

Here is why I'm asking.

I said his lack of experience has not cost us in the W/L column and you stated that my claim is "plainly ridiculous". You then go on this 120+ word expo of incompetence attempting to substantiate your statement by saying his lack of experience almost cost us the game - Fucking brilliant!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia, you'll give yourself heartburn arguing with these guys. Its been like this for years. Bemular doesn't seem to understand what "objective" means, don't go crazy over it.

After your demonstration on the meaning of the word "almost" I know now you haven't a clue what the word "objective" means. Don't forget the red ball for your nose before you go out.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats cool man. Like I said I have no horse in the race. Just trying to stir debate. I appreciate OPINIONS when presented as such and FACTS when presented as such. It doesnt mean one is more right than the other. I just dont like opinions stated to me as facts :)

Hey here you are! - You are becoming easier to recognize from that huge shit stain on your tail.

So about those questions I asked. Here let me refresh your memory of what you said and what I'm asking

Here you asked where my "stats" were to support my claim that Kap was the better QB, indicating clearly that statistics are the benchmark of evaluating skills & ability.

You keep accusing me of cherry picking stats. Show me the stats that back up your assertion that Kaep is better.

To which I asked:

So you are finally testifying that stats tell the story about which QB's are better than other QB's and that stats equate to skills and ability - Seriously? You sure you want to go with that?

You then went on some rant about facts & opinions much like this one below.

To which I asked:

So now you're saying opinions cannot be factual!?! Hahaha!!! Tell me Falcon boy what exactly do you think your facts prove?

Now I do like the backtrack in this most recent post, the "it doesn't mean..." statement, but I would still like you to educate me on how exactly do stats equate to skills & ability and what exactly do your "facts" prove? (Be careful not to express your answers as opinions.)

The Jeopardy music is playing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey here you are! - You are becoming easier to recognize from that huge shit stain on your tail.

So about those questions I asked. Here let me refresh your memory of what you said and what I'm asking

Here you asked where my "stats" were to support my claim that Kap was the better QB, indicating clearly that statistics are the benchmark of evaluating skills & ability.

To which I asked:

You then went on some rant about facts & opinions much like this one below.

To which I asked:

Now I do like the backtrack in this most recent post, the "it doesn't mean..." statement, but I would still like you to educate me on how exactly do stats equate to skills & ability and what exactly do your "facts" prove? (Be careful not to express your answers as opinions.)

The Jeopardy music is playing.

Opinions can indeed be factual but nothing you stated has been proven as such. Not sure why you are getting upset. I simply stated actual provable facts supporting an argument ( one that was backed up by a 49ers writer evidently per the Alex Smith vs CK post earlier in the thread). After stating these facts you posted a half page long dissertation about your opinions and then tried to pose them as facts. To be fair to you they could indeed turn out to be factual in the future after MANY MANY more actual performances by CK. However right now they are not. Here is the synopsis: Your team is a Super Bowl caliber team with Alex Smith as your QB. This is FACTUAL based on the fact that you were a KW fuckup away from playing in the SB last year and Smith was performing better this year. Now you may very well be a SB caliber team with Kaep at QB too, my guess is that you are. However thats the point. Its a GUESS at this point. A guess is not a fact, it may turn out to be fact but right now, this very minute, it is not. Jeez B its like talking to a wall. Im not saying you are wrong, Im simply saying you MIGHT be. You cannot say that about my point. My point has already been proven. Yours has not.

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fo sho'.

Here is a fact, though. Your current sig is blasphemous. :squeeze:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's my problem with this article (other than that baby Cohn is a jackass). Alex Smith has been playing games in the league for 6 years. Kaepernick has 4 starts. At Smith's BEST, Kaepernick is playing as well or better according to the criteria set forth in that article.

So why stick with Smith, who is obviously at his peak, when Kaep is playing as well or outperforming him?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of like the whole "YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO BE MAKING THIS CHANGE, YOU CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL WITH ALEX" rhetoric you've been spouting for the last month, no?

What factual, statistical analysis bears that out?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said his lack of experience has not cost us in the W/L column and you stated that my claim is "plainly ridiculous". You then go on this 120+ word expo of incompetence attempting to substantiate your statement by saying his lack of experience almost cost us the game - Fucking brilliant!

You have a very unusual combination of spaz and anal going. For what its worth, I didn't say he "almost cost them the game" - they did lose the game in question, and his mistakes caused that - I said that he "almost single-handedly lost them the game", which is worse. Only Ginn's half-hearted effort to retrieve the fumble shifts any blame away from Kap. But rest assured he blew that one.

As for your previous comment, you made a list describing Kapernick better in almost any meaningful way than Smith, then deny you're describing him as polished? Fine, whatever. Fun to watch you and Clyde and others who spent years crying about Smith apologists instantly flip the switch and become Kap fanatics.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QBs in the NFL have had a better supporting cast the last year and a half than Alex Smith?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bemular, half the things on that list are debatable. But to just point to one that is plainly ridiculous:

He almost single-handedly gave the Rams their win, and I'd say it was directly attributable to his lack of experience when it came to the pitch play. If Smith gets that dubious play call, he doesn't make it worse by trying a crazy pitch to Ginn, and on the small chance he did probably wouldn't have sailed it. The Rams had one good drive in that game, and it didn't even result in points. They had almost nothing other than the points Kap gave them on two sloppy plays.

He's a very promising QB who's playing pretty good football right now. When you try to pretend he's this polished product who is better than Smith in every way it's just the same old nonsense.

You have a very unusual combination of spaz and anal going. For what its worth, I didn't say he "almost cost them the game" - they did lose the game in question, and his mistakes caused that - I said that he "almost single-handedly lost them the game", which is worse. Only Ginn's half-hearted effort to retrieve the fumble shifts any blame away from Kap. But rest assured he blew that one.

As for your previous comment, you made a list describing Kapernick better in almost any meaningful way than Smith, then deny you're describing him as polished? Fine, whatever. Fun to watch you and Clyde and others who spent years crying about Smith apologists instantly flip the switch and become Kap fanatics.

Here let me make sure I have this correct:

This is what I wrote:

"...Kaps lack of experience has not cost us in the W/L column."

Now, for the intellectually impaired that means: "his lack of experience has not cost us a loss."

You claimed I was "plainly ridiculous" and offered the following as proof that it was plainly ridiculous

He almost single-handedly gave the Rams their win

You are now saying:

"For what its worth, I didn't say he "almost cost them the game" - they did lose the game in question, and his mistakes caused that"

So do you shit your pants when you squirm like this?

Listen up and pay close attention - Kaps mistakes in the Rams game didn't even cost us the lead let alone the game.

What part of that do you NOT understand?

Furthermore, do you know how Kap responded to his mistake?

"As for your previous comment, you made a list describing Kapernick better in almost any meaningful way than Smith, then deny you're describing him as polished? Fine, whatever."

This little comment is quite revealing. If you and the other assclowns didn't have Alex placed on such a incompetently high pedestal you would know that there many levels above Alex before you get to polished.

Kap is a much better athlete and a better to much better QB - Kap is still a year or two away from being polished - Do you think you can remember this?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a mess. I can't tell if you need to take more drugs or less drugs. Anyway, if you really think:

Kaps mistakes in the Rams game didn't even cost us the lead let alone the game.

....then what else is there to say? The Rams might not have scored all game without his two mistakes - other than that they had a long FG to tie they wouldn't have attempted without a close game, and a FG in overtime that shouldn't have happened.

And you talk about Smith apologists......you've not only placed this guy on a pedestal after a month of play, you're apparently blind to his mistakes. Nobody has ever said Smith is anything more than a decent QB, its only now we're seeing a bunch of worshippers turn a QB into more than he really is.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess. I can't tell if you need to take more drugs or less drugs. Anyway, if you really think:

....then what else is there to say? The Rams might not have scored all game without his two mistakes - other than that they had a long FG to tie they wouldn't have attempted without a close game, and a FG in overtime that shouldn't have happened.

And you talk about Smith apologists......you've not only placed this guy on a pedestal after a month of play, you're apparently blind to his mistakes. Nobody has ever said Smith is anything more than a decent QB, its only now we're seeing a bunch of worshippers turn a QB into more than he really is.

LMFAO!!! So is that bolded meant for you or me? You assholes have been doing precisely this for 7 years with Smith and now that you have finally been proven to be idiots you want to say we are putting Kap on a pedestal for simply acknowledging the obvious - You are truly a stipid little kid! Hahahaha!

As for the other, listen, I don't give a flying fuck WHAT ELSE you said - my point was succinct and not at all open to all of your excuses and sniveling.

Did Kaps inexperience cause us to lose the Rams game - Nope! His mistakes cost us points - NOT the lead and NOT the game, and all of your sniveling isn't going to change that.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions can indeed be factual but nothing you stated has been proven as such. Not sure why you are getting upset. I simply stated actual provable facts supporting an argument ( one that was backed up by a 49ers writer evidently per the Alex Smith vs CK post earlier in the thread). After stating these facts you posted a half page long dissertation about your opinions and then tried to pose them as facts. To be fair to you they could indeed turn out to be factual in the future after MANY MANY more actual performances by CK. However right now they are not. Here is the synopsis: Your team is a Super Bowl caliber team with Alex Smith as your QB. This is FACTUAL based on the fact that you were a KW fuckup away from playing in the SB last year and Smith was performing better this year. Now you may very well be a SB caliber team with Kaep at QB too, my guess is that you are. However thats the point. Its a GUESS at this point. A guess is not a fact, it may turn out to be fact but right now, this very minute, it is not. Jeez B its like talking to a wall. Im not saying you are wrong, Im simply saying you MIGHT be. You cannot say that about my point. My point has already been proven. Yours has not.

Nice screen door! Here are just a couple responses.

Opinions can indeed be factual

As are the opinions expressed in my list.

but nothing you stated has been proven as such.

What games/drives/plays did you see where Kap disproved anything on that list? What facts do you have to support your opinion that NOTHING I stated has been proven - Really? Nothing? You're a hilariously desperate kid.

I simply stated actual provable facts supporting an argument

Yes, but unfortunately the argument you are posing (which I certain you no longer have a fucking clue what it is) cannot be supported with the type of facts you are providing.

Look, kid I get it you think you can look at a stat sheet and know everything there is to know about a game, a play, a team segment or an individual player - We have a few of your type over here as well - we call 'em idiots

"Here is the synopsis: Your team is a Super Bowl caliber team with Alex Smith as your QB. This is FACTUAL based on the fact that you were a KW fuckup away from playing in the SB last year and Smith was performing better this year. Now you may very well be a SB caliber team with Kaep at QB too, my guess is that you are. However thats the point. Its a GUESS at this point. A guess is not a fact, it may turn out to be fact but right now, this very minute, it is not. Jeez B its like talking to a wall. Im not saying you are wrong, Im simply saying you MIGHT be. You cannot say that about my point. My point has already been proven. Yours has not."

Here is the synopsis. We are a Super Bowl caliber team with either Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick. And neither of those QB's nor any of your meaningless FACTS change THAT fact!

It seems you are trying, and rather desperately I will add, to suggest your OPINION is FACT based on KW’s fumble, current statistics and fuck only knows what else.

Look, I'm going to give you something you have obviously never had – an education.

Your entire argument can be summed like this:

It is the OPINION of Rmilla1 that we are an idiot organization because we are choosing a more athletic, more versatile less experienced QB over a less athletic, less versatile, more experienced QB.

I have news for you kid – all of your facts, contrary to your OPINION do not make your OPINION more FACTUAL!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember the only reason that SF was even able to play in the game against NYG was because of Smith leading them on a game winning TD drive against the Saints the week before. I also remember you guys being in a position to go to the SB until KW did his thing. I dont remember any of that about Kaep... I remember him being really good 1 time and average 3 others against pretty iffy competition. We will know more about Kaep after the next 3 weeks. If he beats NE or wins at Seattle then Ill be a little more optimistic about his chances to win a huge playoff game.

Jesus Christ. I remember the only reason Smith led a game-winning drive against NO is because he was awful for the second, third, and most of the fourth quarter, allowing NO to stick around despite five turnovers.

Smith had two fantastic drives to close out that game, but people constantly hold this game up as a sensational game. It wasn't. It was a sensational four minutes preceded by some frankly poor QBing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep fanatics? Hilarious. I don't think anyone here is claiming Kaepernick is a top-10 QB.

It's you and the other Alex Smith groupies who attempt to pimp Alex Smith at every possible juncture and foam at the mouth whenever he's calling anything other than a good QB.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did Kaps inexperience cause us to lose the Rams game - Nope! His mistakes cost us points - NOT the lead and NOT the game, and all of your sniveling isn't going to change that.

Teams take leads, and win games, by scoring points. If you're trying to rest on the fact that he didn't give them the *final* points that actually gave them the lead, then fine, I will concede that pitiful fact. He only gave them 10 of the 13 points in regulation that allowed overtime. He gave the Rams 10 points in a game they had trouble sustaining drives and got into the Niners' red zone, what, once?

You turn me into a critic of Kapernick with your unhinged fanboy stance. I like the guy. But just like with Smith, you seem to let your preconceptions completely overwhelm your perceptions.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's you and the other Alex Smith groupies who attempt to pimp Alex Smith at every possible juncture and foam at the mouth whenever he's calling anything other than a good QB.

If there is one person that has a fair, unclouded view of the situation its you, no doubt. I've never, ever called him anything more than decent or above average, when you and others were saying he didn't belong in the league. You turn this into some kind of devotion to rationalize your warped perspective. Nothing new here.